What's new

The Quint: Terrorists or Rebels? Meet the Families of active Kashmiri Mujahideen

Well for us our territorial sovereignty is supreme, bigger than our democracy or any right of anybody anywhere. All rights that a citizen has in the free world (forget about Islamic world) have been given to an average Kashmiri. Law of land is supreme if they want Sharia they can very well shift to Saudi. Also if you guys are such saints why don't you have a plebiscite in your part of Kashmir and 'so-called' free them and as you are on it have one in Baluchistan too.

We also respect India's territorial integrity and sovereignty, but Kashmir is not Indian territory

Kashmir is an internationally recognized disputed territory under international law whose accession to India or Pakistan is yet to be decided, in accordance with the will of people of Kashmir ...

And you seem to be forgetting that India itself took this dispute to the UN in 1949 where it is still registered as an unresolved dispute on the agenda of the Security Council.

India has backtracked on its commitment to let the Kashmiris decide their fate. You are on the wrong side. Kashmiris do have a right to self determination, and their insurgency is legitimate.

Pakistan has never refused to hold a plebiscite in Pak administered Kashmir. What are you talking about ?

As for Baluchistan, Baluchistan Insurgency in Pakistan is comparable to the Maoist Insurgency in India, but not Kashmir Insurgency.

Unlike Kashmir, Baluchistan and Northeast Indian states are NOT Disputed Territories under International Law.

Accession of Kashmir is different from accession of any other Indian Princely State (including Khanate of Kalat, Baluchistan) as the accession has been placed before the UN Security Council for arranging a ratification or otherwise by the people of the State under the auspices of the United Nations. Therefore, the arrangement caused through the accession of 26 October 1947 has been taken over by the interests of 195 countries of the UN (including Pakistan as a member nation of UN and as a party). Pakistan as a party to the dispute administers two administrations of the State on its side of cease fire line.

Call them Freedom Fighters, Revolutionaries, Mujahideen, Militants, Rebels with a Cause or by any other name

But they are NOT terrorists

Honestly speaking if I would have been in their place living in IOK. I might have joined militants by now too.

Indian state wants them to join militancy and doesn't care about IOK or its people. It only cares about the land like a typical land grabber and this reflect from whatever Indian state does in that region.

Honestly speaking if I would have been in their place living in IOK. I might have joined militants by now too.

Indian state wants them to join militancy and doesn't care about IOK or its people. It only cares about the land like a typical land grabber and this reflect from whatever Indian state does in that region.

The true men, the true Muslims are those who can use pen and AK-47 with the same ease, against the oppressors, against the "Zalimeen"

Back
Top Bottom