What's new

Taliban Rules, Decrees, Laws and Prohibitions - 1996

Well in the presence of foreign forces it doesn't seem to happening. So isn't it better to take a start and have dialogue with them. I mean they belong to your society and you can better negotiate with them than any american.

Don't you think this war is going in circles and we have to change our strategy.

You are right!! we want negotiations and a stop to the killings, but are the taliban ready to stop killing us?

So we should not fight the Taliban up North because they want to implement their crazy law? But if your answer is that we should fight them and leave the Afghan Taliban to do what they want on the other side we should be fine. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This madness will not remain in their country, it will spread and I do not know how anyone can still question that scenario.

So by fighting taliban we can eliminate them? If you think we can than make your attempt. Hopefully this will work in some part of time in the future.

Well in the presence of foreign forces it doesn't seem to happening. So isn't it better to take a start and have dialogue with them. I mean they belong to your society and you can better negotiate with them than any american.

Don't you think this war is going in circles and we have to change our strategy.

I understand the frustration and you are absolutely correct that things will slip from bad to worse when NATO leaves. There is no doubt about it. But the first thing you should do is actually decide what they do is right or wrong. If your answer is that they are correct in implementing these laws on our neighbors then I am sure you would also understand that I would be mentally exhausting myself trying to repeat something you will never grasp. But if your answer is vice versa then at least you have done everything you can as a human being and not supported their insanity. Thats how you can hope to win. The support has to disappear one person at a time. Sooner or later we pray they will not have the money to fight and then the people will rise with a better solution. I do not need to reiterate the hakook for our neighbors in Islam, they are right next to your mother. Lets wish them what we would wish on our own families.

You are right!! we want negotiations and a stop to the killings, but are the taliban ready to stop killing us?

Are you ready to accept them as part of your society? If you are than it would be easy to have dialogue with them. As far as Taliban are concern with dialogue we might force them to leave violence. With fighting with them the things have gone even worse in Afghanistan and also this region. The worst part is that we have to accept that they are on the winning side. They have the high hand in this war. So obviously it is we who have to make ways to bring them into afghan society.

Are you ready to accept them as part of your society? If you are than it would be easy to have dialogue with them. As far as Taliban are concern with dialogue we might force them to leave violence. With fighting with them the things have gone even worse in Afghanistan and also this region.

Yes off course they will be accepted part of the society!! We have already accpeted Mullah Mutawakil, Abdul Salam, Abdul Salam Zaef and many others. Some of them are even members of parliament in Afghanistan. but hey, there is a problem, the taliban think they will be extint within a short period of time if they start political life rather than violance. they know that people will reject them in the elections.

The thread is about Afghanistan and their is a difference between Afghan and Pakistani society. Don't mix both of them.
Pls could elaborate these differences.

First come to any consensus about Afghanistan and than we would discuss the situation in Pakistan.

Why just a consensus in Afghanistan...why not Pakistan too..
either accept them in Pakistan and then recommend them in Afghanistan...or if you oppose them..then oppose them everywhere.

This clearly exposes your hypocrisy ..you are happy with Taliban ruling Afghanistan (coz it serves your purpose)..but you won't have their bigoted laws in your country..as it will affect your lifestyle

This isn't your Bollywood movie where you are going to kill all evil taliban.

:)

Nobody can kill all taliban ..because it not just a group of ppl..but an ideology..its is mindset..which runs deep in certain group ppl...including some in Pakistan.

@Areesh: Do you accept the Taliban in your country, in your system, society etc? they are part of your socieity, they control large areas in pakistan, they have weapons, they have support etc, what do you think about them? do you accept their ideology and are you ready to implement those ideologies in your country on your day to day life?

One more thing that these Talibans are may be similar to people in our tribal areas, and I can assure you that these tribal people will never lay down their weapons through war.. one will have to negotiate with them and than step by step try to moderate them.. but if you will continue fighting you will continue creating more and more mess.. This war will never end. If you think that at the end those taliban will accept defeat you have completely misunderstood tribal mindset.

