What's new

The fight against ISIS terrorism

Not a good start of year . May Allah forgive their sins .
Death is reality no one can escape .

I realised my start of year wasn't also good , same with many other people .

3 indians also died .
Brother , excuse me? how Allah can forgive these felony?

He probably fired these bullets before in real clash zones. He had no hesitation in shooting at innocent people. He is absolutely a killer and he most probably shot at humans before,” Ağar added.
Fully agreed to this statement. In war zones these work horses operate with covered face but in this case he obviously was with uncovered face.
Attacker looks like northern allaince type from Afghanistan.

http://aa.com.tr/en/turkey/victims-of-istanbul-terror-attack-identified/718436
thumbs_b_c_33c89f7c31f2e729c82c8ac8ef68bc46.jpg

Thirty-eight victims of the Istanbul nightclub attack have been identified, Turkish justice ministry sources said late on Sunday.

At least 39 people, including a police officer, died after an attacker opened fire on partygoers at Reina nightclub in the city’s Ortakoy district in the early hours of New Year’s Day.

Sixty-nine people were also hurt, with a number of foreigners among the dead and injured.

Eleven of the dead were Turkish nationals and one was a Turkish-Belgium dual-national, said ministry sources who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media.

Seven victims were from Saudi Arabia and had travelled to Istanbul to attend New Year’s celebrations.

Three of the dead were from Lebanon and Iraq each.

Two nationals from Tunisia, India, Morocco and Jordan also died, sources said.

Kuwait, Canada, Israel, Syria and Russia each lost one citizen in the attack.

One victim remains unidentified.

Turkish officials have not yet released the names of those identified.

*Reporting by Mehmet Tosun and Kemal Karadag; Writing by Ayse Humeyra Atilgan

http://aa.com.tr/en/todays-headlines/police-carry-out-arrests-over-istanbul-nightclub-attack/718872

Police in Istanbul arrested eight suspects on Monday in connection with the nightclub attack that killed 39 people, a security official said.

The gun attack at the Reina club in the city’s Ortakoy district early Sunday left a further 69 wounded.

The suspects were arrested by anti-terror police from Istanbul, the official said on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media.

The gunman, who was not among those arrested, killed a police officer and civilian outside the venue on the European shore of the Bosphorus before entering and opening fire on New Year’s Eve revelers.

At least 27 of the fatalities were foreigners and 11 were Turkish nationals. A further victim is yet to be identified, according to a Justice Ministry official.

Meanwhile, investigators released a fresh image on the attacker. The image from a security camera showed a slim young man wearing a dark jacket apparently standing at a shop counter.

thumbs_b_c_0b5b5a455cf32fa7dbfbe19e944d2b05.jpg

William Jacop Rakk speaks to press during being accompanied by hotel staff of which he was staying, to his plane back to U.S. on January 2, 2017 at Ataturk International Airport in Istanbul, Turkey. William Jacop Rakk is an US citizen who was wounded during a terrorist attack at a nightclub in Ortakoy district of Besiktas in Istanbul. (Islam Yakut - Anadolu Agency)

At least 39 people, including a police officer and a number of foreigners, died after an attacker opened fire on party-goers at a nightclub in the city’s Ortakoy district in the early hours of New Year’s Day.

Speaking to reporters at Istanbul’s Ataturk International Airport on Monday ahead of his flight to the U.S., William Jacob Rakk said he was with nine friends in the nightclub at the time of the attack.

He said he wants to visit Turkey again and wished a speedy recovery for those who injured in the attack.

Rakk also praised Turkey as a very beautiful country with good people.

n_108033_1.jpg

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/re...rts-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=108033&NewsCatID=509

“He probably fired these bullets before in real clash zones. He had no hesitation in shooting at innocent people. He is absolutely a killer and he most probably shot at humans before,” Ağar added.

Police have released the first footage of the Reina attacker, who killed 39 people and wounded 65 others, with initial police reports suggesting he may be from Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan. Officials are also investigating the possibility that the attacker may be from Xinjiang in eastern China and aged around 25, according to a report in daily Habertürk.
Xingjiang is in western China, next door to Pakistan and Afganistan.

Fully agreed to this statement. In war zones these work horses operate with covered face but in this case he obviously was with uncovered face.
East Turkestan is a terrorist group. Many Turkic Muslim from the middle Asia and China allowed to stay in Turkey. That's a huge problem,cause the FETO or TSK can esasily use them as a tool to overthrow the secular government. Definitely a blast is a way to show their power. The recent military action in Iraq by Turkey army is more to do with dealing PKK, Turkey government is in no mood to mess up with ISIS. But ISIS is very unhappy about Turkey get close with Russia, will ISIS leave turkey alone?

The situation in Turkey now is highly complicated, Erdogan need to adopt iron fist and stop ambiguity. The atitude of China toward East Turkestan and ISIS is loud and clear, they are extreme dangerous terrorists. We don't care who they are, they will be hunted down as long as they entered into China territory.

Last edited:
Maybe they were more than one shooter, another video shows a man with a covered head! this will justify the number of innocent people killed and injured..

Northen alliance type? Wth is that supposed to mean? You make me laugh
@Kuwaiti Girl

Last edited:
ISIS wanted to drag the Turkish military into Syria, and it succeeded.

ISIS's goal is to gain sympathy from the Sunni Arab masses and show them that everyone in the world is against them. This is the only way groups such as ISIS can remain relevant.

Turkey shouldn't have gone into Syria.

His family has been seized by police in Konya province. I sometimes wanna see his wife and kids been burnt alive in front of people and let this bastard watch it. Then let's see how long this rat gonna hide in sewers.

