What's new

Strategy World reports on the exclusive JF-17 package for RSAF

they don't really need another fighter other then a new single engine jet for yemen type of operations. unless they plan on buying a 5th generation fighter.

so in the single engine market they are left with, f16, gripen or jf17.

Gripen is a dud because of the numerous manufacturers you have to deal with to get maintainance and systems, f16 the best and most advance but will have to deal with sanctions and possibly a kill switch. so jf17 becomes their only and most beneficial option

JF-17 will not be bought by the Saudis because they need an aircraft for Yemen. Archangel fills that role very well, and after Yemen ,can be used for Border control. JF-17 would be an overkill for that purpose.

I am not sure why won't they go for f16's but anyway good luck.

Because the Saudis don't want to put all their of eggs in the Western basket. I don't know whether you have followed Trump lately? It remains to be seen though whether the Saudis are serious enough to buy the JF-17.

Last edited:
IF KSA buys the JF-17, my gut feeling is that they will go for other hardware as well. It won't just stop at this.

If they buy JFT then it's package it self will be something which west won't offer KSA, specially standoff munitions.

What else they may be interested in from Pakistan?

Saudis are renowned wasting money on in reliable western weapons

Major difference between US Abram and Iraqi Abram a prime example

Nope, windy, you cant convince me that SAAUUDS are going to guy the thunder. I'll believe it when i see it. I have a ligitimate reason not to believe.

The way they screwed an almost sealed deal i.e. the Alkhalids, while HIT was making arrangements to ship the first batch, i was shocked!

It would be better for PAC to force them to sign a guarantee that theyll not cancel the contract midway, if not, just hush them away.

It makes sense for our Saudi brothers to be involved in manufacturing partnerships and defence pacts with Pakistan. Much could be achieved, KSA have realised they have been taken for a ride with the second rate Western weapons systems which are frequently overly priced, require expensive support packages and require experts to maintain them who are potential enemies of KSA.

I was so wrong,you are a 3 year old.
Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

The kid is actually fifteen and talks more mature than me when I was 35. Please somebody send him chocolates and candy.

Zain, now say sorry to your uncles.

Sorry, could not resist. Just ignore me now. Going back under my rock.

Hifz u kum Allah

Because the Saudis don't want to put all their of eggs in the Western basket. I don't know whether you have followed Trump lately? It remains to be seen though whether the Saudis are serious enough to buy the JF-17.
Mr. Trump has already asked them to sell their US bonds to the institutional buyers and get the hell out of the USA and not to show their sorry faces again. With Rudi Giuliani being tipped for Attorney General they better do it fast...

I am not sure why won't they go for f16's but anyway good luck.

KSA's economy is suffering a lot. So buying F-16's at the current price tag would mean for every F-16 block 60+, they can probably buy 2-3 JFT's with AESA, BVR, etc. The JFT offers about 75-80% capability in block III vs. the F-16 block 60+, for like 35-40% of the price.

However, they do prefer the F-15's over the F-16's. But its just missions in Yemen that are against the Rebels and don't require expensive jets like the F-15 and the EFT's to be flying round the clock.

These would give them a secondary platform and a cheaper one where their pilots can clock plenty of flying hours without having to worry about cost, etc. Thanks

Mr. Trump has already asked them to sell their US bonds to the institutional buyers and get the hell out of the USA and not to show their sorry faces again. With Rudi Giuliani being tipped for Attorney General they better do it fast...

Sir, is this one of those conspiracy theories or you actually know this? Please cite a source. Giuliani isn't anti-Muslim, but he would have strong feelings as he was the mayor of NY. And one of the KSA's kings showed up to visit the NY, gave him a $ 10 million check and made some weird derogatory statements, on which, he pretty much shove that check back in his face. Anyone would do it. You don't go to a funeral and start singing your songs when others are crying. Thanks

KSA's economy is suffering a lot. So buying F-16's at the current price tag would mean for every F-16 block 60+, they can probably buy 2-3 JFT's with AESA, BVR, etc. The JFT offers about 75-80% capability in block III vs. the F-16 block 60+, for like 35-40% of the price.

However, they do prefer the F-15's over the F-16's. But its just missions in Yemen that are against the Rebels and don't require expensive jets like the F-15 and the EFT's to be flying round the clock.

These would give them a secondary platform and a cheaper one where their pilots can clock plenty of flying hours without having to worry about cost, etc. Thanks

Sir, is this one of those conspiracy theories or you actually know this? Please cite a source. Giuliani isn't anti-Muslim, but he would have strong feelings as he was the mayor of NY. And one of the KSA's kings showed up to visit the NY, gave him a $ 10 million check and made some weird derogatory statements, on which, he pretty much shove that check back in his face. Anyone would do it. You don't go to a funeral and start singing your songs when others are crying. Thanks
I think it's Trumps comment on the KSA threat to get their 700b out following the bill making them liable for lawsuit by 9/11 families. He said that the US institutional buyers would be making money if the KSA does it. As for Mayor Guiliani, I know that he's not anti-Muslim..

Back
Top Bottom