What's new

Steve Wynn: I'm 'more scared' about US than China

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Sad, but true. I am waiting for the CCP to be changed to stand for the Chinese Capitalist Party.

It's going to be transformed into the Chinese Christian Party. I'm telling you the truth, you can bet your whole stock portfolio on it.

Our Confucian member @Kolaps is already shaking in his boots thinking about this inevitable shining future.

And please, do not take @Nihonjin1051 as an example of an East Asian Christian. He is a fake pretend Christian. You haven't seen a real East Asian Christian yet until you see the CCP unite the whole of East Asia under their Christian theocracy. Then, you can expect the battle of armageddon to begin. Forget about capitalism, forget about your stock portfolio, you need to start thinking about this now! The time is near.

It's going to be transformed into the Chinese Christian Party. I'm telling you the truth, you can bet your whole stock portfolio on it.

Our Confucian member @Kolaps is already shaking in his boots thinking about this inevitable shining future.

And please, do not take @Nihonjin1051 as an example of an East Asian Christian. He is a fake pretend Christian. You haven't seen a real East Asian Christian yet until you see the CCP unite the whole of East Asia under their Christian theocracy. Then, you can expect the battle of armageddon to begin. Forget about capitalism, forget about your stock portfolio, you need to start thinking about this now! The time is near.

Taiwan is ruled by Christian political party.

As well as South Korea.

You should give @Nihonjin1051 a test whatever she is a Christian or not.

Taiwan is ruled by Christian political party.

As well as South Korea.

You should give @Nihonjin1051 a test whatever she is a Christian or not.

They are still nothing, because they are not under a Christian theocracy yet. Wait until the CCP (Chinese Christian Party, not Chinese Confucian Party) unite the whole East Asian sphere plus some South East and Central Asian countries under a Christian theocracy, it will then be called the Holy Empire of China.

And I already know @Nihonjin1051 is a fake Christian. He can only copy and paste some wierd orthodox prayer which I find very offensive. He/she won't dare talk Christianity with me because I would expose his fake Christian identity.

I don't understand the concept of Christian or Confucious relation to political power. I know Islam version but not Christian. Can any of you tell me?

I don't understand the concept of Christian or Confucious relation to political power. I know Islam version but not Christian. Can any of you tell me?

Ah, good time to ask your friend nihonjin. I would also like to see what he say about this.

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”

-Mark 12: 13-17

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”

-Mark 12: 13-17

What is the meaning of this passage though? What's your interpretation of it?

During this time the Hebrew people were subject to the Imperial authority of Rome, and thus had to adhere to their political decisions The verse I mentioned in Mark Chapter 12 verses 13 to 17 shows that the Lord Christ espousing to respect the political authority that rules the land. So long as one does not compromise one's own religious beliefs. This what he means when Christ says, "Render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to God which belongs to God". Caesar represents the political authority in the here and now. To God, what belongs to him is our faithfulness, sacred obligation in worshiping Him. To Him belongs everlasting praise, which will be made known to the believer in the Life After.

During this time the Hebrew people were subject to the Imperial authority of Rome, and thus had to adhere to their political decisions The verse I mentioned in Mark Chapter 12 verses 13 to 17 shows that the Lord Christ espousing to respect the political authority that rules the land. So long as one does not compromise one's own religious beliefs. This what he means when Christ says, "Render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to God which belongs to God". Caesar represents the political authority in the here and now. To God, what belongs to him is our faithfulness, sacred obligation in worshiping Him. To Him belongs everlasting praise, which will be made known to the believer in the Life After.

OK, so that passage is describing one particular scenario: where the Jews are under the authority of a non-jewish emperor/empire. The passage then describe how one should conduct their life in such a scenario, i. e. obey their political authority so long as they dont compromise their religious beliefs/obligations. This is clear enough.

However, this is only one scenario out of many. In this case, the scenario was when the Jews was being subjugated by a non-jewish empire. What about other scenarios? e. g. when the Jews (or Christians) are free and can establish their own state or Kingdom? What does a Christian view says about these political matter? I think this is what @somsak was asking.
What relation does political authority has with God, are they completely separate and independent? should the ruler keep civil law seperate from religious law? (like the separation of church and state as affirmed in US constitution) or should civil law be based on religious law/beliefs? What relation does a Christian ruler (King, president, PM, etc) have with religion? does he keep his religion private from politics? or are they integral and so his religious beliefs need to be taken into account when exercising his political authority?

The Christian perspective in regards to submission to government(s)

The answer can be acquired if you read Romans Chapter 13 and i quote,

"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority?

Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

Romans Chapter 13, Verses 1-7

The Christian perspective in regards to submission to government(s)

The answer can be acquired if you read Romans Chapter 13 and i quote,

"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority?

Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

Romans Chapter 13, Verses 1-7

This passage has similar context as the earlier passage, the Christians were being subjugated by a non-christian political power, and it instruct them to do the same thing, to obey and respect their political authority, etc.

But what do you say about the relationship between religion and politics? what's the relationship between civil law and religious law? should they be separate or integral? should a Christian ruler or president keep his religion private from politics or are they related?

Back
Top Bottom