What's new

The big Middle East Football - thread

Im fine with Esteghlal and Tractor bowing out of the competition.
It means they are freed up and available for national team duty, so they can prepare for the World Cup in Brazil.
The grand football event that actually matters most to Iranian fans

The team went to South Africa for a training camp two days ago but only 11 players (out of 27 invited) went!
The rest of SS and Foolad players will now accompany the national team in South Africa. :)

I see that soccer is quite popular here on this forum. Maybe some of the readers would be surprised about what I'm going to type here since I never joined the discussions about soccer here.

When I was 11 I was chosen for a professional soccer club here in Netherlands. I was a forward player. This is the age when talented players are chosen here in Netherlands (between 10-15 years old). However I couldn't join that club since I had no Dutch ID and my Dutch was terrible in that time, because i was recently in Netherlands. So that chance that you get 1 time in lifetime past for me.

Now hear this, I also played man-to-man (1 against 1) against a forward player of the current Iranian national team. That guy will play in coming world cup event in Brazil.

In that time I was 22 and he was about 20,5 years old. When playing against him he had already about 7 years professional and intensive training (physical, condition, soccer etc). Meanwhile I played on streets and sometimes amateur clubs without professional training.

However when I played against him man to man I played the ball 2 to 3 times between his legs (la-payi in Persian) I played as good as him. He told me "these are old tricks'... I don't want to name him here.

He could offer me to get introduced to a professional soccer club since he was playing in a professional soccer team in that time and he had the connections. But of course it was not his responsibility or duty to do that.

I wish him good world cup and hope he scores for Iran.

@ResurgentIran @al-Hasani @Arabian Legend
@haman10 @doritos
@SinaG
@S00R3NA

Last edited:
I see that soccer is quite popular here on this forum. Maybe some of the readers would be surprised about what I'm going to type here since I never joined the discussions about soccer here.

When I was 11 I was chosen for a professional soccer club here in Netherlands. I was a forward player. This is the age when talented players are chosen here in Netherlands (between 10-15 years old). However I couldn't join that club since I had no Dutch ID and my Dutch was terrible in that time, because i was recently in Netherlands. So that chance that you get 1 time in lifetime past for me.

Now hear this, I also played man-to-man (1 against 1) against a forward player of the current Iranian national team. That guy will play in coming world cup event in Brazil. I don't want to name him here.

In that time I was 22 and he was about 20,5 years old. When playing against him he had already about 7 years professional and intensive training (physical, condition, soccer etc). Meanwhile I played on streets and sometimes amateur clubs without professional training.

However when I played against him man to man I played the ball 2 to 3 times between his legs (la-payi in Persian) I played as good as him. He told me "these are old tricks'... I don't want to name him here.

While seeing how good I played against him, he didn't offer me to get introduced to a professional soccer club since he was playing in a professional soccer team in that time and he had the connections. However personalities and characters of people differ and it was not his responsibility or duty to help me.

@haman10 @doritos
@SinaG
@S00R3NA

Im guessing it was Reza Ghoochannejad?

Im guessing it was Reza Ghoochannejad?
Well guessed :enjoy:

By the way during the match that I was chosen for prof. soccer club I made 2 goals which were the same, each goal i dribbled about 7 players including the keeper and I started dribbling from own field. I remember we won 3-2. I just came from Iran, so I was a master in dribbling because I played in streets with small goals (gol koochik/gol fani) from when I was 4/5 years old. Good memories. Those street soccer games in Iran produce people like Ali Karimi.

Last edited:

Now hear this, I also played man-to-man (1 against 1) against a forward player of the current Iranian national team. That guy will play in coming world cup event in Brazil.

He could offer me to get introduced to a professional soccer club since he was playing in a professional soccer team in that time and he had the connections. But of course it was not his responsibility or duty to do that.

@haman10 @doritos
@SinaG
@S00R3NA

I liked football when I was younger but got disappointed of that .

My favorite sports is Wrestling in which Iran rocks like hell .:yay:

Well guessed :enjoy:

By the way during the match that I was chosen for prof. soccer club I made 2 goals which were the same, each goal i dribbled about 7 players including the keeper and I started dribbling from own field. I remember we won 3-2. I just came from Iran, so I was a master in dribbling because I played in streets with small goals (gol koochik/gol fani) from when I was 4/5 years old. Good memories. Those street soccer games in Iran produce people like Ali Karimi.
get your A$$ back here and play for your national team goddamit :P

do you remember your old tricks ? are u still in good shape ?

get your A$$ back here and play for your national team goddamit :P

do you remember your old tricks ? are u still in good shape ?
Yes ofcourse I've still the shape dear Haman10, and tricks still in my legs and mind. I run 3 times a week each time 5 km and do physical training beside that. Seriously I could play for an Iranian prof club (first division/daste yek), but not for national team because that goes too far, these people already trained their whole life in prof clubs.
I never had the connections, and was stupid that I never actively searched for connections, bikhial. Connections and luck are important in such cases as I. If someone needs a fast right front forward attacker contact me :enjoy:

