What's new

Tejas to replace all MIG aircraft, says Odisha born chief designer

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
http://odishatv.in/odisha/body-slid...craft-says-odisha-born-chief-designer-156739/

Bhubaneswar: Padmashree Dr Kota Harinarayan, chief designer of Tejas, India’s indigenously developed light combat aircraft (LCA), today averred that the single-engine fighter aircraft recently inducted into the air force will soon replace all variants of the MIG in the near future.

Talking exclusively to OTV, the Berhampur-born scientist, who was on an Odisha visit to attend the ninth foundation day of the Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar (IIT-BBS), said; Tejas, which is very superior, will replace MIG-21, 23 and all other classes of the MIG aircraft. It is highly manoeuverable and has advanced technology. it is two generations ahead of the MIG-21. Globally, Tejas is considered to be the best technology.”

Tejas can carry different weapons and new weapon integration is easily possible with the light combat aircraft. Open architecture and the possibility of integration of new electronics make the Tejas a very advanced aircraft, he added.

Tejas is far superior than the aircraft that the neighbouring country has. At present, they are having Mirage which is an old generation aircraft,” he said.

Commenting on the country’s arms capability, Harinarayan said, “The arms capacity, which is less at present, should be expanded by at least 10 times. This will help in arms export as well. I believe capacity will increase in the next two-three years.”

On the prospects of defence related industries in Odisha, Harinarayan said, “Nalco produces the finest aluminium. It can work on Lithium alloy on which I had worked with a Hyderabad-based firm. I would love to work on the project here as well.”

Besides, a lot of expansion in technology is needed in the State, he added.

He said the State government should think of setting up an airport in south Orissa so that the economy in the area will get a boost.

Tejas is far superior than the aircraft that the neighbouring country has. At present, they are having Mirage which is an old generation aircraft,” he said.

Which decade is this guy living in? So according to him we have only got mirage :lol:. Tejas and JF17 belong to the same class of fighter and are purely defensive aircrafts with no offensive roles. JFThunder might be used for anti shipping roles but it limited range is not suitable for limited range attacks. Pakistan will eventually replace Mirage V with a new aircraft but for now JF Thunder needs to replace old Mirage 3 and F-7.

I'm pretty sure from the beginning. Both are lightweight air-crafts, meant mainly for defensive purposes. the Tejas has a slight technological advantage, but the Thunder is further ahead in both its induction and development cycles.

Agreed its Thunder<Tejas<J10 in terms of technology but J10 and Thunder are getting upgraded even as we speak as for Tejas I don't know when or even if Mk2 will come before J10 is phased out.

All three are multi role and the J10 has extensive composite structure and advanced avionics compared to Tejas or Thunder. If we are to see the relative development quote J10 has the largest development lead be it because its based on pre-existing aircraft or otherwise its a proven design.

Which decade is this guy living in? So according to him we have only got mirage :lol:. Tejas and JF17 belong to the same class of fighter and are purely defensive aircrafts with no offensive roles. JFThunder might be used for anti shipping roles but it limited range is not suitable for limited range attacks. Pakistan will eventually replace Mirage V with a new aircraft but for now JF Thunder needs to replace old Mirage 3 and F-7.

What will replace the oldest F-16s? Any idea?

Most probably with new F-16s. Ishq hogaya hai hamain F-16 se yaar.

It makes sense for PAF to get more F-16s, and is probably their best option. But I'm not sure it's possible, as the recent cancellation of a purchase shows.

poor reporting or the scientist is not an expert in geopolitico affairs..

I'm pretty sure from the beginning. Both are lightweight air-crafts, meant mainly for defensive purposes. the Tejas has a slight technological advantage, but the Thunder is further ahead in both its induction and development cycles.
I do agree that the advantage of Tejas over JF is not much..

It makes sense for PAF to get more F-16s, and is probably their best option. But I'm not sure it's possible, as the recent cancellation of a purchase shows.
They have options with Jordanian f16 or even Turkey's.. Options are there..

at 1:35,,,says its far superior to f16 n all a/c in paf ,,,its "bhaari advanced" aircraft.
n this guy was the chief designer:rolleyes:,,,its in odia,,,,someone frm Odisha kindly translate

Yes it is.

Actually i meant as electron upgrades and reduced RCS are the main difference between 4 and 4+ or 4.5 Gen fighters.

Tejas is quite ahead even in its current form from JF-17 with better RCS due to higher use of composite and better electronic suite (No way saying that JF-17 have bad electronic suite but just in comparison).

If they manage to get MK-1A or MK-2 in approximate planned timeline +/-1 Year the difference will probably be there.
As both fighter will evolve and better foreign relation of india may help to achieve better tech for tejas in shorter time.

Tejas has a slight technological advantage
This statement is really undermining quite a lot of work. :p:

What will replace the oldest F-16s? Any idea?
May be some other country 's old F-16s with upgrades to newer standards.

Ishq hogaya hai hamain F-16 se yaar.
IF there are funds available for Typhoon/Rafale PAF will ditch this F-16 love before you even blink.

Last edited:
Come on look at him... Leave the old guy alone!!

Back
Top Bottom