What's new

Tale of Tail Choppers.

52f11715636ad563ed7e3e64333c0404.jpg

Each pilot and airman has left the best of him for the successors to inherit alas the legend of the Tail Choppers thrives.:pakistan:

Windie!!! It was expected from you, yet another great thread... It seems that you are following the footsteps of TAIMI Bhai.... a year from now perhaps you will be included in the MODS list:tup:

Windie!!! It was expected from you, yet another great thread... It seems that you are following the footsteps of TAIMI Bhai.... a year from now perhaps you will be included in the MODS list:tup:

My dear, we can all but try and make an effort,
Just hope TK and Webby sir read my articles. :lol:

TK and webby not members like stealth imran and my self sir you just need webby and TK who are moderators and administrators so they give you thanx for this nice work so you dont consider our thanc too much for you any way inice job windjammer without you it wasen't even possible i say it from bottom of my heart really true and nice work.

TK and webby not members like stealth imran and my self sir you just need webby and TK who are moderators and administrators so they give you thanx for this nice work so you dont consider our thanc too much for you any way inice job windjammer without you it wasen't even possible i say it from bottom of my heart really true and nice work.

Thanks a million buddy, it means a lot. :partay:

71390227e72dc1101e87002eb932c7a7.jpg

The painting shows 2 of the 5 Dhaka-based F-86 Sabres attacking the IAF bomber station at Kalaikunda. The Sabre pilots, quickly overcoming their initial surprise at finding so many bombers neatly lined up, wasted no time in making the best of it. Formation leader was Squadron Leader Shabbir H Syed with Flight Lieutenants Abdul Baseer, Tariq Habib, Abdul Haleem and Flying Officer Afzal Khan in his formation.

In his memoirs written after the 1965 India-Pakistan War, Air Chief Marshal P C Lal, Chief of the Air Staff, IAF, conceded the losses suffered by the IAF during this daring attack. He wrote:"A sharp lesson ... was taught by the PAF in an attack on an IAF base near Kharagpur (Kalaikunda). In one raid that it mounted, it destroyed several Canberra bombers and Hunter fighters aircraft on the ground."

84d56588dfcbdeec8c3bad7c0e18d57e.jpg

4 F-86Fs, from No 14 Squadron Dhaka, strike IAF Base, Bagdogra. Four enemy aircraft were destroyed on ground and damage inflicted on the ATC building and hangars.

Pilots

Leader : Squadron Leader Shabbir H Syed
No. 2 : Flying Officer Salim
No. 3 : Flight Lieutenant Farooq F Khan (later CAS, PAF)
No. 4 : Flight Lieutenant Hasan Akhtar

50fa35a8286493f0273ea49bb11ace74.jpg

This was a joint services operation carried out at Bhairab Bazar where the largest and the only leftover reserves of food grain were preserved in the silos. The silos were located at the bank of the river and were occupied by the Indian infiltrators. The storage was recaptured after a well coordinated attack by the three forces. The Pak Navy brought the army troops in the small makeshift boats, mostly with outboard engines and fitted with machine guns. (The larger boats could not operate in this area because of the shallow water). The F-86s from No 14 Squadron Dhaka strafed and rocketed the strong hold of the enemy, while the army moved forward. The army heliborne contingent was led by the late Brigadier Tariq Mehmood, affectionately known as "T. M.", who was then a Major.

Mission Leader Squadron Leader Abbas Khattak
No. 2 Flight Lieutenant Khalid Mehmood Khalid
No. 3 Flying Officer Shafqat Mehmood
No. 4 Flying Officer Qazi Javed

Back
Top Bottom