What's new

The 4 prototypes of JF-17 Thunder

Look at this pic

9eef3f4a49fa64369b546a104da55190.jpg

You can clearly see the JF-17 Thunder parked alongside other aircrafts. Does this mean that that particular aircraft has been inducted into the Chinese Air Forces?

I mean, what does really happen to prototypes of the JF-17 Thunders at the end of the day? Do they get scrapped after all the tests have been done on them or do they get modified, have avionics put into them and brought into the service?

Their not in PLAAF service right now, but that is a prototype (New and Old), usually the prototype go into museums, etc, after they have their electronics taken out.

That is some sight there are 7 prototypes and all of them are different from wing design to air intake and shape aswell bizare photo.

The pic is from China. shot at the airfield of Chengdu Aviation Industry (CAC).

these are 4th prototype of FC-1/JF17 in the close shot,and the rest are J-10s.the 4th prototype is focused on improvement of air intake,avionics and arm load,which completed on April,2006.

look at the dark painted FC-1,the blue logo on the empennage is for China Aviation Industry Corp1 (CAIC1),while a levin sign on the front apparently stands for Thunder. Not an operational fighter will paint like this.

anytime Thunder,

FC-1 will enter PLAAF service but according to the contract,the JV supplies PAF first,9 by this year,and 20 next year.

Today I've been hung out on CAIC1,Chinese national defence and Chinese Aviation Info,the most creditable websites where there're words given about JF-17 by CEO of CAIC1,by the chief designer, and by administrator of Chinese Aviation Bureau that engine is NOT problem. (sooner or later,RD93 or WS-13)

kvLin,

There was a news a while ago that production aircrafts will be likely to divide in half for PAF and PLAAF. Is this true? I have also heard that it is cancelled for a first year or so due to the special need of JF-17 in the PAF as soon as possible.

kvLin,

There was a news a while ago that production aircrafts will be likely to divide in half for PAF and PLAAF. Is this true? I have also heard that it is cancelled for a first year or so due to the special need of JF-17 in the PAF as soon as possible.

I haven't read news like that in China,actually there are two JF-17 production lines at CAC (Chengdu),one specialized for JF-17 and the other rebuilt from J-8II production line in order to speed the production. KAC has announced to start JF-17 production next year in Karachi which doesn't mean that JF-17 will be deferent within 2008. CAIC1 doesn't seem to worry about the engine issue since they believe there will be a gameover to the farce of RD-93 prior to 2009. so,time matches well,doesn't it?

It is true that PLAAF ordered 250 FC-1 to replace over 600 aged J-7s but,with FBC already in service (FeiBao,another indigenous fighter) in amount of 130 or so, they are not in urgent waitting as their ally being.

Back
Top Bottom