What's new

Stop criticizing India for being poor: We are too.

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I've seen many Pakistanis here who often like to respond to India's insults with their own insults saying "India is a poor country, people there live in immense poverty". The fact is, we are equally just as poor. Our region, South Asia, is the poorest region in the world with a recorded 800,000 Million people living in poverty: You will not find this anywhere else, leave aside Sub-Saharan Africa.

Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives comprise of MOST of the poorest people in the world in one region.

So, the point I want to get across is, please, stop using the poverty insult - it is not only embarrassing, it is humiliating.

We need to grow up. We need to help those in need in our country to get out of poverty.

We were doing so well when we were created in 1947, At the time of partition and independence in 1947, Pakistan inherited the most backward parts of South Asia with only one university, one Textile Mill and one Jute Factory. The country has made tremendous progress and its per Capita GNP remains the highest in South Asia. During the last decade poverty elimination programs helped many of the poor to participate and rise up. However the Global financial crisis and other factors like the occupation of Afghanistan have impacted Pakistani growth. Poverty in Pakistan has historically been higher in rural areas and lower in the cities. Out of the total 40 million living below the poverty line, 30 million live in rural areas. Poverty rose sharply in the rural areas in the 1990s and the gap in income between urban and rural areas of the country became more significant. This trend has been attributed to a disproportionate impact of economic events in the rural and urban areas. Punjab also has significan gradients in poverty among the different regions of the province.

Hopefully, I got my point out across to those who I wanted.

We don't claim to be Shining Pakistan or Incredible Pakistan; we have admitted to being weak, poor and plagued by many problems. Indians on the other hand insist they're Incredible and Shining, while the truth is far from it.

Hopefully you get it :P

It's cause of Zardarithat we are living poverty otherwise in Mush's terms we were experiencing 10% decrease in poverty every year. Pakistan was never a poor nation.

We don't claim to be Shining Pakistan or Incredible Pakistan; we have admitted to being weak, poor and plagued by many problems. Indians on the other hand insist they're Incredible and Shining, while the truth is far from it.

Hopefully you get it :P

Shining India or Incredible India doesnt mean that we have 0 poor.It means that we are progressing and developing.Poverty cant be erased in an year.It takes time and we have been trying to eradicate our poverty.The way we are progressing it wont be long before we bring it to low levels.

Shining India or Incredible India doesnt mean that we have 0 poor.It means that we are progressing and developing.Poverty can be erased in an year.It takes time and we have been trying to eradicate our poverty.The way we are progressing it wont be long before we bring it to low levels.

The problem comes when you people act like you are Sweden despite your poor.
And then you start rubbing it in our face.
Every country in South Asia is progressing, not only India.
Growth rate fluxed but just because India has a higher growth rate at the moment doesn't mean it's going to stay like that forever.

So really, what I am trying to say is that if Indian members stopped acting like they are the only country progressing and trying to insult us with having a lower growth rate. We can stop pointing out the massive poverty in India.

@Dark: Thanks for being ignorant.

Growth rate fluxed but just because India has a higher growth rate at the moment doesn't mean it's going to stay like that forever.

So really, what I am trying to say is that if Indian members stopped acting like they are the only country progressing and trying to insult us with having a lower growth rate. We can stop pointing out the massive poverty in India.

Then be the better man! We know for a fact that both India and Pakistan are developing, and will take tons of decades to fully develop. Don't quarrel with people who you already deem as trolls.

Shining India or Incredible India doesnt mean that we have 0 poor.It means that we are progressing and developing.Poverty can be erased in an year.It takes time and we have been trying to eradicate our poverty.The way we are progressing it wont be long before we bring it to low levels.

leave it man, unko samaj mein nai aayegi. jis country ne kabhi koi development and progress dekhi hi nahi, unko kya pata shining and progressing ka matlab. just leave them on their own. like hasan nasir of pakistan says, this country is doomed.

I am not the representative of all Indians on PDF but i have never shown off Indias progress and termed it as incomparable.It will be good if whole of South Asia progresses and develops together.

You have to understand that things in PDF can be get very fragile and even when good topics do come up which are worth debating in a sensible manner..trolls from any country come up and make a silly comment which derails the whole thread and results in people taking a dig at each others religion,country,status etc.

@Dark: Thanks for being ignorant.

Then be the better man! We know for a fact that both India and Pakistan are developing, and will take tons of decades to fully develop. Don't quarrel with people who you already deem as trolls.

u know this year pakistan cut its education budget by 50%. and india which spends 3rd largest on research increased by 40%. i guess pakistan is really developing according to pakistani standards. for us its decades for u guys centuries.

u know this year pakistan cut its education budget by 50%. and india which spends 3rd largest on research increased by 40%. i guess pakistan is really developing according to pakistani standards. for us its decades for u guys centuries.

Don't get too cocky now. We've caught our budget because of the war in our eastern border, and terrorist activities in our country. Size that up with a poor economy, what else could we have done?

See, this is exactly the kind of flame bait I am talking about.

Now can any sane Indian member blame us for flaming this troll?

There are poverty **** junkies here, but at the end of the day India is poor.

See, this is exactly the kind of flame bait I am talking about.

Now can any sane Indian member blame us for flaming this troll?

then dont blame us that we spend on weapons instead of education and thats why we r poor. we can see which country is more educationally poor. look at what ur education ministers are saying. i recommend until ur war ends dont consider pak a deeveloping country. because progressive countries dont cut education.
What can Pakistan learn from Indian education system? (Sochta Pakistan, 20 Jan 2012) - YouTube

leave it man, unko samaj mein nai aayegi. jis country ne kabhi koi development and progress dekhi hi nahi, unko kya pata shining and progressing ka matlab. just leave them on their own. like hasan nasir of pakistan says, this country is doomed.

Did you know India used to be the sinking ship of Asia during the 20th century, and Pakistan the bright star?

Check this out:
Hindu rate of growth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Being cocky will not bring you anywhere, in fact it just goes to show you your own ignorance.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom