What's new

SPECTACULAR OPENING OF ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2011 IN BANGLADESH

Dont u think indian singer are trying hard for camera attention..
sonu nigam,, shankar , abhijeet and many more,,,,
my friends would have made a better theme song then those shankar eshan loy.. de guma ke was pathetic... i dont think tat song can motivate even a single player or even viewer

The HBS Guy...whatever mr. pukhtoon's post was, your posts was uncalled for regarding who is successful in life and who is a failure. example "you won't understand only those who work hard"..that was a direct attack on him.
As for pukhtoon every event as such has something spectacular in it for many people, lets get out of 1971 psyche.

FOR ME IT WAS A FANTASTIC OPENING CEREMONY

THE BEST PARTS 4 ME WHERE -
- THE SONU NIGAM SONG (WAS WAY BEYOND MY EXPECTATION)
- THE BANGLADESH LIBERATION AND BENAGAL LANGUAGE DAY ACTS (IT WAS GIVING ME GOOSEBUMPS)
- THE COLLECTION OF OLD SONGS FROM THE BANGLADESHI SINGER
-SRILANKAN CULTURAL FORMS (ESPECIALY THE GIRLS:cheesy:)

THE PARTS I HATED WERE
- THE LOOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG SPEECHES
- THE VIRTICAL PITCH PERFORMANCE
- MOST OF THE DANCE PERFORMANCES WHICH WHERE LACKED ANY LIFEEE (THE NAKKE MUKKA DANCE WAS KILLING ME)

BUT SURE GAVE ME SO MUCH TO BE PROUD OF
HONESTLY, FOR SOME PERIOD I COULD IMAGINE MYSELF AS A BANGLADESHI (MY CLOSEST SWEETEST:smitten: FRND IS A BENGALI)
GOOD LUCK TO INDIA BANGLADESH AND SRILANKA

He is still a good singer but don't know why he is trying english and what happened to his dress ups.

Anyway well done BD. Last theme song by Shankar Mahadevan and fireworks were good.
I think the weird dress ups started after his flop movie,i liked Bryan Adams all ways good.

FOR ME IT WAS A FANTASTIC OPENING CEREMONY

THE BEST PARTS 4 ME WHERE -
- THE SONU NIGAM SONG (WAS WAY BEYOND MY EXPECTATION)
- THE BANGLADESH LIBERATION AND BENAGAL LANGUAGE DAY ACTS (IT WAS GIVING ME GOOSEBUMPS)
- THE COLLECTION OF OLD SONGS FROM THE BANGLADESHI SINGER
-SRILANKAN CULTURAL FORMS (ESPECIALY THE GIRLS:cheesy:)

THE PARTS I HATED WERE
- THE LOOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG SPEECHES
- THE VIRTICAL PITCH PERFORMANCE
- MOST OF THE DANCE PERFORMANCES WHICH WHERE LACKED ANY LIFEEE (THE NAKKE MUKKA DANCE WAS KILLING ME)

BUT SURE GAVE ME SO MUCH TO BE PROUD OF
HONESTLY, FOR SOME PERIOD I COULD IMAGINE MYSELF AS A BANGLADESHI (MY CLOSEST SWEETEST:smitten: FRND IS A BENGALI)
GOOD LUCK TO INDIA BANGLADESH AND SRILANKA

Dont u think indian singer are trying hard for camera attention..
sonu nigam,, shankar , abhijeet and many more,,,,
my friends would have made a better theme song then those shankar eshan loy.. de guma ke was pathetic... i dont think tat song can motivate even a single player or even viewer
These are the same guys from dil chata he and rang de basanti.I dont know what happens to them when they come to international stage

I'm catching the highlights on the news now.

@integra: Tell me, is this the first major sporting event happening in Bangladesh since independence? That would explain the historical aspect in the show.

Well to be true, this is the first major sporting event, after the saarc games(obviously not the same)and ICC Champions Trophy in 1998. But in the world stage we are proud to host it, well I'm confused about the historical aspect. I do feel proud but if it hurts some people then I would say it wasn't necessary.

Well to be true, this is the first major sporting event, after the saarc games(obviously not the same)and ICC Champions Trophy in 1998. But in the world stage we are proud to host it, well I'm confused about the historical aspect. I do feel proud but if it hurts some people then I would say it wasn't necessary.

It was definitely seems like one of the more interesting aspects of the show. Much better than the Sonu Nigam performance or the Sharad Pawar speech anyways.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

It was definitely seems like one of the more interesting aspects of the show. Much better than the Sonu Nigam performance or the Sharad Pawar speech anyways.

I WAS AMAZED SEEING MANIPURI DANCE IN BANGLADESHI ARTFORMS AND TO BE HO0NEST IT WAS ONE OF THE PARTS I DIDNT LIKE. THE ACTUAL GRACE OF THE ARTFORM WAS NOT VISIBLE . REST OF THE BANGLADESHI ARTFORMS WHERE WELL PRESENTED.

//there was no pakistani singer ????

how was it?? //

may be because he wouldn't understand bengali!!!:chilli:

Just kidding.But its because pakistan is not 1 of the host nations.

Lol at those pakistani saying it was pathetic
Atleast there were fireworks instead of bombspots

And to Indians , Bangladesh is a small country u cant expect ceremony like CWG
Good work Bangladesh
Light work and fireworks were awesome and tht tourism video shown at the end was beautiful . :cheers:

..............................................................................................

Back
Top Bottom