What's new

The beginning of TR public turning against Iran because of support of PKK

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
In a sign of a further rift with its mullah regime neighbor, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç slammed Iran on Thursday, saying that the Turkish government is disturbed by Iran's stance against Turkey.

Speaking to a group of reporters over an iftar (fast-breaking) dinner, Arınç said that Ankara is uncomfortable with the positions the Iranian government has taken recently towards Turkey on a number of issues, not necessarily tied to the Syrian crisis.

“What I mean by disturbing behavior [by the Iranian regime] is not related to Syria,” he said, stressing that Turkey will do ‘whatever is required” to counter Iranian threats.

The Turkish minister implied that a recent surge in terror attacks in Turkey's Southeast has the backing of Iran. “We have received information that Kurdistan Workers' Party [PKK] terrorists infiltrated from the Iranian side of the border and that they were stationed in the Şehidan camp [in Iran] and crossed into Turkey from the region of Harkuk in northern Iraq,” he said.

Based on government intelligence, Today's Zaman reported on Friday that the PKK had relocated some of its militants from hideouts in northern Iraq's Kandil Mountains to a terror camp on the Turkish-Iranian border, from where it can launch attacks against targets in Turkey. The PKK has found an alternative base for itself in the Şehidan camp, near the district of Şemdinli in Hakkari, in an attempt to protect its members from the constant bombardment by Turkish military forces of PKK hideouts in northern Iraq. The PKK sees the Şehidan camp as a “safe area” as the Turkish military does not have a mandate to carry out any cross-border operations in that region.

In Şemdinli, the PKK is reported to have attempted to kick-start an uprising in southeastern Turkey similar to the Arab Spring. The Turkish military launched a large-scale operation in the area last week after PKK members blocked the road of a village in the region and began interrogating villagers. Troops from neighboring battalions were dispatched to the region, killing around 100 PKK terrorists. Plans by the PKK to take control of Şemdinli were exposed by terrorists who surrendered to security forces earlier this year.

On Thursday, Arınç also said he stood behind the reporting by the semi-official Anatolia news agency last year regarding the alleged capture and release of the number two man of the PKK terrorist organization by Iranian forces, signaling that Iran and the PKK may have had an agreement. “Then Iran had been fighting with the PKK's Iranian offshoot, the Party for a Free Life in Kurdistan [PJAK]. That fighting stopped,” he explained, adding that reports and denials coming out of Tehran helped Turkey to figure out what Iran was really after. Turkish dailies reported in October last year that Iranian security forces had captured PKK leader Murat Karayılan in August 2011, but later released him after negotiations with the terrorist organization.

The Şehidan camp in Iran was used by PJAK for many years. The PKK last year withdrew its PJAK militants from Iran after operations carried out by Iranian Revolutionary Guards dealt a severe blow to the terrorist organization. After the PJAK militants were moved to PKK bases in the Kandil Mountains, the PKK took control of the Şehidan camp.

Arınç dismissed Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi's remarks this week explaining those made by Iran's top general Hassan Firouzabadi, who blamed Turkey for the bloodshed in Syria. “Salehi came to Ankara and said that only the foreign minister, president and religious leaders can speak on behalf of Iran. This is not true. They can say whatever they want. Similar remarks were made in the past by other Iranian officials against the Kürecik NATO radar base in Turkey. Sometimes deputy ministers have issued similar remarks,” Arınç said, adding that Turkey holds the Iranian government responsible for these statements.

In October 2011, the deputy head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian armed forces, Brig. Gen. Massoud Jazayeri, said, “Turkey should rethink its long-term strategic interests and draw lessons from the bitter historical experiences of other countries.” He warned of “adverse consequences” while urging Turkey to reconsider its decision to host the NATO radar.

Arınç also signaled that Turkey may launch a military operation in Kandil in northern Iraq. “We do not need permission to do that. These things are not being spoken of but rather being implemented,” he said.

Turkey says it will do

In a sign of a further rift with its mullah regime neighbor...
The first sentence of this quasi-article shows how biased and one sided it is.
Everyone bashes Presstv with all insults,So I ask you please,never ever post any article about Iran from Todayszaman,almost all of it's news towards Iran is complete nonsense.Biases,manipulated and full of lies.
I have explained about these accusations,so no need for any further.

The first sentence of this quasi-article shows how biased and one sided it is.
Everyone bashes Presstv with all insults,So I ask you please,never ever post any article about Iran from Todayszaman,almost all of it's news towards Iran is complete nonsense.Biases,manipulated and full of lies.
I have explained about these accusations,so no need for any further.
Disregard that sentence. But you can't ignore someone who's quite powerful in the Erdogan government.

Secular, and Religious wing bullshit. Turkish people never built correct political stance towards Iran.

Whether historical or political or religious, the policies that İmplemented, alienated both societies. Turkey never Undestood that it needs Turkic character in Iran is crucial for its survival.

On the other side, Iran's own enemy Will come from within. Secular and separatist elements of Iran is already strong.

Again, Turkey blaming everyone but themselves for their incompetence to deal with the PKK for last 50 years....now its Iran's fault (with no evidence presented) who themselves are dealing with its own PJAK problem.

Turkey never Undestood that it needs Turkic character in Iran is crucial for its survival.

You wanna explain what you mean by this Alienoz?

gereksiz insanları cidiye alıp gereksiz mühabetlere girmeye hiç gerek yok arkadaşlar ...I cant remember how many times I have posted the following link here but anyway. ama ingilizceye çevirip buraya koymanında bir faydası olacağını düşünmüyorum... :)herhalde iran, ermenistan ve tabi birde .... kadar kendi yaptıkları propagandadan bu kadar çok beyinleri sulanmıs topluluklar bulmak zor.

gercekler ortada;

öcalan durusması gerekçeli karar
calan Davas - Gerekeli Karar - Belgenet

Again, Turkey blaming everyone but themselves for their incompetence to deal with the PKK for last 50 years....now its Iran's fault (with no evidence presented) who themselves are dealing with its own PJAK problem.

It is a known fact that the PKK is being supplied by many countries; as i said in one of my previous posts, the PKK is a pawn of America. Not to mention the wrong policies of Turkish politicians.

Pretty much everybody with military experience and knowlodge on that geoghraphy says those terrorist groups coming from Iranian soil.

And please what do you know about the nature of that conflict ? don't talk decisive about something you have no idea.

It is a known fact that the PKK is being supplied by many countries; as i said in one of my previous posts, the PKK is a pawn of America. Not to mention the wrong policies of Turkish politicians.
So according to your friends,PKK,the pawn of America,also the enemy of Iran,is supported by Iran.seems legit.
Why?Just because Turkish government do not have the courage to declare it can't deal with PKK and blames it on it's only remaining friend neighboring country,Iran.

Pretty much everybody with military experience and knowlodge on that geoghraphy says those terrorist groups coming from Iranian soil.

And please what do you know about the nature of that conflict ? don't talk decisive about something you have no idea.

When you ignoring several millions Kurds in Turkey , then you have to say "they will come from Iran .... "

I think Turkey really overestimate himself .... if we want to armed PKK , then turkey would dream to have some group like hezbollah as his enemy ....

compare to Hezbollah , arming PKK would be easy task for us ....

and it is a really old propaganda war , but you are rookie in this compare to Western media ....

Wise people using their mind and will understand that Iran won't help Americans/Israelis separatism groups but dumb people will only saying what their sick heart desire it ....

Turks are you really become upset after all these years your master still supporting your enemy !?

Its have nothing with Kurds in Turkey, those terrorist groups can't stay in Turkey, their camps were always outside of Turkey.

I didn't said Iran arming the PKK, I said PKK groups coming from Iranian soil, its not impossible why you guys think so ? interests of Turkey and Iran contradicted in Syria, not even mentioned the missile shield program etc.

Nobody thinks its impossible. Everything is possible, it is possible that Santa Claus exists. The point is you have no proof, none at all. Please bring a source, not just some vague reference to what some "top military general" said. However I know you don't have any proof, so I wonder why you keep on making new threads on this hypothesis?

I don't know what are you expecting ? as I said should I send a Heron to check it ? all I'm saying its clearly known that "routes" and "strike locations" shows that they can only come from Iranian side.

Back
Top Bottom