What's new

Survey: Most Israeli Jews would support apartheid regime in Israel

If anything, Lebanon is more deserving to the title of multicultural society than is Israel. And it doesn't discriminate among citizens the way Israel does. Lebanon's worst sin is still the fact that it gives more weight to Christian than to Muslim votes. But I doubt that is what you have in mind when you denounce Lebanon as apartheid, considering your own extremist rhetoric against Muslims.

But Lebanon does none of the things below against Lebanese citizens only because of religion, and that is something your selected, shallow, feel-good articles by paid propagandists don't refute:

Written by Sarah Schulman, Jewish LGBT activist:

- Property:

Israel has no constitution or any law guaranteeing individual liberties. All the base documents focus on ensuring the Jewish character of the state and privileging Jewish institutions. So, Arab Israeli citizens' land and homes are often viewed as non-residential property. So their homes and land are regularly seized to construct Jewish settlements, or to give housing to Jews.
East Jerusalem residents often have their citizenship revoked to make way for land appropriation.

No land had been revoked since 1967 and those in 1967 and 1948 were done because of the war. I assume you are reffering to the state seizing lands in order to build roads and other infrastructure, and in that case the seizing of land is not restricted and done only to arab villigaes buy also kibbutz and jewish cities.
When has any Jewish citizen of Israel gotten their citizenship revoked because the state wanted their property?
No arab or others have ever been revoked of citizenship because the state wanted land or property

- Education:

There are segregated educational systems. Palestinians attend different schools than Jews. If a Palestinian should make it into an Israeli University, no courses are offered in Arabic, including Arabic Literature.

Their is no racial segregation of the education system the segregation is geographical as it should be, students in arab villages study in the village schools, students in jewish kibbutz study at the kibbutz school, students in jewish cities study at jewish the schools in the city.
I agree that their is a racial discrimination in the universities but one that pro arab and as such against jews. Israeli arab criterion for the academia is lower then jewish one (the computer science department for example in one of the universities requires a minimum 680 SAT exam and GPA of 100 results from jewish students but only 640 SAT and 92 GPA from arab ones).
also there are more scholarships for arabs and other minorities than to jews.

- Language:

Use of Arabic road signs are banned in cities that that government determines are "mixed."

No longer relevent since supreme court rule number 4112/99 states that all mixed cities signing will be in both hebrew and arabic

- Marriage Rights:

Palestinian citizens of Israel cannot confer citizenship on their partners who are not already Israeli citizens, through marriage. Jews have this right.

Not correct. if the jewish Israeli spouse is not jewish then he will not get Israeli citizenship to.
the right for Israeli cizitenship is given to all jews no matter where they are.

- Identification:

Palestinian citizens of Israel have asterisks on their passports that Jews do not have.

No longer relevant since 2004 I belive

- Free Speech:

The new "Boycott Law" prohibits citizens of Israel from supporting the nonviolence economic boycott of Israeli state sponsored institutions.

Again not true, any private citizen in Israel be it jew or not can protest on about anything in Israel. this specific law says that any governemnt funded organization that promote boycots on Israel will no longer get government fundation, It can however, continue to promote boycots without government funding , A law that is perfectly logical.

- Employment:

Priority in employment is given to veterans, and Palestinians are prohibited from serving in the army, and so are legally discriminated against in employment. [But even the Druzes, who do serve in the army, don't have better employment rates than other Israeli Arab groups. -- RFS]

Not true, any muslim and christian arab is welcomed to do military service or even national service at say hospitals, the fact is the majority of Israeli arabs CHOOSE not to do so.

- Legal Rights

There are many laws keeping Palestinians who have been arrested from access to speedy trial, fair legal representation and clear charges, all are available to Jews.

One big lie please give source

- Daily Life:

Palestinians are constantly harassed, searched and asked to produce identification, based entirely on race.Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela have testified that Israel's separate systems of rights based on religion meets the definition of Apartheid.

Has absolutely nothing to do with apartheid and separation. Arabs are more prone to searches in say airports because 99.99% of terrorist attacks in Israel are from arabs.
Notes are bolded

@hayalmeshohrar

Lots of BS. Ever heard of Land Day? Land Day is an Israeli Arab commemoration of protests against land confiscation of Arab owners by the Jewish state that took place in 1976 -- that is, almost ten years after the Six-Day War. Are you lying, or are just misinformed about your own country's history? Confiscations still take place till these days, mostly in East Jerusalem, but also in other parts of the country, and it targets all Arabs, even the pro-Zionists among them (the Druze, for example -- Israeli government records show that, in the late 80s, they were still being dispossessed, and more than any other Israeli ethnic group). And I'm not even going to say much of Palestinians without Israeli citizenship: just that about 250,000 of them lost their property rights when Israel arbitrarily revoked them in the 1967-1994 period. Bet there are a lot of Brooklynites happily living in the confiscated lands.

As you see, Israeli Arabs and Palestinians have continued to face dispossession, even after 1967, and even in the abscence of a war context. As for the lands stolen from Palestinians in the 48 and 67 wars, you're confusing cause and effect: the lands weren't stolen as a consequence of the war; quite the contrary, it was the war that was caused by the land stealing. This, even Ben Gurion himself admitted in that famous quote of his: "Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country".

The great and honest Ben Gurion himself was the first to admit that Zionist activists always intended to eventually expand upon the whole of Palestine and make it Jewish: "After the formation of a large army in the wake of the establishment of the state, we shall abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine", he is known to have written on a letter in the late 30s.

And Chaim Weizmann, the first president of Israel, said in the early 20s: “Palestine is to become as Jewish as England is English.”

How could this expulsion, this implantation of an absolute Jewish majority in "the whole of Palestine", be achieved, if not by dispossessing non-Jewish Palestinian natives?

As you see, the land confiscation wasn't just a consequence of the war -- no, it's not that simple. In fact, many peaceful villages are knpwn to have been demolished in 1948 and its inhabitants expelled so as to displace Palestinians and annex their lands. The Zionists always intended to steal Palestinian land, and they had been planning to do so many years before the 48 or the 67 wars -- that's the truth.

As for you, I can only conclude that you are either a liar or just pitifully misinformed about your country's history. And it's not like Israel lacks honest historians, far from it. Many -- Benny Morris, Avi Shlaim, Tom Segev, etc. -- have written on the dispossession of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs. If you deny that historical fact, I see no reason to engage you further. Your are here to spread propaganda, as anyone can see. Why should I bother with the rest of your "arguments"?

@hayalmeshohrar

Lots of BS. Ever heard of Land Day? Land Day is an Israeli Arab commemoration of protests against land confiscation of Arab owners by the Jewish state that took place in 1976 -- that is, almost ten years after the Six-Day War. Are you lying, or are just misinformed about your own country's history? Confiscations still take place till these days, mostly in East Jerusalem, but also in other parts of the country, and it targets all Arabs, even the pro-Zionists among them (the Druze, for example -- Israeli government records show that, in the late 80s, they were still being dispossessed, and more than any other Israeli ethnic group). And I'm not even going to say much of Palestinians without Israeli citizenship: just that about 250,000 of them lost their property rights when Israel arbitrarily revoked them in the 1967-1994 period. Bet there are a lot of Brooklynites happily living in the confiscated lands.

As you see, Israeli Arabs and Palestinians have continued to face dispossession, even after 1967, and even in the abscence of a war context. As for the lands stolen from Palestinians in the 48 and 67 wars, you're confusing cause and effect: the lands weren't stolen as a consequence of the war; quite the contrary, it was the war that was caused by the land stealing. This, even Ben Gurion himself admitted in that famous quote of his: "Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country".

The great and honest Ben Gurion himself was the first to admit that Zionist activists always intended to eventually expand upon the whole of Palestine and make it Jewish: "After the formation of a large army in the wake of the establishment of the state, we shall abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine", he is known to have written on a letter in the late 30s.

And Chaim Weizmann, the first president of Israel, said in the early 20s: “Palestine is to become as Jewish as England is English.”

How could this expulsion, this implantation of an absolute Jewish majority in "the whole of Palestine", be achieved, if not by dispossessing non-Jewish Palestinian natives?

As you see, the land confiscation wasn't just a consequence of the war -- no, it's not that simple. In fact, many peaceful villages are knpwn to have been demolished in 1948 and its inhabitants expelled so as to displace Palestinians and annex their lands. The Zionists always intended to steal Palestinian land, and they had been planning to do so many years before the 48 or the 67 wars -- that's the truth.

As for you, I can only conclude that you are either a liar or just pitifully misinformed about your country's history. And it's not like Israel lacks honest historians, far from it. Many -- Benny Morris, Avi Shlaim, Tom Segev, etc. -- have written on the dispossession of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs. If you deny that historical fact, I see no reason to engage you further. Your are here to spread propaganda, as anyone can see. Why should I bother with the rest of your "arguments"?

in the mid 70s there was an impossible situation where small villages with a population of 1000 like Dir El Assad contorled 8500 acres. all of the so called "confiscated" land were unsued by the villages and no arab houses were destroyed in the proccess. the vast majority of this land were used to built infastracture and housing other were used as firing ranges and military bases.
I see no problem to use a territory that never before in history did anyone lived on it.
By the way the law that Israel used to do this was taken from the Ottoman law that this that if a territory wasent used at all for a certain time the state can reclaim it.
Its a simple case of turning an agricultural rural society to an urban one, it called progress

Back
Top Bottom