What's new

Taiwanese Investors in China in Trouble

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
Bankruptcy threatens 30 percent of them, while China adds missiles
TAIPEI, Taiwan–Most Taiwanese investors in China lost money in 2012, according to Tsai De-sheng, Director of the National Security Bureau in Taiwan. He said 30 percent of Taiwanese investors are facing bankruptcy, and another 30 percent are struggling. Tsai gave the figures during a session of the Taiwanese legislature’s Diplomacy and National Defense Committee meetings, according to the Taiwan-based United Daily News.

The Daily News also reported that China wants to have a bigger political influence in Taiwan. It reported that the National Security Bureau stated that China is dissatisfied that there is only economic exchange but no political exchange between the two. It wants to negotiate political changes with Taiwan, which it officially regards as a renegade province. Taiwan regards itself as a sovereign nation.

Democratic Progressive Party legislator Chiu Yi-ying asked Tsai why the Taiwanese government is silent about the risks of doing business with China, the United Daily News reported. She said the Ma Ying-Jiu administration and the Mainland Affairs Council promote investment in China, but she wondered why. “Does everything have to go back to Mainland China?”

Chiu said she thinks the government should speak about the risks of investing in China, instead of just the benefits. She said, “Our businessmen are faced with bankruptcy and even personal safety threats. We are unable to protect them,” the United Daily News reported.
She also described a concern more serious than an economic risk to investors. China has been adding missiles potentially to be used against Taiwan. The number grew from 1,400 to 1,600, according to the Daily News.

Tsai replied that the rate of missile buildup has slowed, but according to Chiu, a slower increase does not mean safety. She called on the National Security Bureau to get details about China’s missiles aimed at Taiwan, and release the information to the public.

P. K. Chiang, outgoing Chairman of the Straits Exchange Foundation, said that he has reminded Taiwanese businessmen that life in China depends on human relationships, according to the Daily News. Taiwanese businessmen need to be familiar with local laws and the investment environment. They need to be careful in order not to be taken advantage of.

Tsai said that everyone knows that investment in China is both a risk and an opportunity, but recently the risks have been worse.

Taiwanese Investors in China in Trouble | Business & Economy | China | Epoch Times

internal politics playing out. not much to it to be honest.
it is always a risk doing business in a foreign nation, tw businessmen have been able to handle the conditions in the past, no reason they cant continue to do so.

"LOL another Epoch Times story!"

"Don't laugh, it's a bible to some''.

LOL state media propaganda sheep only like grass fed news from Chinese state media:lol:

internal politics playing out. not much to it to be honest.
it is always a risk doing business in a foreign nation, tw businessmen have been able to handle the conditions in the past, no reason they cant continue to do so.

When you have 60% of investors in the hole , it's not the norm.

Tsai De-sheng, Director of the National Security Bureau in Taiwan. He said 30 percent of Taiwanese investors are facing bankruptcy, and another 30 percent are struggling.

LOL state media propaganda sheep only like grass fed news from Chinese state media:lol:

Compare to your counterpart, Mr Korean, you simply don't have what it take to bash China. Perhaps you should pay him a handsome retainer to guide you where to look to dig for dirt. A person that sees his limitation still has hopes, after all.

So, what do you want to get from the thread opened by JayAtl?
I bet that he is a high class caste! a ignorant indian on china, just google the anti-china news, then post it here all day, that's all!

Compare to your counterpart, Mr Korean, you simply don't have what it take to bash China. Perhaps you should pay him a handsome retainer to guide you where to look to dig for dirt. A person that sees his limitation still has hopes, after all.

:toast_sign:, I noticed the sheep has moved from being grass fed by the propaganda state media to going " Bah bah" and complaining about the "mean" OP. sniff

I bet that he is a high class caste! a ignorant indian on china, just google the anti-china news, then post it here all day, that's all!

I want to post an article not unlike any others post articles here- while you want to join the poster of greatest bigots on PDF :)

I don't make anti china news I just report news... I did not make the news that China said no SARS ever took place in China. I just post it. I don't make the news that China propaganda calls a WOK an AC that can't even land an aircraft on it- I just post the article that speaks to it...

I don't make a blind man escape your great military guards, I just report it.

YOU Chinese can't handle the truth don't come on international forums...sit at home and watch your premier prancing on the the deck of a ship where they forget what the "A" in AC stands for..

I even posted a positive Chinese news and you Chinese trolled in it because it included the word India in it. http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ndia-consumer-spending-triple-2020-study.html
:china:

Very low quality threads and his writing skill, not that mine's any better, needs some fine tuning from his compatriot, Mr enemy. No wonder people say American's middle school system is going down the drain.

Feel free to start a topic about it. after you have eaten away at Hong Kong like a locust

The way you talk, it sounds like you have made the rounds on the streets of Atlanta in your younger days. It was rough huh?

Oh BTW why don't you make both of your flags American, you're embarrass the hell out of the Indian nationals here.

In America they shoot Indians on a regular basis. The recent Sikh Temple shooting being the obvious example.

In China they kill tourists with their high quality buses...of course we all know that there is no shootings in China or killings. The propaganda media makes sure that sheep are kept well informed.

Football night here... have fun in my thread.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom