What's new

The boy who ‘molested’ the girl rescued by Atif Aslam comes forward, reveals he is the actual victim

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
640x425xatif-aslam-mob.jpg.pagespeed.ic.us-tChiCib.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit

People have celebrated Atif Aslam’s act of rescuing a girl from ‘molestation’ at a recent concert held in Karachi. This event has been a subject of articles in newspapers both local and international, however a shocking new story has emerged as the unknown boy who was the center of the controversy and the subject of the whole world’s collective disgust has come forward with his own version of the events.

According to this unknown ‘villain’, he is the actual victim here. Talking to Daily Pakistan on condition of anonymity the boy, a student of IBA, stated that he was one of the people entrusted with ensuring security at the event. “My job was to ensure that nobody crosses over from the non-VIP section to the VIP section without a valid ticket.” (Daily Pakistan has also verified his story and confirmed that he was indeed a part of the security team at the concert)

“I saw two girls accompanied by a guy crossing over from the non-VIP section and forcing their way to the front row. I confronted these people and politely asked them to either show their VIP pass or go back to their own section, which they refused. That is when these girls started getting violent. They started scratching at my neck and face with their long nails, they slapped me on the face, punched me and incited a whole mob against me.”

“It was exactly at this point when these girls were scratching at my face violently and the boy who accompanied them was punching my face and kicking me, Atif Aslam saw us.”

“Instead of trying to understand the real story, Atif Aslam blamed me, the actual victim. Nobody listens to men in our society especially when a woman has said anything against him – it doesn’t matter true or false. When Atif Aslam said ‘rescue these girls,’ everyone thought I was molesting them and a huge mob started beating me up for no reason. I have never been beaten so badly in my entire life, and that too for just doing my job.”

“Those girls were not the victims, they were vicious, violent and rude. Because of them I have scars on my face and neck that will stay with me forever. I was traumatized and everyone has refused to listen to me or understand my side of the story.”

It has been a couple of weeks since the event, but as he spoke this his bruises and scars were still visible. What was not visible was the emotional scars of being unjustly beaten up and called a ‘molester’ and a ‘rapist’, but those are the ones that will stay with him forever.

Note: People have been messaging us asking “Why didn’t he come forward earlier to the media with this story?” The response is that according to university (IBA) policies, an investigation about the matter has already been underway. The person quoted in the story above has already clarified his stance to university authorities, who did not decide to go public with the matter and have not given any public statement since.

Edit: While we have reported on the mismanagement of the concert and that a lot of girls were actually harassed at the event, it is also important that we also take the boy’s story into consideration. This boy was singled out, abused and beaten because his act of pushing away people from the stage was considered as sexual harassment without any further proof. The fact that he was one of the organizers lends a lot of credibility to his story that must not be ignored. All other media outlets completely ignored to reach out to this boy which goes against the basics of journalism.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/vir...omes-forward-reveals-he-is-the-actual-victim/

@Devil Soul @Zibago

“I saw two girls accompanied by a guy crossing over from the non-VIP section and forcing their way to the front row. I confronted these people and politely asked them to either show their VIP pass or go back to their own section, which they refused. That is when these girls started getting violent. They started scratching at my neck and face with their long nails, they slapped me on the face, punched me and incited a whole mob against me.”

And Atif had to make a scene out of it before knowing full story, typical. Looks like guy was just doing his job.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't he as a security personal be having any identification visible to all public?

If that was the case where was his security uniform and badge?

All security personal must be wearing those stuff, it's common protocol...so he himself is to be blamed.

I believe the boy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't he as a security personal be having any identification visible to all public?

All security personal must be wearing those stuff, it's common protocol...so he himself is to be blamed.
Who says he didnt have a uniform or badge?
A mob doesnt care if you have a uniform or a badge.

But if the guy was security guard then I hope Atif come forward to apologise.

He was college volunteer not working for some security agency that he would be wearing the uniform

Man, if this story turns out to be true I would have sued the whole place.

He was college volunteer not working for some security agency that he would be wearing the uniform

Even volunteers have some identification.

I believe the boy.

Who says he didnt have a uniform or badge?
A mob doesnt care if you have a uniform or a badge.

But I think Atif would've cared, also the other security personals would've get involved if they see someone being violent with one of the security guard.

-The story teaches us that taking things on face value without completely investigating the truth can have some serious ramifications. I mean I've heard some stories that circulate in localities about women who request a lift from men in cars and then threaten to scream and shout rape, if these guys don't give up their cash, mobile and other valuables.

-Secondly, intervening and stopping abuse is one thing which I do support given a specific situation. However, a mob beating the living hell out of a person based on an accusation, or a simple case of misinterpretation can have dire consequences. In the west you have many reports of women falsifying domestic violence, even falsely claiming that someone raped them.A year ago, I saw a report by times of India which cited some study, claiming that almost 50% of the reported rape cases are false claims in India. The fact is women have such unmitigated power where a word out of her mouth can destroy a person's life simply because of his gender.

-While many mocked and continue to mock the idea of a bill that protects men, I think it is now more clear that a bill like that might be needed. Just look up incidents in the last few months from, women cutting off her husbands legs, to a woman allegedly hiring hit-men to teach her husband a lesson because she suspected him of cheating on her, and now this. The first logical step is to severely penalize false accusations ... and if someone is wrongfully imprisoned or otherwise harmed due to some false accusation, they should face severe consequences, because not only did they try to unjustly hurt that one person, but they also used the state and it's resources in their vendetta to do so.

@SMC @Moonlight @Spring Onion ... Your opinions on the matter would be appreciated.

640x425xatif-aslam-mob.jpg.pagespeed.ic.us-tChiCib.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit

People have celebrated Atif Aslam’s act of rescuing a girl from ‘molestation’ at a recent concert held in Karachi. This event has been a subject of articles in newspapers both local and international, however a shocking new story has emerged as the unknown boy who was the center of the controversy and the subject of the whole world’s collective disgust has come forward with his own version of the events.

According to this unknown ‘villain’, he is the actual victim here. Talking to Daily Pakistan on condition of anonymity the boy, a student of IBA, stated that he was one of the people entrusted with ensuring security at the event. “My job was to ensure that nobody crosses over from the non-VIP section to the VIP section without a valid ticket.” (Daily Pakistan has also verified his story and confirmed that he was indeed a part of the security team at the concert)

“It was exactly at this point when these girls were scratching at my face violently and the boy who accompanied them was punching my face and kicking me, Atif Aslam saw us.”

“Instead of trying to understand the real story, Atif Aslam blamed me, the actual victim. Nobody listens to men in our society especially when a woman has said anything against him – it doesn’t matter true or false. When Atif Aslam said ‘rescue these girls,’ everyone thought I was molesting them and a huge mob started beating me up for no reason. I have never been beaten so badly in my entire life, and that too for just doing my job.”

“Those girls were not the victims, they were vicious, violent and rude. Because of them I have scars on my face and neck that will stay with me forever. I was traumatized and everyone has refused to listen to me or understand my side of the story.”

It has been a couple of weeks since the event, but as he spoke this his bruises and scars were still visible. What was not visible was the emotional scars of being unjustly beaten up and called a ‘molester’ and a ‘rapist’, but those are the ones that will stay with him forever.

Note: People have been messaging us asking “Why didn’t he come forward earlier to the media with this story?” The response is that according to university (IBA) policies, an investigation about the matter has already been underway. The person quoted in the story above has already clarified his stance to university authorities, who did not decide to go public with the matter and have not given any public statement since.

Edit: While we have reported on the mismanagement of the concert and that a lot of girls were actually harassed at the event, it is also important that we also take the boy’s story into consideration. This boy was singled out, abused and beaten because his act of pushing away people from the stage was considered as sexual harassment without any further proof. The fact that he was one of the organizers lends a lot of credibility to his story that must not be ignored. All other media outlets completely ignored to reach out to this boy which goes against the basics of journalism.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/vir...omes-forward-reveals-he-is-the-actual-victim/

@Devil Soul @Zibago

If true then it's very sad. The best solution is to have separate area for girls and guys with a strict barrier in between during such concerts. It's as simple as that.

But so called "liberals" wouldn't want that solution because it's Islamic and they hate everything that is remotely related Islam.

The best solution is to have separate area for girls and guys with a strict barrier in between during such concerts. It's as simple as that.

But so called "liberals" wouldn't want that solution because it's Islamic and they hate everything that is remotely related Islam.

If gender segregation is essentially Islamic, then why there are no such barriers in between men and women, or separate areas for them in Masjid al-Haram/Kaaba; the Islam's holiest site ??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom