What's new

The Real Reason of Germany's defeat in the Second World War

What was the primary country that resulted in the defeat of Nazi Germany?

• Total voters
Apparently we've read very different history. Enjoy the narrative that makes you happy.

The Soviet General Staff considered the situation if there is no help from the Allies , the war will last for a year and a half longer.
But the Soviet Union would have won anyway. Hitler himself was well aware that the attack on Russia - suicide. A war on two fronts - in general madness. He is in Mein Kampf wrote about it . And he said it more than once at party meetings .
He simply had no choice - they helped Hitler to come to power on the condition that he would attack the USSR , and the money was given to him for this and recognized him rightful ruler of Germany and gave the Ruhr , Austria and Czechoslovakia. And they gave the whole of Europe almoust without a fight just to make Hitler to fight with Russia .
Look at this photo.
anywalls.com-50659.jpg

Over the Reichstag - the Soviet flag . No more flags were not there. 

Germany takes the best soldiers from Europe - they have served in the SS.
And the rest of the citizens of Europe have worked in factories for the benefit of the Fuhrer. They did tanks and planes and guns and bullets.
They contributed to the Hitler's victory over the Soviet Union. And it was a huge contribution.
And no uprisings in Europe was not. Resistance - do not make me laugh.
Only in Serbia were partisans. The rest Europe's resistance - at best to hide the Jews, they would not go into the woods and did not fight with Hitler.

That's a bit over simplification of the situation happened during February-April'1945. Stalin had two main reasons to seize Berlin before the British and Americans,1.to achieve the key symbol of allied victory 2.Operation Borodino,the soviet N-Research programme.

The race of Berlin was over when Eisenhower much consternation to Churchill insisted that Berlin was not logical nor the most desirable objective for the forces of Western allies.He had speculative intelligence report that Hitler would fight to the end in his Alpine fortress in the south.He had assured Stalin that Americans had no intention advancing Berlin.
Have you heard about Field-Marshal Gerd von Rundstedt ? He had two hundred thousand soldiers, and in late December of 1944, went on the offensive in the Ardennes. Within days, he crumpled the defense of Americans , and if the Allies did not have persuaded Stalin to intensify offensives , the Western Front would have been crushed.
Stalin launched four offensives in early January 1945 - Vistula- Oder , Sandomir - Silesia , Western Carpathians , East Prussia , the Warsaw- Poznan . In this way he saved the Allies.
After January 1945 the Germans transferred all forces to the Eastern Front , while remaining almoust only garrisons .

One of the biggest mistake done by her ally Japan by attacking USA.

Apparently we've read very different history. Enjoy the narrative that makes you happy.
My grandfather fought in that War. My people have lost ten million militaries and seventeen million civilians killed by bloodthirsty monsters from the West.
So I have a right to assume that the history that is taught in my country - the true one.
And whether you has that right? Have you bought it with blood and sweat?

Please remember that the course of the war was decided not in December of 1944 nor in Soviet offensive in January next year. It was a series of events from 1942 itself that decided the final fate of the war. I would not comment on the battle of Ardennes and the role of Soviets in it as I have no idea what you said.

PS: I have no intention to malign the Soviet role in the war. Infact I was a big fan of a Red Army Airforce when I read a book by Boris Nikolaevich Polevoy when I was 9 or 10 perhaps.So cheers :-)

Last edited:
Please remember that the course of the war was decided not in December of 1944 nor in Soviet offensive in January next year. It was a series of events from 1942 itself that decided the final fate of the war. I would not comment on the battle of Ardennes and the role of Soviets in it as I have no idea what you said.
Look, we have in every village, every town a monument to the soldiers fought in that war. Back in the Soviet era near that monuments pioneers always were on duty . We call that war Great Patriotic War. Every family in former USSR has it's own hero. For the West it was a war for colonies or for something else, but for the Russians it was war for our Motherland and for the future.
The Allies also contributed - but it is no more than the help of the USSR in the war with Japan.

