What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

Dude what exactly does Egypt has that Israel or Turkey don't have & also have some better stuff ?

The M1As no matter how good they maybe aren't exactly going to set the world on fire against the Merkava IIIs or IVs not without the A2 upgrade that none of them has. They're not even better than the Leopard 2NGs, the Leopard 1T & the probable Altays the Turks are going to come with.

Let's see the great difference between M1A1 and M1A2 (Oh Genius):

M1A2 (Baseline): Production began in 1992 (77 built for the US and more than 600 M1s upgraded to M1A2, 315 for Saudi Arabia, 218 for Kuwait). The M1A2 offers the tank commander an independent thermal sight and ability to, in rapid sequence, shoot at two targets without the need to acquire each one sequentially, also 2nd generation depleted uranium armor mesh[citation needed].

However, Egyptians upgraded it with "the tank commander an independent thermal sight and ability to, in rapid sequence, shoot at two targets without the need to acquire each one sequentially":
79966928.png

Egyptian Abrams M1A1 is a match to Israeli Merkava 4 and superior to Merkava 3 in terms of speed, gun power, sight systems, Armour, crew protection, survivability, fire control systems and electronics. The same does with the Turkish Leopard 2A4, the superiority here goes to Egypt as Israel has 390 Merkava Mark IV and Turkey has 339 while Egypt have 1130 M1A1. This is regarding high quality tanks. Meduim quality, Egypt has 1,716 M60 2000, 34 T-80, and Israel has 780 MK-III, 1049 Magach 7, 560 Magach 6, Turkey 391 Leopard 1, and 1000 M60 TT/TTS. for low quality, Egypt has 425 Ramses II, 500 T-62 (upgraded), 340 T-55 (upgraded), Israel has 200 Magach 5, 350 Centurion (Israeli Magach 7/6/5 are in storage), Tukey has 1400 M48A5T2.

Armored Personnel Carrier, Anti tank vehicles:
Israel: 3500
Egypt: 10000
Turkey: 6000

[/QUOTE]

Both the Turks & the Israelis have much better Artillery, APCs & IFVs than their Egyptian Counterparts.
Artillery:

Artillery

Self propelled howitzers
M109A1/A2 155 mm self-propelled howitzer (420)
M109A5 155 mm self-propelled howitzer (201)
SPH 122 mm 122 mm self-propelled howitzer (D-30 howitzer on M109 A2 chassis) (locally assembled from kits) (124)
M110A2 203 mm self-propelled howitzer (144)
Self propelled mortars
M120 120 mm mortar carrier on modified T-55 tank chassis (120)
M1064A3 self-propelled M120 120 mm mortar carrier (160)
M106A2 self-propelled M30 107 mm mortar carrier (150)
M125A2 self-propelled M29 81 mm mortar carrier (350)
[edit]Field artillery
[edit]Howitzers
D-20 152 mm towed field gun howitzer (150)
D-30M 122 mm towed field howitzer (600) (Manufactured locally - production as needed)[74]
[edit]Field guns
S-23 180 mm towed field heavy gun (24)
GH 52 155 mm towed field gun w/APU (400) (Being manufactured locally under license - production as needed)
M-46 130 mm towed field gun (420) (Manufactured locally - production as needed)[76]
Type 59-1M 130 mm towed field gun (150)
D-74 122 mm towed field gun (148)
Type 60 122 mm towed field gun (148)
M1944 100 mm towed field gun (200)
Mortars
M240 240 mm (24)
M1943 160 mm (160)
M-43 120 mm (240)
2B11 Sani 120 mm (300)
M120 120 mm (560)
Helwan UK-2 120 mm (600), Egyptian version of the M-43[77]
M30 107 mm (390)
2B14 Podnos 82 mm (750)
Helwan M-69 82 mm (1,250), Egyptian version of the 82-PM-37
M252 81 mm mortar system (1,750)
M224 Mortar 60 mm mortar system (1,800)
Helwan 60 mm (2,500), Egyptian modified variant of the Chinese Type 63-1.
Multiple rocket launcher
VAP-80: 80 mm towed/self propelled non-guided rocket system of 12 tubes arranged in 3 rows of 4: Range: 8 km: (250 launcher units)[81]
RL-812 TLC 107 mm towed non-guided rocket system of 12 tubes arranged in 3 rows of 4: Range 9 km: (96 launcher units)[82][83]
PRL81: 107 mm non-guided rocket system of a single tube based on a tripod stand: Range: 8 km, Egyptian modified version of the Type 63 multiple rocket launcher: (250 launcher units)[83][84]
Sakr-4 also known as PRL111:122 mm non-guided rocket system of a single tube based on a tripod stand: Range: 10.8 km: (120 launcher units)[68][85]
Sakr-8:122 mm non-guided rocket system of 2 or 3 tubes based on a tripod stand or a Jeep: Range: 10.8 km, Egyptian modified version of the BM21: (48 launcher units)
Sakr-10:122 mm self-propelled non-guided rocket system of 4 tubes arranged in 2 rows of 2 on a tripod stand or a Jeep: Range: 10.8 km, Egyptian modified version of the BM-21: (50 Launcher Units)[68]
BM-21 122 mm non-guided rocket system of 40 tubes arranged in 4 rows of 10: Range: 20.8 km: (215 launcher units)
Sakr-18 (Known as RL-21):122 mm self-propelled battlefield rocket system of 30 tubes arranged in 3 rows of 10: Range: 20.8 km, Egyptian modified version of the BM21: (72 launcher units)[68]
Sakr-30 (Known as RC-21):122 mm self-propelled battlefield rocket system of 40 tubes arranged in 4 rows of 10: Range: 30 km, Egyptian modified version of the BM-21: (130 launcher units)[68]
Sakr-36: 122 mm self-propelled battlefield rocket system of 40 tubes arranged in 4 rows of 10: Range: 36 km, enhanced range Egyptian modified version of the BM-21(50 launcher units)[68]
M-51 130 mm self-propelled non-guided rocket system of 16 tubes arranged in 4 rows of 4: Range 8.2 km (36 launcher units)[86]
K-136 Kooryong: 130mm 36-round multiple rocket launch system (36 Launchers) (Range: 36 km)
Sakr-45: 227 mm self-propelled battlefield rocket system, Range: 45 km, Egyptian licensed built version of the M270 rocket combined with the traditional Sakr-36 6X6 launching truck system of 12 tubes arranged in 2 rows of 6 (20 launcher units)
M270: 227 mm self-propelled battlefield rocket system of 12 tubes arranged in 2 rows of 6: (48 launcher units)
Range with M26 rocket ammunition: 32 km
Range with M26A1/A2 ammunition: 45 km
Range with M30 ammunition: 45 km
BM-24: 240 mm self-propelled battlefield rocket system of 12 tubes arranged in 2 rows of 6: Range 11 km (48 launcher units)
The Egyptians have no ATGM that is better than what the Israelis or the Turks have ! They (the Turks & the Israelis) have the same TOWs. RPG7s & Hellfires but also their own domestic designs either coming up (for the Turks) or already there (Spike, Nimrod, LAHAT etc.) for the Israelis.
The Egyptian MANPADs aren't a game-changer either & the Turks have the Stingers better integrated with their Aselsan designed vehicles.
Heck the Egyptian Army doesn't even field better equipment when compared with their Pakistani Counterparts & you're comparing them with a NATO member country & the US's spoiled child.
tumblr_m3bpstpwIn1qcj0p4.gif

@BLACKEAGLE : Okay so I don't know what I'm talking about but do you have to relish making me look like a fool ! :angry:

By the way - You're wrong; copy pasting Wikipedia is a pretty easy exercise & I stand by what I said earlier ! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
@BLACKEAGLE : Okay so I don't know what I'm talking about but do you have to relish making me look like a fool ! :angry:

By the way - You're wrong; copy pasting Wikipedia is a pretty easy exercise & I stand by what I said earlier ! :P

It's not copy pasting but rather searching, and that's what respected and educated people who back their claims with sources do. I could have replied to you in much details and info but I have to sleep right now. As you have wasted my time twice I am not going to discuss military stuff with you again, I think this should be fair to both of us.

Stupidity is your real middle name amigo, you still didn't answer my question...Why the orange color on the wing tips and the rudder of the Egyptian airforce, since you act like an authority in military matters. If you answer that, you will provide the answer that Armstrong was seeking from you..like killing two bird with one stone:raise:

He letting his oversize dreamy wish of supersized Arabian superpower cloud his brain or too much sugar in his tea...who knows?

