What's new

Survey: Most Israeli Jews would support apartheid regime in Israel

I dont see how Arabs are different, and why Israeli's should be held to a different standard.
Semitic peoples are very ethnocentric, and this applies to both Arabs and Jews.

What you just said contradicts what Israelis and Westerners believe. The so called Judeo-Christian values promoted by the Zionist ( both right wing Christians and the Jews ) lumps Jews and christians from the West together. They do not like to lump the Israelis and Arabs together.

While it is wrong to brush an entire society with the actions of a few - I have had the opportunity to interact with some Israeli tourists over the years - in Goa and Rajasthan and most of them have come across as racist. So this survey doesn't surprise me.

I think this kinda hatred towards both Jews and Palestinian people, is the fault of both sides, both of them kill people of the other side. In order to make peace in the middle east, with all due respect but I think we should make a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as the capital city, and the countries next to Israel all claim they love the Palestinian people, so i think in order to test that same love,Jordan, Egypt, and Libanon, should all give some piece of their land to the new state.

They can't defend the Israeli racism, so all they can do is deflect the topic all over the place. Once again, Israel claims moral support in the West because it claims to represent Western values in the Middle East. The reality is just the opposite. They can justify it, deflect it, deny it, but it won't change the reality of what Israel represents.

It is no accident that Israel was the chief military supplier to the apartheid regime in South Africa and why Nelson Mandela called Arafat a "brother in arms" against apartheid.

No one is defending racism. However, the racial profiling/segregation which is what this is about is necessary in Israel in many cases. For example, airport security. Young, Arab Muslims need to be treated differently than Jews or Christians or Hindus for that matter. Not because the practice is appreciable, it is totally not. But that is the demographic from which Israel faces the most danger. And they have been very successful in ensuring security following this controversial practice.

So similarly Israelis might say lets have separate roads or separate schools or apartments or whatever. This is not excusing Israeli racism, racism is not excused. And racism can be found anywhere, be it in Israel, US, India or even Muslim nations.

But the so called "apartheid" accusation has to be taken with a grain of salt. The fact that they segregate on many occassions is true, but WHY they do it is also something one needs to look at. Jews just cant and dont trust the Arabs. As simple as that.

What does war have to do with this?

War creates distrust. The reason for this "apartheid" is because of lack of trust. A lack of trust brought on by war in that region. For 7 decades almost. Not that individuals are all racist in Israel, cuz that will be another racist statement to make. Much like saying ALL Arabs are terrorists for example.

We're discussing the acceptability of apartheid in Israel's society

Its acceptable for security reasons. They have been successful following this principle in ensuring security for the last few decades, so no one can argue with results.

Gedeon Levy is ultra leftist lunatic. I dont see any correlation between his text and survey results displayed on pic.

So similarly Israelis might say lets have separate roads or separate schools or apartments or whatever. This is not excusing Israeli racism, racism is not excused. And racism can be found anywhere, be it in Israel, US, India or even Muslim nations.

Of course racism exists everywhere; it is an unfortunate part of human nature -- some would say biology (The Selfish Gene) -- but the point is that progressive values reject such attitudes, not rationalize them. This is a disturbing, but predicted, trend; leftist Israelis have been warning about precisely these kinds of societal changes for decades.

What you just said contradicts what Israelis and Westerners believe. The so called Judeo-Christian values promoted by the Zionist ( both right wing Christians and the Jews ) lumps Jews and christians from the West together. They do not like to lump the Israelis and Arabs together.

There are some Christians who consider Jews gods chosen and try to identify with Jewish culture. Much like some hardcore muslims Identify more with Arabs and prioritize Arab issues over their nown national concerns.

The fact remains most Jews and Arabs are both of the same linguistic, cultural and genetic grouping.

The fact that Arabs are more likely than Jews to attack Western interests and diplomats influences their support for Jews.

Why should anyone even bother about that? Jews were forced into exile by the Romans, at a time there was no notion of international law. Jewish whining about Palestine shouldn't have been heard, specially because it would entail the persecution of Palestine's truly native inhabitants, who had nothing to do with the Jews' exodus to begin with. Tell me, would you agree with Canadian natives' claim (if there was one) to expel all Canadians of immigrant-descent -- or at least enough of them so the natives can become a majority again -- because that's their historic homeland, like Palestine supposedly is to Jews?
Yep Palestinian claims are even more absurd than claims of native Canadians. Since both native Canadians and Palestinians never had any state, but unlike white Canadians Jews have long roots in this land.

The large majority of Mizrahi Jews -- according to many Jewish scholars, like Avi Shlaim, Yehouda Shenhav, etc. -- left those lands for Israel because they wanted to, mostly due to economic issues and secondly to ethnic/religious nationalism. Persecution and discrimination played but a minor role in the exodus movement. It should be said that legal equality was mostly guaranteed. To give one example, Jews in the Magreb never came to experience the discrimination suffered by Jews in their colonial master (France) during the Vichy years, and this was only because Arab rulers (e.g., Mohammed V) shielded them and saw that Jews wouldn't be discriminated against, like France was demanding then.
Jews of all Arab countries were terribly discriminated. Only under Fremch rule treatment of Jews improved.

Gedeon Levy is ultra leftist lunatic. I dont see any correlation between his text and survey results displayed on pic.

Then you're an idiot, it doesn't get more complicated than that.

Yep Palestinian claims are even more absurd than claims of native Canadians. Since both native Canadians and Palestinians never had any state, but unlike white Canadians Jews have long roots in this land.

Having a right to one's lands has nothing to do with having a nationality or living in a country. My home is mine because it was passed onto me by my late father -- period. I don't need to have some nationality to have a legitimate claim over my land, and the same is true about both native Canadians and Palestinians. Property rights have nothing to do with politics or nationality. Your argument is so ridiculous, that not even the White supremacists adopt it to whitewash the colonization of the Americas -- only Israelis are silly enough to employ this BS.

As for Jews having "ties" to Palestine -- 2,000 years ago, really? I would suppose that, by now, Jews would have absorbed many character traits of the nations among whom they had been living. One can in fact find many negative statements by Zionist officials, in early Israeli history, about Levantine culture and identying themselves as Europeans.

Anyway, mankind is supposed to have originated in, and expanded from, the Horn of Africa. If Jews can return to Palestine, then all 7 bn humans should have a right to return to Ethiopia. Sounds absurd? So does your argument.

I'm shocked at Indians in this forum, they have an ill mentality, I think I could see them being a colony of Israel in the future

don't worry. Before that we will become slave of USA by taking Membership of NATO just like an Asian country did.

Btw who's that Asian country?

You don't know about only Asian NATO member? That's pathetic. Btw. Take a hint, she acted as America's Cuba during cold war against soviet union and still possess American nuclear bomb but don't know how to explode it.

Indians are defending Israel aggressively, vigorously more then they will defend India lol

India and Israel have very good relations both in trade and in strategic military cooperation. Infact India did not recognize Israel as a legitimate state till 1991, but we had covert relations through our intelligence agencies. So it is a friendship cultivated over 50 years. And Israel and India face almost the same issues when it comes to cross border terrorism. Hence the support.

You might as well want to drop your rhetoric about "colonies" and such. That doesnt relate to this thread and it amounts to blatant disrespect and trolling.

Indeed. Saudi Arabia has separate roads for Muslims and Non Muslims even though they dont face any existential threats. But oh no, that isnt a problem, only when its the evil Jews it is :lol:

Take a look:

k2BHb.jpg
Its because only Muslims can visit Makkah.

Back
Top Bottom