What's new

Sukhoi pitches SuperJet to Iranian carriers with offer of partial manufacturing in Iran

Daneshmand

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Sukhoi pitches SuperJet to Iranian carriers

Sukhoi Civil Aircraft (Moscow Zhukovsky) has held talks with Iranian operators Caspian Airlines (IV,Tehran Mehrabad), Kish Air (Y9, Tehran Mehrabad), and Zagros Airlines (Iran) (ZV, Abadan) concerning the possible sale of the manufacturer's SSJ 100-95 regional jet.

“Iranian aviation companies are interested in having it since it is a very low-cost aircraft while there is no Airbus in the 100-seat size,” Iranian Vice-President for Science and Technology, Dr. Sorena Sattari, was quoted by the Fars News Agency at the MAKS Airshow at Moscow Zhukovsky last week.

Earlier this year, the president of the United Aircraft Corporation, Yuri Slusar, said the Iranians were looking to acquire 'dozens' of Superjets to satisfy local demand. Russia has indicated it may permit the Iranians to localize a part of the SuperJet's production should it purchase the jet.

The sale of the aircraft, however, is contingent on sanctions currently imposed on Iran, being uplifted as in its current configuration, the SuperJet contains a host of Western-designed technology including a fly-by-wire flight control system designed by Liebherr, an integrated avionics suite made by Thales, and a high-pressure-ratio engine core provided by Snecma.

As such, Moscow is now pushing Sukhoi to redesign the jet albeit using locally manufactured components. In addition to stimulating local industries and removing the country's reliance on the West, the move is also expected to drive the overall cost of the Rouble-denominated Superjet down thus making it a more appealing prospect to customers, particularly those in emerging markets.

Well, that can be negotiated. If they send someone like Zarif to negotiate, then good things can happen. If they send someone like Jalili then you can bet that nothing will get through.
If we send zarif, he will agrees to not reverse engineer anything, and to gain their trust he will halt the whole R&D in Iran. Also he agrees to not overhaul any other jets, and in return of all of these Russian would come to Iran to asseble the jets for us.

Well, that can be negotiated. If they send someone like Zarif to negotiate, then good things can happen. If they send someone like Jalili then you can bet that nothing will get through.

Jalili wasn't the foreign minister during Ahmadenijad's time. He was in charge of nuclear negotiations. The foreign minister was Salehi.

The only "foreign minister" position he held was being "Deputy for European & American Affairs" between '05 and '07, and I don't think that's a position that has a huge impact. The current person for that position is Majid Takht-Ravanchi, who i honestly don't know who he is.

What I am saying is that it is unfair to criticize Jalili for a position he has never held.

i think Iran will start the basic part to be made in Iran
slowly gradually move up the ladder

If we send zarif, he will agrees to not reverse engineer anything, and to gain their trust he will halt the whole R&D in Iran. Also he agrees to not overhaul any other jets, and in return of all of these Russian would come to Iran to asseble the jets for us.
If we send jalili he forget to negotiate at all and bore them by 48 hours of talk about relation between qajar Iran and Romanov dynasty.

Jalili wasn't the foreign minister during Ahmadenijad's time. He was in charge of nuclear negotiations. The foreign minister was Salehi.

The only "foreign minister" position he held was being "Deputy for European & American Affairs" between '05 and '07, and I don't think that's a position that has a huge impact. The current person for that position is Majid Takht-Ravanchi, who i honestly don't know who he is.

What I am saying is that it is unfair to criticize Jalili for a position he has never held.
He was in position to negotiate on nuclear dispute and he did a bad job on that.

Why would you order garbage when you can have airbus? That superjet is trash and evryone knows that. Its only ordered from poor nations who cant afford better and even auerbaijan cancelled all orders and switched to A320. I saw in Iran, that they want quality, if they order this, they will fall back in 3rd world status and iran deserves better.ä
Getting good planes was a mayor aspect for iran to make a deal with the west.

Superjet need money and market...both.

Why would you order garbage when you can have airbus? That superjet is trash and evryone knows that. Its only ordered from poor nations who cant afford better and even auerbaijan cancelled all orders and switched to A320. I saw in Iran, that they want quality, if they order this, they will fall back in 3rd world status and iran deserves better.ä
Getting good planes was a mayor aspect for iran to make a deal with the west.
Guess you mean Airbus a320-neo as a320 is to old on design to offer much more than superjet-100
By the way do you think it's rational to compare these two plane won't you think it's like comparing A-10 with Mig-25.
Also what part of the plane is outdated as I'm aware majority of the equipment are of western origin and only the design is Russian.

Also you must understand not all of our flight will have 200 passenger and we need something for regional flight with about 100 on a plane.

Guess you mean Airbus a320-neo as a320 is to old on design to offer much more than superjet-100
By the way do you think it's rational to compare these two plane won't you think it's like comparing A-10 with Mig-25.
Also what part of the plane is outdated as I'm aware majority of the equipment are of western origin and only the design is Russian.

Also you must understand not all of our flight will have 200 passenger and we need something for regional flight with about 100 on a plane.

I ask you...why would iran want to buy russian trash when it can have better from us? Our A320 system is perfect for irans inland flights and routes with less capacity can be done by embraer or bombardier.

I will give you a more detailled answer this evening. I hate to type on my phone...i cut the neo off, because i avoid evry letter i can. ;)

I ask you...why would iran want to buy russian trash when it can have better from us? Our A320 system is perfect for irans inland flights and routes with less capacity can be done by embraer or bombardier.

I will give you a more detailled answer this evening. I hate to type on my phone...i cut the neo off, because i avoid evry letter i can. ;)
How safe are the A320 or Airbus as a whole ? I think Boeing 777 is suited for routes like Tehran-Mashad.

Ontopic : We negotiated with the West for years just to buy more Russian crap ? Doesnt make sense. We need to order big stuff from Airbus and Boeing.

How safe are the A320 or Airbus as a whole ? I think Boeing 777 is suited for routes like Tehran-Mashad.
777 is a long-range wide-body plane with 350-450 passenger capacity, you shure it would be economic for domestic flights?

Another problem is that long-range planes shouldnt be used on short routes because material fatigue might appear on its hull which again means more inspection = expensive.

Long-haul flights
A long-haul flight lasts from six to twelve hours and is typically made by a wide-body aircraft, such as Boeing 767, Boeing 777, Boeing 787, McDonnell Douglas DC-10, Airbus A330, Airbus A340, Airbus A380 or Boeing 747. The flight length typically requires over six and a half hours to cover[5] and is often a non-stop flight. Only a few narrow-body aircraft, such as the Boeing 757, have true long-haul capability. These aircraft are commonly used on secondary transatlantic routes. Domestic flights can be long-haul in larger countries.

Ontopic : We negotiated with the West for years just to buy more Russian crap ? Doesnt make sense. We need to order big stuff from Airbus and Boeing.

Because we can't even build these Russian craps ...
I don't like Russians but we have no place to name Russian's Air plane as "junk, Garbage , Craps and etc..." ...

Back
Top Bottom