Don't take it personally, I wasn't insulting you but rather telling you the truth...:D, I have never said I am a well educated person in military stuff, and I am not of course, but I was looking for serious guys but...didn't find any. Good night..

And good night Armstrong (fool):bunny:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not copy pasting but rather searching, and that's what respected and educated people who back their claims with sources do. I could have replied to you in much details and info but I have to sleep right now. As you have wasted my time twice I am not going to discuss military stuff with you again, I think this should be fair to both of us.

Okay now I'm angry ! :angry:

For every argument of yours there is a counter-argument whether it is comparing muzzle velocity of 120 mm (Rheinmetal's) that the M1As use or the IMI one that the Merkavas use, whether its the APS or any of those other things but why get bogged down in any of that !

But these guys seem to have their sh*t in order & have factored it all in (do read how they ranked it...its interesting !) & this what they have to say : Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2013

Okay now I'm angry ! :angry:

For every argument of yours there is a counter-argument whether it is comparing muzzle velocity of 120 mm (Rheinmetal's) that the M1As use or the IMI one that the Merkavas use, whether its the APS or any of those other things but why get bogged down in any of that !

But these guys seem to have their sh*t in order & have factored it all in (do read how they ranked it...its interesting !) & this what they have to say : Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2013

Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2013 is a real joke man. When I say Egyptian land force is stronger than the Israeli one I know what I am talking about, massive numbers of modern/upgarded IFVs, ATVs, APCs, ARVs, AIMVs, Tanks, Artillery, Multiple rocket launchers. I tried to count on you since yesterday to check them as I need a full day or two to make a good comparison among the three land forces. Air defense force is as well far more advanced and outnumber the Turkish one and stronger than the Israeli one. For air force Israel is stronger of course. Again, this is not because it's Egypt as I (god forbid) am not Egyptian, I am being realistic and logical here while I don't know what you are trying to do here.

Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2013 is a real joke man. When I say Egyptian land force is stronger than the Israeli one I know what I am talking about, massive numbers of modern/upgarded IFVs, ATVs, APCs, ARVs, AIMVs, Tanks, Artillery, Multiple rocket launchers. I tried to count on you since yesterday to check them as I need a full day or two to make a good comparison among the three land forces. Air defense force is as well far more advanced and outnumber the Turkish one and stronger than the Israeli one. For air force Israel is stronger of course. Again, this is not because it's Egypt as I (god forbid) am not Egyptian, I am being realistic and logical here while I don't know what you are trying to do here.

They did all the counting for you - the APCs, the IFVs, the MBTs, the Artillery pieces - the lot of them & then ranked them ! :lol:

But I'm sure you know best ! :tup:

They did all the counting for you - the APCs, the IFVs, the MBTs, the Artillery pieces - the lot of them & then ranked them ! :lol:

But I'm sure you know best ! :tup:

I think you are better than this, Ethiopia is 29 and Spain is 30? Kenya is 46 and UAE is 58? not to mention the rest, :lol:

Good night...

I think you are better than this, Ethiopia is 29 and Spain is 30? Kenya is 46 and UAE is 58? not to mention the rest, :lol:

Good night...

Good Night ! :kiss3:

I'd sing praises of the Egyptian Army (or any Arab Army for that matter) when they've actually bested or at least reached a stalemate with a nation the size of a date seed even once despite outnumbering it from all sides ! :lol:

But did you even go through their method of ranking ? They accounted for so much ! :tup:

That's true of all the Arab nations who were not directly involved like Egypt and Syria, Algeria provided men, military equipment and even paid the Soviets to buy and replace Egyptian military equip at a time when Algeria was not as economically fortunate as it is today and was in debt.

Good Night ! :kiss3:

I'd sing praises of the Egyptian Army (or any Arab Army for that matter) when they've actually bested or at least reached a stalemate with a nation the size of a date seed even once despite outnumbering it from all sides ! :lol:

But did you even go through their method of ranking ? They accounted for so much ! :tup:

Why are you getting offensive? This specific discussion regarding Egypt has nothing to do with Arabs, weirdo!

Why are you getting offensive? This specific discussion regarding Egypt has nothing to do with Arabs, weirdo!