Aysegul basar wasn't calling for secularism but calling people terrorising in the streets. Do you know Turkish language? I have shared her provocation video here a few pages back. They were trying to set people up for a civil war. They are obviously pkk supporters who hiding behind of secularism, democracy, human rights, peace and brotherhood blah blah. Especially these two words "peace and brotherhood" are lifting the masks up that they were wearing.

But you know what? None gave a fck 'em while they were speaking. The folks in the teahouse were acting like they were not there lol.

This is great sample how hostile media works against Turkiye.

Last edited:
Uyghers are benevolent and good people. But the implantation from ISIS and Jihadists are too powerful!!!!!!!!!!! I travelled to XingJiang, I like Uyghers(food/barbecue isthe best in the world I say! , culture, buidling).They are our brothers and sisters!! Why i don't like the words Uygher terrorists and I only use XingJiang terrorists? Cause 99.99% people of Uyghers are good people. Those fight with you at Al Bab is terrorists, that's nothing to do with Islam and Uyghers! We Chinese will keep protect Uyghur from Terrorists group influence.

I never believe USA will plot to overthrow Turkey government(especially turkey is their ally and NATO member), now I start to believe. Seeing is believing. I hope Turkey can understand China, and we will understand you too.

All turkey members are very welcomed to XingJiang to see your distant relatives. Seeing is believing!

Are you sincere ? I discussed you Chinese on this issue very much, banned countless times...and i was only saying "It's not Uyghur Terrorists, it is ETIM terrorists. Don't blame an entire nation because of terrorists."

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia/stand-turkey-terror-king/

Riyadh — Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman has sent a cable of condolences to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan following the armed attack in Istanbul which resulted in deaths of 39 people and dozens of injuries.

The King said, “We have received with deep sorrow the news of the armed attack in Istanbul which resulted in deaths and injuries.

“We strongly condemn this cowardly terrorist act and stress that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will stand with the Republic of Turkey and its people against anyone who tries to undermine its security and stability.

“We, in my name and on behalf of the government and the people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, offer our condolences to Your Excellency, the brotherly people of the Republic of Turkey and the families of the victims, and wish the injured a speedy recovery.”

Similar cables of condolences were sent by Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Naif, deputy premier and minister of interior, and Deputy Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman, second deputy premier and minister of defense.

Five of the dead were from Saudi Arabia.

The shooting at the Reina nightclub on the shores of Istanbul’s Bosphorus waterway shook Turkey as it tries to recover from a failed July coup and a series of deadly bombings in cities including Istanbul and the capital Ankara.

Some people jumped into the Bosphorus to save themselves after the attacker began shooting at random just over an hour into the new year. Witnesses described diving under tables as he walked around spraying bullets from an automatic rifle.

Nationals of Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Lebanon, Libya, Israel, India, a Turkish-Belgian dual citizen and a Franco-Tunisian woman were among those killed, officials said.

Arriving by taxi, the gunman produced a weapon, reportedly a Kalashnikov, and shot dead a policeman and civilian at the entrance.

According to the Hurriyet daily, the gunman then fired off four magazines containing a total of 120 bullets around the club, as terrified guests flung themselves into the freezing waters of the Bosphorus in panic.

But after changing clothes, the gunman left the nightclub in the ensuing chaos and has managed to evade security forces.

Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said Sunday that intense efforts were under way to find the gunman, and expressed hope that he would be captured soon.

Turkish police, meanwhile, detained eight people in connection to the attack but were still hunting for the gunman who disappeared amid the chaos of the attack.

Turkey’s state-run Anadolu Agency said eight people were taken into custody by Istanbul anti-terrorism squads and they are being questioned at Istanbul’s main police headquarters. It did not provide further information on the suspects.

Late on Sunday, police rushed to Istanbul’s Kurucesme district after a tip-off but the operation did not produce any arrest.

“The danger continues,” wrote columnist Abdulkadir Selvi in Hurriyet.
“So long as this terrorist is not seized we do not know when and where a massacre could take place.”

Hurriyet said investigators believe the attacker may be from the Central Asian states of Kyrgyzstan or Uzbekistan.

Investigators also consider it possible that the attacker is linked to the same cell that in June carried out a triple suicide bombing and gun attack at Istanbul’s Ataturk airport that left 47 people dead, the paper added.

http://aa.com.tr/en/todays-headlines/police-arrest-6-more-over-istanbul-nightclub-attack/719404

Police in Istanbul arrested a further six suspects on Tuesday in connection with the New Year’s Eve nightclub attack that killed 39 people, a security official said.

On Monday, eight people were arrested by anti-terror police from Istanbul. These suspects are currently testifying, the official said on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media.

It was unclear who the 14 suspects were but they did not include the lone gunman who carried out the attack at the Reina nightclub in the city’s Ortakoy district early Sunday.

Authorities have released security camera images of the alleged killer, who shot dead a police officer and civilian outside the venue on the European shore of the Bosporus before entering and opening fire on revelers.

n_108087_1.jpg

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militant who attacked Istanbul’s Reina nightclub arrived in Syria from Turkey, according to newly emerged details regarding the attack.

The date when he arrived in Turkey is unknown, but he was in the Central Anatolian province of Konya on Nov. 22, 2016, before heading to Istanbul to carry out the attack on Reina, which claimed the lives of 39 people.

According to the investigation, the attacker arrived in Konya with his wife and two children and hired a house there. His family members, whose identities remain hidden, have been detained by police.

“I learned about the attack from the TV. I didn’t know that my husband was an ISIL militant, let alone a sympathizer,” his wife reportedly said in her testimony.

Back
Top Bottom