What's new

Taliban militants behead 2 Pakistani soldiers

Sher Malang

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, May 7, 11:29 AM

DERA ISMAIL KHAN — Intelligence officials say the Taliban have beheaded two Pakistani soldiers and hung their heads from wooden poles in a town in the country’s northwest.

A Pakistani Taliban commander says militants seized the two men on Sunday night when the army raided two houses in Miran Shah, the main town in the North Waziristan tribal area.

The military operation followed a militant ambush on a security checkpoint in Miran Shah earlier Sunday that killed nine soldiers.

The intelligence officials did not specify how the soldiers were seized, but confirmed that their heads were hanging from poles in two different parts of Miran Shah.

The officials and the Taliban commander spoke on condition of anonymity on Monday because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Source: Taliban militants behead 2 Pakistani soldiers, hang their heads from poles in northwest - The Washington Post

Start an operation against these lunatics ASAP!!

Where the hell are they coming from? I thought PAK army completed 90% of operation in FATA. Is there any other place left besides Miran Shah? Does anyone know whether we've cleared Kurram agency or not?

Where the hell are they coming from? I thought PAK army completed 90% of operation in FATA. Is there any place left i.e. Kurram agency, Miran Shah???

I guess they are the locals, the same thing happens in Afghanistan, they clear the area and you see the Taliban again couple of weeks!!

RIP to the fallen. Were the soldiers local? Different tribe? Seems to make no sense really.

This blows away the conspiracy theories that the Army has not been fighting the militants in North Waziristan, or doesn't want to fight them. There has been fighting going on between the militants & the Army in North Waziristan for a few months now. Mullen said if Pakistani troops took action against the militants in North Waziristan, the US would stop the drone strikes, but they still keep resorting to their conspiracy theories, that Pakistan controls the Taliban.

I guess they are the locals, the same thing happens in Afghanistan, they clear the area and you see the Taliban again couple of weeks!!

Pakistan isn't negotiating with the Taliban though, Afghanistan is. And the Taliban have been able to strike in the heart of Kabul all the time, whereas 95-99% of the Taliban attacks in Pakistan are confined in the FATA/KPK. So it is not fair to compare the Afghan situation with that of Pakistan.

This is a barbaric act against humanity !
its tragic for any nation & army ...Pakistan government should take immediate steps to give justice to deceased & hang culprits if they are locals & world should help pakistan to get rid of this barbaric talibanis !!

Off topic: I found many pakistanis supporting taliban in this forum... But how are they supporting them, when they are killing their own soldiers :tdown:

Pakistanis on this forum generally support Afghan Taliban who are killing the ISAF and Afghan Army. When Taliban kill Pak soldiers their loyality takes a turn from supporting Jihad in other's country to standing by their own soldiers (who happen to be fighting Muslims of their own country).

Pak mil had a lot of control over Afghan Taliban. Taliban split into another faction i.e. Pak Taliban to put pressure on Pak army and to not allow Islamabad have complete control over Taliban. Its a pressure point.

Taliban are despicable but have learned something in diplomacy.

RIP to dead

may those brave soldiers rest in peace

Back
Top Bottom