What's new

The Debt we owe the Army & PAF

My criticism of the PA arises from its illegal hold on power. Engaging in a peace process with India can be facilitated if the Army stays within its constitutionally defined limits, which it does not, hence the the criticism.

But your own argument is logically inconsistent. You wrote:

Pakistan has more to lose if the status quo remains, and also more to gain if it is resolved.

Why should India engage in a process which will bring more benefit to Pakistan than to itself?

Why should India change a status quo which is bringing more harm to Pakistan than to itself?

But your own argument is logically inconsistent. You wrote:

Why should India engage in a process which will bring more benefit to Pakistan than to itself?

Why should India change a status quo which is bringing more harm to Pakistan than to itself?

It is entirely consistent. Your own questions indicate that Pakistan should be the party doing more to resolve the situation since it would gain more from the resolution than the status quo. It can take steps that India would be forced to respond to in a positive manner, but that would also mean letting go of the historical baggage.

Your own questions indicate that Pakistan should be the party doing more to resolve the situation since it would gain more from the resolution than the status quo.

I am not stating that at all. You are.

Those sentences in my last post are a direct consequence of YOUR statement, which I quoted.

Hence, my question: why should India do anything which, according to YOU, will benefit Pakistan more than it does India?

Your own questions indicate that Pakistan should be the party doing more to resolve the situation since it would gain more from the resolution than the status quo.
How does Pakistan "gain more" from changing the status quo? Trade? As discussed before, the current road-map for increased trade between India and Pakistan will skew the benefits towards India, with a handful of industrialists/traders in Pakistan becoming enormously wealthy.

There is no significant incentive for Pakistan to "change the status quo" with respect to India, unless of course you want to argue that India is supporting the TTP and Baloch terrorists groups currently and will stop doing so if the "status quo changes".

What "new" Army is this? This is the same old Army trying to put on new makeup. What admiration does it deserve for half-heartedly trying to solve the problems that it created in the first place?
Successful attempt of sending a good thread down the drain, yet again!

And of course, as usual, he dodges all attempts to get him to explain his views.
His twisted views are known to everybody, and his habit of avoiding explanation to those twisted views is also not a secret. Fault is not his per se, but of those who waste their time, internet band width, and valuable space on this forum in a futile exercise of getting him to explain the crap he vomits.

I am not stating that at all. You are.

Those sentences in my last post are a direct consequence of YOUR statement, which I quoted.

Hence, my question: why should India do anything which, according to YOU, will benefit Pakistan more than it does India?

Let me rephrase your question: Why should not Pakistan take the leading role in resolving the impasse since it stands to gain more from the resolution?

His twisted views are known to everybody, and his habit of avoiding explanation to those twisted views is also not a secret. Fault is not his per se, but of those who waste their time, internet band width, and valuable space on this forum in a futile exercise of getting him to explain the crap he vomits.

@Horus Doesn't PDF have some sort of rule about responding to the content of the posts without personal attacks against the poster? :D

@Horus Doesn't PDF have some sort of rule about responding to the content of the posts without personal attacks against the poster? :D
@Horus Doesn't PDF have some sort of rule about those who habitually spew poison against Pakistan's military? Who find all sorts of errors in Pakistan but elect to ignore the same in countries for instance USA and India?

@Horus Doesn't PDF have some sort of rule about those who habitually spew poison against Pakistan's military? Who find all sorts of errors in Pakistan but elect to ignore the same in countries for instance USA and India?

Calling out any illegal acts of the military is not "spewing poison", but factual and correct.

Because India stands to gain too. It does not matter whether India gains "more" than Pakistan or not. We are a developing country, any policy which leads to more development will be pursued. A pdf member said something like Ayub khan was going to change Pakistan's policy wrt India. Is that true?

"Only and only India can make peace"? That statement alone shows who is lacking lack of experience and knowledge. The status quo clearly favors India in the long run while Pakistan drowns in self-pity. Your second paragraph is totally opposite to reality.

Hi,

When you are work today---go an pi-ss of your CEO real bad---and then see if you have the ability to make peace or does he.

Hi,

When you are work today---go an pi-ss of your CEO real bad---and then see if you have the ability to make peace or does he.

How does that analogy apply to India and Pakistan, Sir?

I respect views not the number of days one has been here. If a seven year old member puts all the blame on the army, I have a problem with it. But still i think I did go a bit too for in the heat of the moment, therefore I apologize.

Sir,

Thank you for your consideration---. We agree to disagree. At times it is good to see old bulls butting heads---:welcome:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom