What's new

THE MYTH OF NORTH AFRICA AS ARAB,UNCOVERED

Ceylal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Ethnic composition of North Africa /

The domination of the Arab genome in the conquered territories following the Muslim invasions would be a pure ideological fantasy. This statement is by no means an emanation of any partisan spirit, but a scientific response provided by a very serious study carried out within the framework of the "Genographic Project" led by the National Geographic Corporation.

The supremacy of the Arab genome in several so-called "Arab" countries is ultimately pure fantasy. The Geographic Project study, which focused on ethnic components on four continents for several years, has just demonstrated that dominant ideological models are at odds with scientific truths. In any case concerning the North Africa .

The study focused on Tunisia, whose ethnic component is similar to other countries in the region. According to the results obtained, Arabic Tunisia and by extension that of the Maghreb is a fanciful ideological projection, Arabic DNA hardly exceeding 4%, while the North African genome is dominant with 88%, followed by the genome With 5%.

The other big surprise is Egypt. Claiming ethnically, culturally and officially Arab, Egypt is, in fact, very few. The genetic data reveal that the genome of its population is North African at 68%. In the land of the pharaohs, the Arab genome is very minor, only 17%.

Moreover, the Arab genome is non-existent in the regions north and south of the Maghreb, almost all of which have been the subject of conquests mistakenly referred to as Arabs. In countries such as Spain, Portugal, France, Senegal and Nigeria, the Arab genome is included in the "nil" box of this study. On the other hand, the North African genome is well represented with 9% in the Iberian countries. In Sardinia, Italy, the North African genome reaches 11%, while it is around 12% in Senegal and 3% in Nigeria.

The North African genome has been found in remote areas. Thus, 5% of Argentines and 6% of Colombians have North African origins. The North African genome was also detected in 3% of the population of Bermuda, Mexico, Peru and Puerto Rico.

A tiny fraction of the population of Greece, Iran, Tuscany (Italy), Kenya and Ethiopia, with 4% for each country, also has North African origins.

Massi M.

The Arabs were not interested in raping other's women, their sole objective was the spread of Islam to north Africa and beyond (About Moussa Ibn Nosair and others), Arabic was the language of the Coran, hence it was spread rather quickly and widely, it had nothing to do with the genome and genetics at all, Most Arab conquerors were accompanied with their women caravans..

I was told by some learned members that from Oman, UAE, KSA, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Marocco, Sudan, Yemen or otherwise known as MENA that were one people - Arab. I guess now we are learning about Berbers etc.

True Arabs are only found in the Arabian Peninsula.

There's no myth to debunk.

Everyone knows North Africa is culturally Arab but genetically.. themselves!! But there are tiny Arab and European contributions to their genepool.

Moreover, the Arab genome is non-existent in the regions north and south of the Maghreb,

Lol - north of the Maghreb is Mediterranean. No one lives there.

There's no myth to debunk.

Everyone knows North Africa is culturally Arab but genetically.. themselves!! But there are tiny Arab and European contributions to their genepool.

Lol - north of the Maghreb is Mediterranean. No one lives there.
North Africa isn't culturally Arab either.

It's linguistically Arab, but culturally North African.

The same goes for Egypt, the Levant, and Mesopotamia.

The only place that's "culturally Arab" is the Arabian Peninsula.

The Arab World is simply a linguistic community that shares a common language, that's all.

North Africa isn't culturally Arab either.

It's linguistically Arab, but culturally North African.

The same goes for Egypt, the Levant, and Mesopotamia.

The only place that's "culturally Arab" is the Arabian Peninsula.

The Arab World is simply a linguistic community that shares a common language, that's all.

What's North African culture? A: It's mostly Arabo-Islamic culture with a tiny bit of local flavor.

Ps. you definitely have an agenda. You seem to be interested in promoting ethnic nationalism, regionalism, separatism in bigger ME countries (including Turkey) and try to downplay or negatively portray the things that unite the ME Muslim world.

Did you come up with letters for your invented Amazighi/Barbaric language or you're still waiting for your French masters to invent them for you?

What's North African culture? A: It's mostly Arabo-Islamic culture with a tiny bit of local flavor.
Nonsense.

If you think the vast majority of cultural elements in North Africa have come from a mythical place in the Arabian Peninsula, then I'm afraid this discussion can't continue any further lol.

Ps. you definitely have an agenda. You seem to be interested in promoting ethnic nationalism, regionalism, separatism in bigger ME countries (including Turkey) and try to downplay or negatively portray the things that unite the ME Muslim world.
I guess she is Hindu living in Kuwait, so for sure all her comments are to denigrate KSA an the GCC on every thread..

I guess she is Hindu living in Kuwait, so for sure all her comments are to denigrate KSA an the GCC on every thread..

No, @Sinan (or maybe another Turkish guy?) mentioned she is a white woman living in Kuwait and also has a personal blog.

By the same token, I guess your passionate defense of anything and everything related to the GCC means you're neither Canadian nor from Canada.

Unsurprisingly, whenever people sense they aren't intellectually capable of having constructive debates, they resort to argumentum ad hominem as a last-ditch desperate attempt to score a minuscule victory.

Back
Top Bottom