What's new

The Pak match fixing saga

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Seeing the sting operation and all that the media tells us one is reasonabaly sure that wrong has been committed by the Pak players.

The issue is ‘ how wrong are they “ ?

Did they collude with bookies to throw away the match ?
Did they give opportunities for the other team to gain unfair advantage over them ?
Did their actions cause their own team to loose ?

These & similar questions come to mind. Leading one to think while they are wrong in not applying themselves completely in the match and playing to their fullest potential ( considering that they may not have delivered No Balls normally) .

Were they wrong ? Can it be termed as a harmless prank ? It could if money did not change hands.
The truth is that I am not completely convinced that these boys did wrong.

Being an Indian I should gloat and be happy that Pak & Pak players are being maligned and embarassed.

I am not.

I sometimes feel that the players should not get anything more than a rap on the knuckles & let the PCB decide their fate.

Wonder how others feel ?

Seeing the sting operation and all that the media tells us one is reasonabaly sure that wrong has been committed by the Pak players.

The issue is ‘ how wrong are they “ ?

Did they collude with bookies to throw away the match ?
Did they give opportunities for the other team to gain unfair advantage over them ?
Did their actions cause their own team to loose ?

These & similar questions come to mind. Leading one to think while they are wrong in not applying themselves completely in the match and playing to their fullest potential ( considering that they may not have delivered No Balls normally) .

Were they wrong ? Can it be termed as a harmless prank ? It could if money did not change hands.
The truth is that I am not completely convinced that these boys did wrong.

Being an Indian I should gloat and be happy that Pak & Pak players are being maligned and embarassed.

I am not.

I sometimes feel that the players should get anything more than a rap on the knuckles & let the PCB decide their fate.

Wonder how others feel ?

After this incident, some in the Pakistani media are saying that some PCB leaders were also involved in match fixing. Some of
these leader's relatives are bookies in Lahore and Karachi. It has become a messed up situation for them to act upon.

Back
Top Bottom