What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

Break down of Salman Butt's defence a logical review I added some other cost factors ppl incurr during travels

So if Salman stated 11,000.00 GBP = 17,005.46 was amount he had from PCB

Well the Pakistani Team's tour was for 45 days

Lets see 17,000 USD ....
If you stay 1 night in hotel = cost is 130 USD (This is a so so hotel not the good ones)
Lets Assume the tour was for 45 days

Cost of Night Stay in Hotel : $130 x 45 = $5845
Meal Allowance: $30 + 10(tips) x 3 x 45 = $5400
Entertainement Allowance $100 x 45 = $4500 (Taxi, Movies,phone)

(Taxies charge any where 40$ to 100$ per 1 way trip)

Extra Captain's Allowance: $4500 backed up with Receipts from PCB

So he had in his possesion $20,245

What is the problem ? This is normal amount of funds for travellers or people who can't open bank accounts on short trips etc - This is not a normal person its a Sports Celeberty and they have alot of funds and travelling expenses

Lets not forget every one normally carries a bit more then their anticipated budget so they are not straneded etc so it would not be strange if he had 3,000-4,000 emergency funds as well knowing how much he will spend during his travel, I know I carry a few thousand extra in case I miss a flight and have to rebook etc

Plus if there was some extra cash $5,000 extra

a) He had a cricketing contract with Bats company
b) He had contract to open a icecream parlor

It could have came from a promotional visit which according to him
he has proof that he opened the parlor in official ceremony attended by many ppl.

So he has people to back up his claim.

Now imagine if , Mr Mazhar even slipped in some tainted bills thru the clean funds he was expected to get from his sports deals

a) If there was a written contract that Mr Salman has in his hand
that states the funds , he was to receieve then he is clean man

Innocent

Also - there is no proof what so ever that Salam did not attend the ice cream parlor
opening.

b) No one has told anyone that Salman asked them to ball no ball (No proof)
c) No one has any proof that Salman met the bookies

Mr Mazhar may have met someone , but who he meets is not Mr Salman's responsibility
if he had met some serial killer , does not means that Mr Salman is serial killer.

If the person was questionable : Then he should have been on some sort of List by PCB as banned personalities , and that list should have been given to PCB by Cricket Association -

Last edited:
From a legal perspective, it's not as freakish as you might think. SB could have asked Asif to really try and bowl hard, and thus he was an accessory unknowingly.

Actually when you think about it, Asif no-ball was only marginal, plus he only bowled one no-ball. I think if you want to bowl a no-ball on purpose to earn money, you'd be try to safe and be much more in front of the crease. Being that close is quite risky in fact. The only thing against him is the bookie's word. So he has the best case out of the 3.

SB was definitely involved here, Amir most likely was. Asif's involvement is debatable and can be challenged.

Well pushing your bowlers to bowl harder and asking them to bowl a no ball on a specific ball of a specific over are different things. Using your explanation, I suppose Butt can make a case even if it is proven that he asked them to bowl those no-balls. It is a common strategy used in first class cricket to intimidate the batsman, and he can still justify it. The only thing standing between the lies and the truth is if they can trace the time stamp of the video, and if Majeed can prove the currency serial numbers. If not, then Majeed should be jailed for a good time and fined a good sum of money. However if proven guilty, all three cricketers are partners in this 'crime'. While the accusations may be of different levels, the only justified punishment is a life ban.

All said - and I will repeat this again - even if they are proven to be innocent conclusively, their reputation has been (needlessly) tainted forever.

Well pushing your bowlers to bowl harder and asking them to bowl a no ball on a specific ball of a specific over are different things. Using your explanation, I suppose Butt can make a case even if it is proven that he asked them to bowl those no-balls. It is a common strategy used in first class cricket to intimidate the batsman, and he can still justify it. The only thing standing between the lies and the truth is if they can trace the time stamp of the video, and if Majeed can prove the currency serial numbers. If not, then Majeed should be jailed for a good time and fined a good sum of money. However if proven guilty, all three cricketers are partners in this 'crime'. While the accusations may be of different levels, the only justified punishment is a life ban.

All said - and I will repeat this again - even if they are proven to be innocent conclusively, their reputation has been (needlessly) tainted forever.

I don't think lawyers will argue that SB asked Asif to bowl a no-ball. That's not what I was arguing either. SB may have asked Asif to put in a lot of effort, which may have resulted in a no-ball. That can be a good argument, because bowling with a lot of effort can often result in a no-ball.

Now you're right that SB could make the case about proof that he asked them to bowl with effort. However it's these things that makes Asif's case quite strong.

@AzadPakistan2009: The amount is not an issue. I suspect international sportspeople, specially captains of the team of the favourite sport of a country make much more than this amount.

The problem is that all this money is in cash. Who carries 11,000 GBP in hard cash? You either have it in traveller's cheques, cash cards, or debit card. I suspect the PCB does not pay it's cricketers in cash either.

As I said, the evidence against SB is most likely only circumstantial, but damning nevertheless.

These players must be ruthlessly punished if found guilty so that an example is set for cricketers all over the world and no one dare to repeat this.

Pattern must ask explanation from Chairman PCB that what action was taken on warning by ICC to suspend players, hold an inquiry and punish culprits at its end and failing doing so forced ICC to intervene.

What action has been taken against Mazhar Majeed who is equal crime partner (if allegations are true) but he is enjoying in UK.

Why decision is pended till Feb 5 , is there sufficient element of doubt? If the case is so clear than they should have been punished otherwise suspension is unjustified.

waiting for the verdict to be released

5 hours and no voice came out from the hearing room

they still got the right to appeal, a 10 & 7 years ban is as good as life ban for Asif & Butt

salman butt and asif totally deserve it.feel bad for aamer though. he could have made 100 times over playing in IPL

IA TARAH TOU HOTA HAO IS TARAH K KAAMO MAY

Back
Top Bottom