Are you ready to accept them as part of your society? If you are than it would be easy to have dialogue with them. As far as Taliban are concern with dialogue we might force them to leave violence. With fighting with them the things have gone even worse in Afghanistan and also this region. The worst part is that we have to accept that they are on the winning side. They have the high hand in this war. So obviously it is we who have to make ways to bring them into afghan society.

That won't happen because the Taliban are fighting to reimpose their control. Don't mix them up with the insurgency in Iraq (their goal is specifically the occupation) The Taliban on the other hand want control back. If the U.S. left they would go after the ANA till they surrender. The only way to defeat them is if the vast majority of Afghanistan turns against them. They will then lose what support they have and crumble.

Nobody can kill all taliban ..because it not just a group of ppl..but an ideology..its is mindset..which runs deep in certain group ppl...including some in Pakistan.

That is the truth. When you fight an ideology you have to debunk the myth, and I absolutely 100% know it is easily done when people actually stop talking about Shariah law and start living it. Swat and nothern parts should be text book cases that need to be explained to the people who still say that this law is our salvation. Their law was invited by the people and the same people kicked their ***** once they saw the army coming.

Rather than waiting for it to come to your doorstep, how about taking a family vacation to any one of the desired locations which have all your needed requirements already implemented? Its a win win situation for me.

@Areesh: Do you accept the Taliban in your country, in your system, society etc? they are part of your socieity, they control large areas in pakistan, they have weapons, they have support etc, what do you think about them? do you accept their ideology and are you ready to implement those ideologies in your country on your day to day life?

No sane guy accepts their ideology. But the question is whether my opinion matters. It doesn't matter that whether I like them or not they aren't going to be defeated through military solutions in Afghanistan. Taliban are in tribal areas of Pak because many people their support. They aren't present in Karachi or Islamabad because of the lack of the support they have in these cities. If people are supporting Taliban in Afghanistan(and in southern afghanistan they do have support) so it means that they accept them and their life style. Yeah if local population turns against them than we can beat them. BUT do local population really hate them or they support. I believe the local population support them atleast in Southern Afghanistan. And to beat them we have to eliminate that support. That is the only way.

That won't happen because the Taliban are fighting to reimpose their control. Don't mix them up with the insurgency in Iraq (their goal is specifically the occupation) The Taliban on the other hand want control back. If the U.S. left they would go after the ANA till they surrender. The only way to defeat them is if the vast majority of Afghanistan turns against them. They will then lose what support they have and crumble.

Yup I agree with the bold part. But in the presence of foreign forces I don't see that happening.

:)

No sane guy accepts their ideology. But the question is whether my opinion matters. It doesn't matter that whether I like them or not they aren't going to be defeated through military solutions in Afghanistan. Taliban are in tribal areas of Pak because many people their support. They aren't present in Karachi or Islamabad because of the lack of the support they have in these cities. If people are supporting Taliban in Afghanistan(and in southern afghanistan they do have support) so it means that they accept them and their life style. Yeah if local population turns against them than we can beat them. BUT do local population really hate them or they support. I believe the local population support them atleast in Southern Afghanistan. And to beat them we have to eliminate that support. That is the only way.

Good point, and do you think it is fair that people of karachi and islamabad comes to the taliban rule just because tribal areas are happy with the taliban? why should i accpet the taliban in kabul and other vast areas of afghanistan because a few peoople in the south want them? if they want them they can have it, but not to impose them on us. if there is an election, trut me not more than 8% of peoople would vote the taliban.

NATO talks a big game but it will start packing before any basics are laid in reconstruction. Throwing money to build some structures is not going to help the people. Afghanistan had decent infrastructure when the Taliban came. We can only hope and pray that the people get a good livelihood like other people on this forum and they will start talking sense to themselves.

Back
Top Bottom