What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

The Doc said that my excessive consumption of Sodium is the culprit along with my familial allergy to baking soda and certain spices - I consume a lot of meat, a lot of spicy stuff and the salt shaker is my best friend - but I never really developed the discipline to cut down on the Sodium....the food tastes soo bland without it !

you got BP... im scared im gonna end up with diabetes which runs in the family (*mothers side)....

@Armstrong im getting shit scared man... diabetes run in my family.

Mine too, along with hypertension and even parkinsons !

So my Dad - being a Doctor himself - is usually scolding me too eat less, burn more and eat healthier 'cause we've got a family history of those things !

I know hes right but I keep putting it off because the Salad diets I tried (they lowered by BP back to normal levels) left my mouth feeling so bland that I couldn't go on.

One of these days....I'm going to start on that diet again.

Ni its because you do isolation exercises at the gym - They are not only wasteful...they're actually harmful !

I'd bet dollars to donuts that you're abs would start showing by the time you complete your Smolov's Squat Routine without a single moment of cardio in between !

Ive actually started cutting down on lifts recently. Right now i've just been doing 1.5 hours of cardio (1 hour elipticals, 30 minutes swimming). Every other day i switch it doing 1 hour cardio (swimming) and 30 minutes core exercises (planks, ab crunches, backs, and gluts). Its a healthy balance bro --- i notice that cardio is so good for me it literally helped to define my legs and most of all, my metabolism is up. I can also last long now in the cardio.

So my Dad - being a Doctor himself - is usually scolding me too eat less, burn more and eat healthier 'cause we've got a family history of those things !

I know hes right but I keep putting it off because the Salad diets I tried (they lowered by BP back to normal levels) left my mouth feeling so bland that I couldn't go on.

You can do it man. Believe in yourself...i know you can do it!

Ive actually started cutting down on lifts recently. Right now i've just been doing 1.5 hours of cardio (1 hour elipticals, 30 minutes swimming). Every other day i switch it doing 1 hour cardio (swimming) and 30 minutes core exercises (planks, ab crunches, backs, and gluts). Its a healthy balance bro --- i notice that cardio is so good for me it literally helped to define my legs and most of all, my metabolism is up. I can also last long now in the cardio.

Dude if you do Power Cleans, Squats, Bench Presses and Deadlifts with proper form - Not only would you built an obscene amount of FUNCTIONAL strength, not get bloated up in the process like most of these body builders and would get definition in your abdominals (the abs gets used to balance the weight in each of those exercises....more weight = more work done by the abs) but would also be done with your workouts much....much...much sooner !

I can understand lol.

hey doc.. 2 years back i had a little accident.. fell off a bike.. and still my freakin elbow hurts.. any advice?
get an xray done and then visit a doc

if movement at elbow joint is not a problem and xray comes clean , then tendon ligaments might be hurting

.. my joints/tendons hurt after a heavy session and triflex is what i take

this guy is my role model -- NO HOMO :lol:

vin-diesel-shirtless-body.jpg

get an xray done and then visit a doc

if movement at elbow joint is not a problem and xray comes clean , then tendon ligaments might be hurting

.. my joints/tendons hurt after a heavy session and triflex is what i take

movement isnt a problem... but sometimes when i put my elbow at a hard surface .. and boom... i lift my it .. and it goes away..

never taken any pain killers never will.. but i just want a final cure for this pain.. its more annoying than its painful.

Back
Top Bottom