What's new

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Yemen: (Socotra archipelago - the Galapagos Islands of the East)

2l8adua.jpg

1sb95c.jpg

Saudi Arabia:

Old Jeddah
by BA&AA, on Flickr

إطلالة على قرية ذي عين الأثرية - الباحة
by Jawad Roumi جواد الرومي, on Flickr

View .
by Hmood Al Nasseer, on Flickr

kasser
by Abdullah Alturaigy, on Flickr

Alkasser Lake Zulfi Saudi Arabia

Not many people are aware of this but there are dozens upon dozens of extinct volcanoes in KSA. Most of them can be found in Hijaz and Western KSA (from North to South). In fact KSA is home to the largest extinct lava fields in the MENA region.

Albida Volcano, Kybar, saudi Arabia

Volcano Madina Saudi Arabia

8179879957_95f62725c7_b.jpg

الوجه الاخر by A.Aziz Hajjaj عبدالعزيز بن حجاج, on Flickr

Tunisia:

The ancient site of Carthage built by one of the many ancient Semitic peoples - the Phoenicians.
The famous military commander Hannibal (247 – 183/182/181 BC) was of Phoenician origin (Punic Carthaginian) himself.

Hannibal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2862587077_3e3148865d_b.jpg

Carthage by Stephen Downes, on Flickr

Tunisia-2739 - Looking Down from the Top by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Tunisia-2758 - Temple of Mercury by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Tunisia-3328 - El Djem Amphitheater by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Sidi Bou Said, Tunis. by usaid.d800, on Flickr

Tunisia-3242 - Dying to see the Ribat by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Tunisia-3420 - Bab Diwan Gate by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Qatar:

This image was from the Project to Shoot " Qatar National Day 2014" commissioned by QATAR AIRWAYS. Surprisingly got a award for this from Amiri Guard on 2015 . It's time to dig the archives to post the un published images.. #qatarinstagram #lifeindoha #ni by Qatarism, on Flickr

Beautiful Doha Skyline #doha #dohacity #dohaphotography #dohaqatar #dohainstagram #qatar #qatarlife #qatarinstagram #qatarliving #qatarairways #thisisqatar #dohacorniche #qatarism #seemydoha2016 #wearedoha #walk_and_walk #wgoqatar #addicted_to_nights #nig by Qatarism, on Flickr

Desert mets the sea. Reminds me a bit of the Namib Desert in Namibia although the latter is obviously bigger and more unique.

Old heritage town - Al-Wakra by A.Rahman AlKhulaifi, on Flickr

My brother son by YOUSIF AL-JANAHI, on Flickr

The Inland Sea - Qatar by Mohamad Nuski, on Flickr

Mangrove, Dhakira by AZFLICK, on Flickr

Its not amazon - Its Al-Khor by AZFLICK, on Flickr

Qatar is actually a quite underrated country. It's a nice peninsula with surprisingly interesting areas. It was more interesting to me than say Kuwait overall. However it depends on what people prefer. I at least found Doha to be a more beautiful city than Kuwait City although both are great.

Comoros:

Anjouan - Union of the Comoros by Asith Mohan Mangalore, on Flickr

20160730_124438 by Jess, on Flickr

20160730_132417 by Jess, on Flickr

by Wolfgang Kaehler, on Flickr

Ancienne Mosquee du Vendredi by David Stanley, on Flickr

Salmata Hamissi Mosque by David Stanley, on Flickr

Grande Comore from above by Ilya Varlamov, on Flickr

20160729_130256 by Jess, on Flickr

Bonus info: Arabians were the first people to discover Comoros and to settle it. As was the case with many other islands in the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean. Obviously the numbers were not huge and later other peoples arrived in greater numbers, mostly mainland Africans and mixing occurred. However the Arab language, culture, architecture etc. remained dominant and later more recent Arab arrivals (Hadhrami migrants) arrived and mixed with the locals. One such example, a mixture of course, is the former president Ahmed Abdallah Mohamed Sambi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Abdallah_Mohamed_Sambi

It's nevertheless a very poor place (not much industry for obvious reasons, small population, relative isolation, not a tremendous agricultural production like is the case with many small tropical islands contrary to popular belief) but I have heard that the people are incredibly hospitable and the landscapes speak for themselves. Many Arabs have started to go there for their honeymoons and holidays thus greatly helping the local economy. I wish that more investments would be made there.

It has literally been years since I have logged any activity on this forum. I only came back to tell Mr. al-Hasani this: Ahem Ahem. Things have gone the way I predicted regarding the Syrian conflict. You and the forums charlatan moderators banned me as I trumped you and your so called informed pieces on how Assad would be broken down. It happened my way instead. You know why? because you and your countrymen are not only illiterate but also opportunistic short term holding stock brokers in the game of grande strategy.

Your window was the first two years of the war. and instead of supporting serious military camps backed by your own army special forces ( which might have instilled some form of professionalism in your morally destitute people) you stuck with the impotent and incompetent FSA ( btw which has mostly migrated to Europe guess you guys cant fight in a line can you heck you cant even skirmish anymore thanks to your sports cars and soon to vanish oil wealth).

Your scheming and short sighted hatred pf Berbers and Turks has brought an end to the balance of power in the Islamic world. Now the two main masalik are on a head on collision.

First time I wish I was wrong. But I am not. And your people are doomed to repeat your mistakes and will do again and again.

Love the previously banned "Sturmgewehr"

Morocco:

Medina of Tangier
vd08ec.jpg

Chefchaouen
2rnhleb.jpg

Koutoubia Mosque
309mt01.jpg

Marrakech
2ajqro7.jpg

Mastfrane
10rpr3a.jpg