What's new

Thanks Lt General Tariq Khan

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
95c102666e8313bf14cae7f5f242cd83.jpg

Lt Gen Tariq Khan, Well Known For His Contributions In The War On Terror, Retires Today. Farewell, Sir.

Gen tariq services will always be remember !

Lieutenant General Tariq Khan, HI(M) is a Pakistan Army general officer who is the current Commander of I Strike Corps at Mangla. A war hero, he has been the Inspector General of the Frontier Corps from September 2008 till October 2010.
He has also commanded the 1st Armoured Division in Multan from 2006 to 2007 and then the 14th Infantry Division in South Waziristan till 2008. Khan gained fame when he led the Frontier Corps to victory against the Taliban in the Battle of Bajaur in 2009.

The nation is profoundly indebted to, Lieutenant General Tariq Khan - 1977 to 2014.

Decorated with Hilal-e-Imtiaz Military & the Legion of Merit, Lt.General Tariq Khan who is soon to be retired is a war hero and an exemplary combat commander. He was born in Tank district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province and was commissioned in Pakistan Army in 1977. He has commanded the 1st Armoured Division, Multan, 14th Infantry Division, D.I. Khan, Frontier Corps (KP) and I Corps, Mangla. He has represented Pakistan at the US CENTCOM and is also the first commander of Pakistan Army's Central Command (CENTCOM, not to be confused with the US).

During his career, he participated in the first Gulf War where he was stationed in Saudi Arabia, commanded during War in North-West Pakistan, Operation Zalzala, Operation Sherdil, Operation Rah-e-Nijat and achieved a historic victory against the TTP in the Battle of Bajur. He is credited with moulding the Frontier Corps KP from a poorly trained force into a fearsome fighting machine. We are incredibly thankful for his services for the Pakistani nation and wish him a happy and healthy retirement. The hero of Bajur needs to rest.

Probably the best Lt Gen who didnt become army chief in PA's recent history.

Lieutenant General Tariq Khan, HI(M) is a Pakistan Army general officer who is the current Commander of I Strike Corps at Mangla. A war hero, he has been the Inspector General of the Frontier Corps from September 2008 till October 2010.
He has also commanded the 1st Armoured Division in Multan from 2006 to 2007 and then the 14th Infantry Division in South Waziristan till 2008. Khan gained fame when he led the Frontier Corps to victory against the Taliban in the Battle of Bajaur in 2009.

Which war?

You make it sound like he died with the years listed as 1977-2014

Which war?

The great war of the 21st century, War on terror.
The tremendous efforts that Lieut.Gen. Tariq Khan & Lieut.Gen. Haroon Aslam put on that front did bear the fruit.The current successes that we have progressively achieved show the culmination of those efforts and it could not have been possible with out the thoroughly planned initiative of the current COAS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom