What's new

Superiority of the assault rifle AK-74M over American M16

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Russian experts claim to have proven the superiority of the assault rifle AK-74M over American M16

The following conclusions were drawn to test for five days to two rifles, like, to determine the degree of correspondence to the rules of Russian Defense Ministry. Tests with AK-74 rifles, the modern version of the legendary AK-47, not cleaned or grease and after a fall to 1.2 meters high, concluded, according to the head of designs Central Research Institute of Precision Engineering (TsNIITochmash), Vladimir Lepin, that "the Russian rifle topped by its operating features American rifle" Russian news agency Ria Novosti.

According Lepin, "the M16 jammed during testing of dust and sand. Instead, the AK-74M successfully passed these and other tests and showed better results in accuracy and drilling." The assault rifle AK-74 is an update of the AK-47, which was developed in 1974, and has a smaller caliber (5.45 x 39 mm), weighs 3.3 to 3.6 kg, measures 943 mm long, with a rate of fire of 600-650 rounds / minute, an effective range of 500 meters and a 30 round magazine.

The AK-74M is the updated version of the AK-74, manufactured by Izhmash plant incorporates a GP-34 grenade launcher under the barrel, has folding plastic butt allows mounting an optical sight or electronic

Kalashnikov AK-12

The Russian company Izhmash plans, on the other hand, conclude the approval tests of the new Kalashnikov AK-12 in the first half of 2013 and then begin series production. According to the firm's chief designer Vladimir Zlobin, "from the AK-12 is created a wide range of pistols, assault rifles and machine guns for the troops and special forces units."

Russian President Vladimir Putin, supports the idea of ​​merging plants and Izhmech Izhmash weapons in the Russian city of Izhevsk, under the single brand of "Kalashnikov"

Expertos rusos afirman haber probado la superioridad del fusil de asalto AK-74M sobre el estadounidense M16

AK74 is indeed more reliable than the stoner platform, but then again the rifle doesn't seem to have any development brought to it. In my opinion the galil 5.56 is a good comparison platform to the m16.

AK74 although is more reliable, still has off axis bolt carrier movement, causing muzzle climb, it's significantly lesser than the akm/ak47 but still is an issue. Also I have failed to understand the fascination with sights in front of the dustcover, when they can easily mount em behind the dust cover like the galil increasing the open sight accuracy, I am not a big fan of 5.45 round, it's even weaker than the 5.56Nato, but supposedly it tumbles more in the flesh creating far more damage.

Russians need to catch up to the modular rifle system and multi barrel systems that are being fielded around the world.

Even i read somewhere that it was too usual jamming of M4 in Iraq. AK reliability is incomparable.

Back
Top Bottom