Last edited:
Yes ofcourse I've still the shape dear Haman10, and tricks still in my legs and mind. I run 3 times a week each time 5 km and do physical training beside that. Seriously I could play for an Iranian prof club (first division/daste yek), but not for national team because that goes too far, these people already trained their whole life in prof clubs.
I never had the connections, and was stupid that I never actively searched for connections, bikhial. Connections and luck are important in such cases as I. If someone needs a fast right front forward attacker contact me :enjoy:
dear , i know team melli is a big issue . but if you're in shape and you can help , its your duty as an iranian to at least try to help .

why dont you contact Carlos Queiroz ?

i'm sure that you have at least these kind of connections , dont u ?

dear , i know team melli is a big issue . but if you're in shape and you can help , its your duty as an iranian to at least try to help .

why dont you contact Carlos Queiroz ?

i'm sure that you have at least these kind of connections , dont u ?
come on haman10 are u joking :lol:? ... maybe I should call Sepp Blatter to tell him my experience. No seriously last week I got 29 years old. A soccer player plays till max 34/35 years old (ali karimi best player of asia is 36 plays for tractorsazi if I'm not wrong), then they quit.

Rolling in prof club at my age is 100% impossible, except maybe daste 2/3, ya teamhaye akhare daste 1 with really strong connections (only when marrying club owners daughter and convincing him :lol:) which seems totally not realistic, or maybe in competition of Tajikistan, afghanistan or something. :lol: bikhial ,connection peyda kon, man badesh miam, ye ghesmate hooghooghamam baraye to haman:partay:

29 years old
yeah , you're right , i didnt know that .its very hard to get to team melli with that age .

although i dont understand why 29 is considered old in this sport ? seriously a man in its 30s taze zendegisho shoro karde :D

be har hal movafagh baashid .

ye ghesmate hooghooghamam baraye to haman
:yahoo::enjoy:

pas man beram soragh connection :D :lol:

yeah , you're right , i didnt know that .its very hard to get to team melli with that age .
although i dont understand why 29 is considered old in this sport ? seriously a man in its 30s taze zendegisho shoro karde :D
be har hal movafagh baashid .
:yahoo::enjoy:
pas man beram soragh connection :D :lol:
Max till 35th with heavy training for normal teams, not team melli.
Yallah, start today:lol:, email bede, zang bezan:lol:
Merci janam.:tup: same for you

By the way list of old players in premier league
Top 10 Oldest Premier League Players Ever | FTBpro

Last edited:
http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournamen...fident-iran-look-to-win-11th-asian-title.html
Confident Iran look to win 11th Asian title

Ho Chi Minh City: Iran have yet to reach their full potential at the AFC Futsal Championship according to coach Jesus Candelas ahead of Saturday’s final with Japan.
Iran swept aside Uzbekistan in the semi-final with hat-tricks from Hossein Tayebi and Vahid Shafiei setting the 10-time champions on their way to a comfortable 10-0 victory.

But despite Iran heading into Saturday’s meeting with the defending champions with a 100% record and boasting tournament leading scorer Tayebi, Candelas is remaining cautions ahead of his side’s 11th appearance in the final of the AFC Futsal Championship,

“I think that we have prepared ourselves for tomorrow,” said Candelas.

“Our preparation for this match has been in the way we have played during this tournament. We have not been at our best, but we are trying to be the best.

“At this point we cannot put any limitations on ourselves and tomorrow is the opportunity to ask for the players to give their all."

Iran eased their way into the tournament with a comfortable 5-1 victory over Indonesia, which saw Farhad Tavakoli score a brace to set the 10-time champions on their way.

They followed that up with an impressive 12-0 victory over China before Iran claimed top spot in Group B with an 8-1 victory over Australia.

Iran met tournament hosts Vietnam in the quarter-finals and came out 15-4 winners with Tayebi, Asghar Hassanzadeh and Mohammad Shajari all netting a hat-trick before Thursday’s equally impressive win over Uzbekistan secured their place in the final.

"I was expecting to play Japan in the semi-finals, but because they lost in the group they changed the plan and we had to play in the semi-finals with Uzbekistan,” said Candelas, who has no injury worries ahead of the final.

“In matches like this there are usually many goals and you are always under pressure, so it depends on the players and the match.

“There are two factors that will determine the result; one is the goalkeepers and two is accurate shooting to define the result."

The Asian Football Confederation - Confident Iran look to win 11th Asian title

it could not be worse than that , loosing three penalty and scoring an own goal .
that was unbelievable for Iran Footsal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom