What's new

Substitute of Bangladeshi rivers?

Lighting_Fighter

Reaction score
India is putting dam on every river that enters to bangladesh through india. One after another river is dying. Water level, under ground, dissapearing too. It is obvious, seeing Padma, if nothing is done, Green bangladesh will turn desert bangladesh. What is the substitute of water? I once suggested here on this forum that we should take a mega project to suck water from Bay of Bengal to those part that will not see natural water for only personal use, No irrigation no. We may as well turn our farmers and fishermen something that will give them livelihood. I read a hadith. I don't know how authentic it is. It just said green lands at the end of time will be desert and vice versa. So what are our substitute? We often use a phrase in bangla- if one door closes, Allah opens seven doors. Can we, yes we, make dams so that when india releases water, we hold it for good timing? What comes to my mind is that what is under our ground? Can we go massive mining projects through out the country that will give us our country to live prosperous like middle east? Because, numerous times Allah said in Qur'an that all things we see are Allah's. Allah is ever bountiful. I believe that Allah will never forsake us. So what could be our substitute?

Using sea water is not possible since desalination is very costly and the technology is not economically viable and won't meet the
demand for 160 million people. We can make dams though to prevent floods and may set up sewage treatment plants to recycle
waste water.We should go for water saving techs and agricultural methods that uses less water. And last but not least we can go to UN to get our fair share of water from our next door dadas. Not sure if it would
work but then we can get some amount of water. Something is batter than nothing right.

Do you have water problem in Bangladesh??
India is building dams in himalayas but thats for producing hydro electricity heck even China is doing it.
For water conservstion Rain water harvesting is good option you can also build dams.

just give us transit and avoid anti india activities.we will ensure every drop of water for BD.
:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

India is putting dam on every river that enters to bangladesh through india. One after another river is dying. Water level, under ground, dissapearing too. It is obvious, seeing Padma, if nothing is done, Green bangladesh will turn desert bangladesh. What is the substitute of water? I once suggested here on this forum that we should take a mega project to suck water from Bay of Bengal to those part that will not see natural water for only personal use, No irrigation no. We may as well turn our farmers and fishermen something that will give them livelihood. I read a hadith. I don't know how authentic it is. It just said green lands at the end of time will be desert and vice versa. So what are our substitute? We often use a phrase in bangla- if one door closes, Allah opens seven doors. Can we, yes we, make dams so that when india releases water, we hold it for good timing? What comes to my mind is that what is under our ground? Can we go massive mining projects through out the country that will give us our country to live prosperous like middle east? Because, numerous times Allah said in Qur'an that all things we see are Allah's. Allah is ever bountiful. I believe that Allah will never forsake us. So what could be our substitute?

International courts are open for every one

And where are official figure for this stupid article ???

Just come with gov data or F*** Off

Using sea water is not possible since desalination is very costly and the technology is not economically viable and won't meet the
demand for 160 million people. We can make dams though to prevent floods and may set up sewage treatment plants to recycle
waste water.We should go for water saving techs and agricultural methods that uses less water. And last but not least we can go to UN to get our fair share of water from our next door dadas. Not sure if it would
work but then we can get some amount of water. Something is batter than nothing right.

Read carefully. I didn't say for 160 million people the water. I said where most needed. Rain water is a plus point. But depending on India which broke itz word thousand times and wanting like a begger again again is not a smart move. So I want to say is that we must think of substitute. We may come up with something. We can learn from middle east, who earn otherwise beside selling oil. We should stop begging for water to india and think about substitute. But yes there will always be a trying to get water from them.

Bangla allows India to erect barbed wire fencingBangla allows India to erect barbed wire fencing

Agartala: Bangladesh has agreed to allow India to erect barbed wire fencing on the zero line in some selected places but turned down India's proposal to construct the fencing in entirety, Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar told the state Assembly on Monday.

Replying to a question asked by opposition Congress member, Gopal Roy, if the state government had asked the Central government to take up with Bangladesh so that fencing could be constructed on the zero line, the chief minister said the neighbouring country had agreed to allow India to erect barbed wire fencing on the zero line in some selected places only.

To adhere to India-Mujib pact and guidelines formulated in 1975 for border management, India constructed fencing 150 yards away from the zero line to check smuggling, illegal migration and cross border movement of Indian insurgents.

The Chief Minister, who is also the Home Minister, said many district and subdivisional towns, markets, Agartala airport have fallen within 150 yards of the Indo-Bangla international border.

He said at least 50,000 people of 8,750 families were affected as their agricultural and homestead lands fell on other side of the fencing.

Read carefully. I didn't say for 160 million people the water. I said where most needed. Rain water is a plus point. But depending on India which broke itz word thousand times and wanting like a begger again again is not a smart move. So I want to say is that we must think of substitute. We may come up with something. We can learn from middle east, who earn otherwise beside selling oil. We should stop begging for water to india and think about substitute. But yes there will always be a trying to get water from them.

Water saving tech can help. New methods of irrigation can save a lot of water. Usage of rain water is also a option and we also
need to implement modern landscape planning in our future cities. Thanks to concrete buildings water get clogged and can't
sink below ground and our ground water level is depleting fast. And we can't implement Saudi model, they have petrodollars
and have far less population. If we can indutrilise fast like S.korea then it may be possible. Singapore is a bright example of
how a country can manage its water effectively.On top of suffering water terrorism we waste a lot of water thanks to poor
water management.

Water saving tech can help. New methods of irrigation can save a lot of water. Usage of rain water is also a option and we also
need to implement modern landscape planning in our future cities. Thanks to concrete buildings water get clogged and can't
sink below ground and our ground water level is depleting fast. And we can't implement Saudi model, they have petrodollars
and have far less population. If we can indutrilise fast like S.korea then it may be possible. Singapore is a bright example of
how a country can manage its water effectively.On top of suffering water terrorism we waste a lot of water thanks to poor
water management.

Now What is the plan of Bangladeshi gov? What are the bangladeshi experts saying in this regard? Anyone know?

Water can be bigger weapon than Atom Bomb.....save water....:D

The answer lies in not letting sweet water flow into the sea.

We shall have to think of a way to divert rivers from near their mouths ( Deltas maybe) inland through a network of canals.

Sure it will cost but it will ensure water does not flow needlessly into the sea.

We shall have to think of a way to divert rivers from near their mouths ( Deltas maybe) inland through a network of canals.

Sure it will cost but it will ensure water does not flow needlessly into the sea.

Good point.

Very stupid argument to say the least.
There are number of indian rivers falls into sea. Why india does not do the same?

Very stupid argument to say the least.
There are number of indian rivers falls into sea. Why india does not do the same?
India is doing exactly that, and you guys come up with thread after thread.

I hope you are not suggesting by that India should divert water from south India to east India right?

Rivers Water must go down to sea ... its very important for eco system .. we humans have fcuked this planet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom