What's new

The Fake Sheikh vs George Galloway

compak

Reaction score

George Galloway said today he would put up "wanted" posters of the News of the World's "fake sheikh" undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood around the House of Commons next week after he was the target of an attempted sting by the tabloid.

The Respect MP yesterday blew the lid on Mahmood's attempted sting operation, claiming the reporter attempted to get him to make anti-semitic remarks and implicate him in illegal party financing at a dinner at the Dorchester hotel in London on Saturday.

"I'm going to publish 'wanted' posters next week and I am going to circulate them widely so that no one ever falls for this man again," Mr Galloway said. "He's an agent provocateur and a disgrace to journalism."

Mr Galloway, the MP for Bethnal Green and Bow in east London, said he would distribute images of the reporter known as the "fake sheikh" to all MPs and post them on his website, georgegalloway.com, and on the Respect party website, respectcoalition.org

He has written to the Metropolitan police commissioner, Sir Ian Blair, and the speaker of the House of Commons with details of the hotel meeting and posted his version of events on the Guardian blog website, commentisfree

Mr Galloway said if his complaint to police was unsuccessful he would take out a personal criminal prosecution alleging Mahmood used a passport in the false name of Pervaiz Khan.

"This man does not investigate nefarious activities, he's instigating nefarious activities. He picked on the wrong man when he picked on me," he said.

The News of the World responded by asking newspapers not to publish images of its reporter.

In a memo to editors, the paper said: "We would be grateful if you would refrain from publishing or transmitting a photograph of our reporter Mazher Mahmood.

"As you will know, Mahmood works undercover. He is responsible for the conviction of more than 130 criminals. Both Mahmood and his family are the subject of death threats which police regard as serious and credible. Thank you."

The paper said it had carried out "wholly legitimate inquiries" into the activities of a number of individuals, including Mr Galloway, in relation to the loans-for-honours and party funding scandal and would publish the results of its investigation at the weekend.

----------------------------------------------------
Sorry mods I'm not sure where to put this thread, please move if I posted in wrong Forum.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
News of the world jurnos are azz holes they set people up to sell there fcuked up paper..!!

Back
Top Bottom