Look, we have in every village, every town a monument to the soldiers fought in that war. Back in the Soviet era near that monuments pioneers always were on duty . We call that war Great Patriotic War. Every family in former USSR has it's own hero. For the West it was a war for colonies or for something else, but for the Russians it was war for our Motherland and for the future.
The Allies also contributed - but it is no more than the help of the USSR in the war with Japan.

Your sentiment and emotion are quite understandable.But every national who fought against the Nazis and the Japanese have similar sentiments just like you. Don't you think the Greeks villagers (on the verge of extinction by the Nazis then) who gave their own food to the retreating allied troops when a bread was worth a months income have equal right to feel proud? Or what about the Poles who were literally "shared" by Berlin and Moscow before the war? Do you undermine the fighting offered by the Chinese National Army who didn't even get enough reinforcement from the West like the Soviets did?
Everybody sacrificed something,even the Germans who despised Hitler. Lets revisit the horrible war history with honesty and give due share of respect to everyone.

Your sentiment and emotion are quite understandable.But every national who fought against the Nazis and the Japanese have similar sentiments just like you. Don't you think the Greeks villagers (on the verge of extinction by the Nazis then) who gave their own food to the retreating allied troops when a bread was worth a months income have equal right to feel proud? Or what about the Poles who were literally "shared" by Berlin and Moscow before the war? Do you undermine the fighting offered by the Chinese National Army who didn't even get enough reinforcement from the West like the Soviets did?
Everybody sacrificed something,even the Germans who despised Hitler. Lets revisit the horrible war history with honesty and give due share of respect to everyone.
What does the sentiment?
Germany and its vassals have lost 75% of soldiers on the Eastern Front.
What sentiment?
I do not understand how you can compare the Western or African Front and Eastern Front?
Germans asked the commanders to be sent to the Western Front.
In a Stalingrad, were destroyed more Germans than in entire war in the West.

What does the sentiment?
Germany and its vassals have lost 75% of soldiers on the Eastern Front.
What sentiment?
I do not understand how you can compare the Western or African Front and Eastern Front?
Germans asked the commanders to be sent to the Western Front.
In a Stalingrad, were destroyed more Germans than in entire war in the West.

Ok.Long live Stalin.:lock:

Ok.Long live Stalin.:lock:
Oh guys, you can not even imagine what you obliged to Comrade Stalin
If not his victory over the West - no Decolonization would happened. It would be physically impossible. Old empires would repressed the rebellion with ease - because the technology gap between the colonies and metropoly would constantly increasing. And no matter how many people in colony - even in the era of flintlock rifles Europeans won in the ratio of 1 to 100. Now would be flying thousands of drones over the whole of Asia and Africa - and would have killed fighters for independence. But in the newspapers they would called rebels and terrorists.
All the countries that gained independence after World War II - owe it to Comrade Stalin.
I am sure that after a couple of centuries mankind will give him his due, or may be earlier.

Last edited:
Hitler actually hindered Germany the most in the war, forget everything else he was a handicap.

'Jewish Banking interests' - this was a common Goebbels propaganda theme.
But anyway Hitler was never interested in Unternehmen See Lowe(operation Sea Lion), the invasion of Britain. Besides, I think it was beyond the capability of the German armed forces. They did not have enough landing ships, ships to protect the landing fleet etc. The only way it could have was if the Luftwaffe had established total air sup. But in Adler(operation) they failed to know out the Royal Air Force. It was settling down into a war of attrition. The kind of war Germany was not prepared for.

I suggest you and @AUSTERLITZ should read :

Battles That Changed History: Fifty Decisive Battles Spanning Over 2,500 Years of Warfare
by Geoffrey Regan

242ajdf.jpg

If not his victory over the West - no Decolonization would happened. It would be physically impossible.
All the countries that gained independence after World War II - owe it to Comrade Stalin.
I am sure that after a couple of centuries mankind will give him his due, or may be earlier.

Decolonization by Stalin? Fighting the Germans and insisting Churchill and Roosevelt to stick to Molotov-Ribbentrop pact at the same time? Please,am out.

Back
Top Bottom