What's new

The role of the EU in the current crisis between east and west and how to solve this?

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
If you read the comments of the typical internet warriors in this forums you could get the impression that the EU, whic is basicly governed from germany, should support russia 100%. But those totally ignore the situation the EU faces.

The USA and Russia have not much trade ties. They can easily pull the most absurd sanctions over each other.

The EU is the worlds greatest economy and the center of the globalized world as we know it. The largest trade partner of the EU are the USA. Russia is an economic dwarf but the EU gets much of its energy from there. You can see in chancellor Merkels diplomacy that she tries to balance this and take all aspects into account.

Eastern EU member states as poland and latvia or estonia don´t trust russia and see it as a security risk. They demand much more actions. Merkel did not allow that the security contracts with russia get broken nor does she allow that the contact gets ripped off. On the other side she has to counter russian agression and show that the security of the EU has her full support.

It is unfortunate that her original approach to hold contact with Putin did not work. So far she was the only world leader who did meet with Putin and acted normal with him. She prevented harsher actions against russia. Both cameron and hollande are too weak and nothing in the EU can be done against Merkels will. This here was just few days before the shot down of MH 17

e5407772d46b0a44b34b76c5cb762697.jpg

5fd7c52a0845ae1440ecddc6c0c6b254.jpg

But the destruction of MH 17 was a game changer. It made the diplomacy of chancellor Merkel obsolete. I dont want speculate who shot down the airplane. But the basic fact is, that this event makes the approach of Merkel impossible right now.

But how can this conflict be solved? As bad as it is, this is not the business of the Ukraine. Its business between the EU and Russia.

Bot giants have their security issues. Russia fears NATO at its boarders and the eastern EU lands fear russian troops close their boarders. I think russia realized that it lost western Ukraine. It was never close to russia and always orientated more towards western europe. This is a simple fact. Eastern ukraine is a different issue. Nobody can denie there are much russians who are unhappy with the current situation. But the local support for seperation is also very small. Maybe best option would be a federal state there, neutral and similar to switzerland. Serving both sides security interests, EU and russia.

Thats my two cents about this and i would like to hear your opinions. Because the worst thing we can have is a new cold war and lost decade. In the end we must accept each other. Russia won´t go and we won´t go either and a solution must be found where both sides can live with.

The EU is the worlds greatest economy and the center of the globalized world as we know it.

That title belongs to China :china:

Maybe best option would be a federal state there, neutral and similar to switzerland. Serving both sides security interests, EU and russia.

Won't work. Hardly anyone speaks Ukrainian in Donbas. Donbas is too different from Ukraine to be part of Ukraine. Independence is the only solution. Heck, even Montenegro separated from Serbia in 2006.

That title belongs to China :china:

Won't work. Hardly anyone speaks Ukrainian in Donbas. Donbas is too different from Ukraine to be part of Ukraine. Independence is the only solution. Heck, even Montenegro separated from Serbia in 2006.

How can China be world gretest economy when it has not even 50% the size of EU economy?

that aside back to topic,

How can China be world gretest economy when it has not even 50% the size of EU economy?

China is the world's biggest country. In terms of area, okay it's not that big at only 9.6 million square kilometers, but population wise it's #1. The EU isn't even a country and isn't even that united :yes2:

LMAO..

Markus again trying to "feel good" about Europe in the face of increasing European irrelevance.

Europe in no a any "center" of globalized world. No kidding, I'm seeing ISIS in more news than I've EVER seen EU...lol...I know the comparison is redundant..offcourse. But it just tells you that nobody really cares about EU.

East and West are contemporary concepts with no relevance in history. Historically, "Europe" itself is an extension of "Eastern" civilization(s) such as ancient Egypt, Persia, Babylonian, Sumerian civilizations etc

Europeans are a contracting civilization with their population decreasing, their culture losing out to multi-culturalism, and their white identity changing to white, black, brown, and mix identity and their traditional way of life all but gone.

LMAO..

Markus again trying to "feel good" about Europe in the face of increasing European irrelevance.

Europe in no a any "center" of globalized world. No kidding, I'm seeing ISIS in more news than I've EVER seen EU...lol...I know the comparison is redundant..offcourse. But it just tells you that nobody really cares about EU.

East and West are contemporary concepts with no relevance in history. Historically, "Europe" itself is an extension of "Eastern" civilization(s) such as ancient Egypt, Persia, Babylonian, Sumerian civilizations etc

Europeans are a contracting civilization with their population decreasing, their culture losing out to multi-culturalism, and their white identity changing to white, black, brown, and mix identity and their traditional way of life all but gone.

What are you?

Are you kidding me?

Our 2014 GDP is 10 trillion, and it will be doubled by 2020.

EU is a loose organization, still not a country as a whole, so it cannot compete with the big boys.

The EU sanctions can merely tickle Russia which got the support from China.

EU is like BRICS, yeah it's a feel good, but nothing formal about it.

What are you?

What do you mean what am I?

lol...

I am American, Pakistani, Muslim, Asian, Brown, Male, Son, Brother, Friend and so on and on.

Stop asking dumb questions and also stop making embarrassing threads regarding a contracting, irrelevant world lol..

Go to London (The largest capital of "Europaaaa" lol)...and all you'll see is MULTI-CULTURE at work...and traditional European culture no where to be seen...only in rural areas may be.

How sad.

What do you mean what am I?

lol...

I am American, Pakistani, Muslim, Asian, Brown, Male, Son, Brother, Friend and so on and on.

Stop asking dumb questions and also stop making embarrassing threads regarding a contracting, irrelevant world lol..

Go to London (The largest capital of "Europaaaa" lol)...and all you'll see is MULTI-CULTURE at work...and traditional European culture no where to be seen...only in rural areas may be.

How sad.

No, thats not what i asked. I asked what you are?

"traditional european culture is as disgusting as asian traditional culture. Traditions are disgusting per se and bind humanity in the past. Just look at your place of origin...Traditions must be crushed, cultures and nations must be crushed. We live in the 21st century. The global world divides between the Uber Humans and the low subhumans.

Well what is your solution in this so both sides can agree?

The Russian solution is quite clear; Ukraine either to stay neutral, otherwise Russia will reclaim it, whether they like it or not.

Putin will always take the sovereignty over the democrazy.

Back
Top Bottom