Where am I getting offensive ? :blink:

I simply built on your argument that if the Egyptian Army is one of the best in the Arab World, if not the Muslim World, & it along with a dozen other countries supporting it during its 3-4 wars with a country the size of Israel & the paltry manpower that the Israelis had haven't been able to best them in combat once then how can one say that its better than the Israeli Army ?

Where am I getting offensive ? :blink:

I simply built on your argument that if the Egyptian Army is one of the best in the Arab World, if not the Muslim World, & it along with a dozen other countries supporting it during its 3-4 wars with a country the size of Israel & the paltry manpower that the Israelis had haven't been able to best them in combat once then how can one say that its better than the Israeli Army ?
We are talking here about Egyptian army in 2012, 48 and 67 wars have their own conditions. (as you insist it's about Arabs) If you are wiling to talk about Arabs soldiers in wars regardless of time, I would like you to read history, it's like you are talking like Pakistan has won a single war in it's history.

We are talking here about Egyptian army in 2012, 48 and 67 wars have their own conditions. (as you insist it's about Arabs) If you are wiling to talk about Arabs soldiers in wars regardless of time, I would like you to read history, it's like you are talking like Pakistan has won a single war in it's history.

Yes we are & we're talking about an Israeli Army in 2012 too armed with some of the finest weaponry produced either by the United States or their own domestic industry ! Thinking that somehow what Israel fields is somehow qualitatively inferior to what anyone in their neighborhood has is fallacious to say the least.

Furthermore the stroll down history was to impress upon you that for whatever reason you're rating Egypt or others over Israel simply because one has the quantitative edge too is fallacious for history has proved time & again that Israel outnumbered from all sides has held its own reasonably well to sometimes brilliantly well !

No Pakistan hasn't won a single war she has fought against an enemy 10 times her size, fielding an army 4 times her size, an air force 3 times her size, a navy 10 times her size & an economy 15 times her size but we've done mighty well compared to what Arab Nations have against a country that is dwarfed by even the Province I'm living in right now never mind the country despite outnumbering it vastly & from all sides. If you really want to distort my comment to imply as if I was having a dig at Arabs & in the process have a dig at Pakistan then know that Pakistan is a country created 65 years ago & so were most Arab Countries created about the same time; but if you want to talk about the wars my people have been involved in regardless of time then know that our people, from the fiercely independent Pashtuns of the North-West, the Baloch of the South-West, the Punjabis of the East & the Sindhis of South have had a warrior past & a civilization that exceeds what the Arabs ever came up with.

Don't misconstrue my comments & tempt me to take digs at you !

The Egyptian Army, no matter how well equipped it maybe, holds no qualitative advantage over the Israelis or the Turks & little to no quantitative advantage over either of them. If we were to factor in force-multipliers & the Airforce that gap is widened even further.

Yes we are & we're talking about an Israeli Army in 2012 too armed with some of the finest weaponry produced either by the United States or their own domestic industry ! Thinking that somehow what Israel fields is somehow qualitatively inferior to what anyone in their neighborhood has is fallacious to say the least.

Furthermore the stroll down history was to impress upon you that for whatever reason you're rating Egypt or others over Israel simply because one has the quantitative edge too is fallacious for history has proved time & again that Israel outnumbered from all sides has held its own reasonably well to sometimes brilliantly well !

No Pakistan hasn't won a single war she has fought against an enemy 10 times her size, fielding an army 4 times her size, an air force 3 times her size, a navy 10 times her size & an economy 15 times her size but we've done mighty well compared to what Arab Nations have against a country that is dwarfed by even the Province I'm living in right now never mind the country despite outnumbering it vastly & from all sides. If you really want to distort my comment to imply as if I was having a dig at Arabs & in the process have a dig at Pakistan then know that Pakistan is a country created 65 years ago & so were most Arab Countries created about the same time; but if you want to talk about the wars my people have been involved in regardless of time then know that our people, from the fiercely independent Pashtuns of the North-West, the Baloch of the South-West, the Punjabis of the East & the Sindhis of South have had a warrior past & a civilization that exceeds what the Arabs ever came up with.

Don't misconstrue my comments & tempt me to take digs at you !

The Egyptian Army, no matter how well equipped it maybe, holds no qualitative advantage over the Israelis or the Turks & little to no quantitative advantage over either of them. If we were to factor in force-multipliers & the Airforce that gap is widened even further.

Have a nice day.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom