What's new

Straight Outta Sibbi: This Tea Seller Rapper Could Be Pakistan’s Eminem

SherDil

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
It takes only about 1% talent and 99% hard work to succeed. Such has been the case with one Balochi boy named Abid, who knows nothing about reading and writing, but somehow has trained himself to rap effortlessly in the streets of Sibbi.

He used to sell tea to make a living. And now, after being discovered by Pakistan’s answer to Spotify, Patari, it seems that Abid has given Pakistan’s music industry a lot of positive buzz.

Patari Tabeer has released a video featuring Abid and SomewhatSuper which is currently trending on social media.

About Rapper Abid Brohi
Abid has not learned any of what he has been winning hearts with. His voice is a bit raw currently. He’s not too sure about his body language and style for which he draws inspiration from Bohemia (a well-known Pakistani rapper).

But what he lacks in experience, he has made up for with his awesome vocals. For his first duet, he has partnered with the chart-topping SomeWhatSuper.

abid-baloch.jpg

Here is the link to his song that is setting the Pakistani music scene and social networks on notice.

Abid’s journey has become inspiration for more of such talented individuals coming forward. There are many diamonds in the rough and Abid is one lucky diamond who has been identified. There are many others, some of whom will be featured in Patari Tabeer series.

What is Patari Tabeer?
Patari Tabeer series is an initiative to explore the hidden singing talent in the country. Patari introduces it as:

Patari Tabeer is the culmination of six dreams. We brought together voices from those areas of Pakistan that the mainstream forgets about, and paired them with top producers to make six amazing songs. They include a sweeper from Islamabad, a rapper from Lyari, a peon from Sukkur, a tea-seller from Sibbi, a young girl from Peshawar and nomadic singers from inner Sindh.

Abid’s song is the first in the series of Patari Tabeer, which is going to look at the most unlikeliest of places to find Pakistani music talent.

https://propakistani.pk/2017/01/16/straight-outta-sibbi-tea-seller-rapper-pakistans-eminem/

This wasnt rap, it was crap. Even as far as raw talent goes, the guy was off-key and out of tune and had no heart. Okay, maybe he needs some production but have you heard Eminem raw and unplugged? The guy is a lyrical genius. And hip hop is a purely African American phenomena that has roots in the Blues. You just cant reproduce that in any other context. Een British hip hop bands sound shit.The best hip hop bands in the world are all Black and American and for a reason. Can you imagine a Black man singing 'ragas'? LOL! Or even heavy metal. How many heavy metal artists are Black? I can think of only one (and I am a heavy metal fan). Same thing with hip hop. It was Africa Bambaata that gave birth to hip hop and then there were bands like De la Soul back in the 1980's/90's and then NWA made hip hop huge and that came of the ghetto. Apart from Eminem (maybe 50 cents, Jay zee etc). Fusion is good and it evolves music but to call this guy hip hop. Nope. Rap? Nope. Remember Vanilla Ice? LOL! Or how about that guy who sang 'informer'? Even White American rappers get trashed. Eminen was the exception. He is better than ,most black hip hop/ rap artists. sorry, but this guy should either change his style or get a day job.

Okay, he looks black, but that's about it.

Last edited:
He looks makrani so it might be natural talent from his ancestral African genetics..but he needs a lot refinement..

I wish this guy improves a lot and achieves great success with his songs.
I am fed up with yoyo honey singh.

stick with your own music. your music has really good reputation across the world. i don't understand whats the point copying others style messing up your own music. this song has no tunes, no music, no nothing.

He's Makrani, so he's black.
I get that. But he still cant do hip hop. Now if he grew up in Detroit, he would not just look black, be black but probably sound black. Then he can do 'straight outa compton' (even though compton is in LA).

This wasnt rap, it was crap. Even as far as raw talent goes, the guy was off-key and out of tune and had no heart. Okay, maybe he needs some production but have you heard Eminem raw and unplugged? The guy is a lyrical genius. And hip hop is a purely African American phenomena that has roots in the Blues. You just cant reproduce that in any other context. Een British hip hop bands sound shit.The best hip hop bands in the world are all Black and American and for a reason. Can you imagine a Black man singing 'ragas'? LOL! Or even heavy metal. How many heavy metal artists are Black? I can think of only one (and I am a heavy metal fan). Same thing with hip hop. It was Africa Bambaata that gave birth to hip hop and then there were bands like De la Soul back in the 1980's/90's and then NWA made hip hop huge and that came of the ghetto. Apart from Eminem (maybe 50 cents, Jay zee etc). Fusion is good and it evolves music but to call this guy hip hop. Nope. Rap? Nope. Remember Vanilla Ice? LOL! Or how about that guy who sang 'informer'? Even White American rappers get trashed. Eminen was the exception. He is better than ,most black hip hop/ rap artists. sorry, but this guy should either change his style or get a day job.

Okay, he looks black, but that's about it.

Sounds like someones living in the past.

Rap has changed since the 90's, black rappers arent the only dominating force, and neither are Americans. In the UK there's grime, originally starting as a localized phenomenon in London is now renowned across the world and is even endorsed by rappers like Drake.

Cut this guy some slack, his style needs some refinement but nearly every hip hop artist only masters their style after years of experimenting and training. I hope he succeeds because he does have talent, and as long as he's bringing interest to the Pakistani music industry, whats the harm?

Sounds like someones living in the past.

Rap has changed since the 90's, black rappers arent the only dominating force, and neither are Americans. In the UK there's grime, originally starting as a localized phenomenon in London is now renowned across the world and is even endorsed by rappers like Drake.

Cut this guy some slack, his style needs some refinement but nearly every hip hop artist only masters their style after years of experimenting and training. I hope he succeeds because he does have talent, and as long as he's bringing interest to the Pakistani music industry, whats the harm?

Drake is crap dude. LOL! Okay, maybe I am old school. fair enough. You win.

He looks makrani so it might be natural talent from his ancestral African genetics..but he needs a lot refinement..
That's racist. Natural ability has little to do with genetics.

Source: Science major.

Wow... Eminem.. lol.. get real bro compare it honey sing if you must..

Back
Top Bottom