What's new

The Greatest Generals of World

That's why I suggest a categorization system and one who will be in more than one category will be greater than other greats. Western or any nationalist would like to make someone great when he is just above average.
so many names; after all it is entire human history.

Maybe after dinner?

1) In Reality
2) The Way of Humanity
3) kind for minorities and non Muslims
4) Decision making by the suggestion of warriors
5) Strategy Maker
6) Pioneer in "Attrition warfare" by doing initiative in Diging War (GAZWA KHANDAK)
ets

The Muhammad (saw).
Although I hate it, I have to answer this:
please do not compare any prophet with any other human being.You cannot compare prophets with ordinary human beings. They simply defy human limits. We are not talking about divine Prophets (s.a.w) but rather low level human beings called generals

That's why I suggest a categorization system and one who will be in more than one category will be greater than other greats. Western or any nationalist would like to make someone great when he is just above average.
so many names; after all it is entire human history.

To be honest, any method of categorization we use is bound to have some flaws. After all, most of us here aren't experts on this subject so there is a possibility our facts could be wrong or we may overlook certain aspects of history. I doubt most people here have ever experienced war either. Nationalistic people are bound to be affected by nationalistic sentiments, it's simply a part of human nature. I recall reading arguments making arguments for & against Alexander & Cyrus the great, & those arguments were filled with nationalistic sentiments. In any case, I look forward to reading other members' views or categorizations of the greatest generals or rulers.

I invite nominations for the greatest rulers of the world, emperors, kings, princes, republican leaders, between the oldest known times and 500 AD, in these five areas:

1. Europe;
2. Africa, including Egypt;
3. West Asia;
4. Central Asia;
5. South Asia, up to 800 AD;
6. East Asia.

Not more than 10 per item.

I invite nominations for the greatest rulers of the world, emperors, kings, princes, republican leaders, between the oldest known times and 500 AD, in these five areas:

1. Europe;
3. West Asia;
4. Central Asia;
6. East Asia.

My nominees for Europe

Alexander
Julius Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Attila
Alaric 1

My history knowledge about East Asia is weak - So I am nominating only one

Zhao Zheng - founder of Qin dynasty - the beginning of the Chinese empire which ended in 1912 - lord of terracotta warriors of Xian

My Nominees for South Asia

Chandragupta Maurya
Ashoka
Chandragupta Vikramaditya
Samudragupta
Chandragupta 1
Kaniska
Karikala - for building a dam which is used even after 2000 years (also legend has it he defeated Magadhas)

Africa -

I could think about only one Pharaoh - Tutankhamun
Maybe Hannibal though he is not a ruler

1. Europe;
3. West Asia;
4. Central Asia;
6. East Asia.

Please note that the list is not in any specific order. I might update it later on, suggest new entries or even modify current entries. This list does not take in to consideration any time period.

Europe

- Alexander the Great
- Constantine the Great
- Julius Caesar
- Augustus Caesar
- King Odysseus
- Queen Elizabeth the first of England
- Saint Joan of Arc
- Emperor Hadrian
- Emperor Marcus Aurelius
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Africa

- Hannibal
- Queen Dido
- Cleopatra VII

West Asia

- Khalid bin Waleed
- Saladin
- Cyrus the Great
- King Nebuchadnezzar II
- Umar bin al-Khattab
- Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz (Umayyad Caliph)
- Suleiman the Magnificent
- King Solomon of ancient Israel

South Asia

- Ashoka the Great
- King Porus
- Shah Jehan
- Emperor Aurangzeb

East Asia

- Genghis Khan

Please note that the list is not in any specific order. I might update it later on, suggest new entries or even modify current entries.

Europe

- Alexander the Great
- Constantine the Great
- Julius Caesar
- Augustus Caesar
- King Odysseus
- Queen Elizabeth the first of England
- Saint Joan of Arc
- Emperor Hadrian
- Emperor Marcus Aurelius
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Africa

- Hannibal
- Queen Dido
- Cleopatra VII

West Asia

- Khalid bin Waleed
- Saladin
- Cyrus the Great
- King Nebuchadnezzar II
- Umar bin al-Khattab
- Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz (Umayyad Caliph)
- Suleiman the Magnificent
- King Solomon of ancient Israel

South Asia

- Ashoka the Great
- King Porus

East Asia

- Genghis Khan

Joe sir specified before 500 AD and that is the reason I skipped all the Muslim rulers and Napolean and some others.

Joe sir specified before 500 AD and that is the reason I skipped all the Muslim rulers and Napolean and some others.

I know that, I am simply compiling a general list at the moment. I have modified my post #266 to include that my list does not take in to consideration any time period, I forgot to mention that earlier. I have also added 2 more rulers for South Asia.

I know that, I am simply compiling a general list at the moment. I have modified my post #266 to include that my list does not take in to consideration any time period, I forgot to mention that earlier. I have also added 2 more rulers for South Asia.

We can segregate your list, no worries.

1.Bonaparte
2.khalid/hannibal
3.Alexander
4.Subutai/caesar.

Back
Top Bottom