What's new

South Asians Eating Grass to Acquire Nuke Subs

Kyon jhooth bolte ho, Pakistan mein poverty 40% hai aur India 25% se kam hai.

According to WB report we have 17% poverty.... also in india a guy earning 10-50 cents is considered above poverty line n the ratio in india is around 44%... ur makin urself look like a clown.

According to WB report we have 17% poverty.... also in india a guy earning 10-50 cents is considered above poverty line n the ratio in india is around 44%... ur makin urself look like a clown.

Can you show me the report that Poverty in Pakistan is 17% in 2011
Because UNDP and World Bank both have report of 2006 for Pakistan.
Read this link.
UNDP - Pakistan - Poverty Reduction

And your government is saying poverty in Pakistan has increased to 40% in last 5 years.
Poverty in Pakistan | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia
According to Pakistans Planning Commission, poverty rate has jumped from 23.9 to 37.5 percent in the last three years. The commission has estimated that in 2005 there were 35.5 million people living below the poverty line but in 2008 their number increased to over 64 million. Consequently, unemployment has also increased.

In India we do have poverty, I won't deny it but it is less than 25% and will reach 22% by 2015.
India on track to halve poverty by 2015: UN report - Economy and Politics - livemint.com
http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2011/07/11/india-makes-some-progress-in-reducing-poverty/

Here are some excerpts of an NPR Fresh Air interview of Katherine Boo, the author of Behind the Beautiful Forevers:

.......Some inhabitants (of Mumbai slum Annawadi) lack any shelter and sleep outside. Rats commonly bite sleeping children, and barely a handful of the 3,000 residents have the security of full-time employment. Over the course of her time in Annawadi, Boo learned about the residents' social distinctions, their struggles to escape poverty, and conflicts that sometimes threw them into the clutches of corrupt government officials. Her book reads like a novel, but the characters are real.
----------
BOO: Well, I'll describe it (the slum) this way. You come into the Mumbai International Airport, you make a turn, and you go past a lavish Hyatt and a beautiful hotel called the Grand Maratha. By the time you get to the Hyatt, which is about three minutes in your car, you've already gone past this place.

There's a rocky road that goes into it, and you turn in, and the first thing you notice when you get into this landscape of hand-built, makeshift, crooked huts is one of the borders of the slum - or it was I came in 2008 - was this vast lake of extremely noxious sewage and petrochemicals and things that the people modernizing the glamorous airport had dumped in the lake.

And so it was almost beachfront property on this foul, malarial lake, and all around it in this, the single open space in the slum were people cooking and bathing and fighting and flirting. And there were goats and water buffalo. There was a little brothel, and men would line up outside the little brothel. And there was a liquor still.

And mainly there were families and children who were trying their best to find a niche in the global market economy. Almost no one in Annawadi had permanent work. Six people out of 3,000 last I checked had permanent work.
-------------
DAVIES: One of the most remarkable things to read here was that you tell us in the book that no one in Annawadi was actually considered poor by traditional Indian benchmarks. Is that right? I mean, if they're not poor, who is poor?

BOO: Go to the village, and you'll see what poor is. No, so officially, the poverty lines in many countries, including India, are set so low that officially the people that I'm writing about look like part of the great success narrative of modern global capitalism. They look like the more than 100 million people who have been freed since liberalization in India in 1991 from poverty.

So usually in my work, I'm not looking to write about the poorest and abject. I'm not looking to make you feel sorry for people. I want readers to have a connection more blooded and complex than pity or revulsion. But really, the main point I have to say is that on the books, these men, women and children have succeeded in the global economy. They're the success stories.

But I hope what my book shows is that it's a little more complicated than that.

DAVIES: Well, I mean, so many of them are just on the edge of losing, you know, food and shelter for the day. I mean, are the truly poor, are they rural poor who sleep out in the open? I mean, who are the...?

BOO: Well, many people in Annawadi sleep out in the open, too, but when Asha(ph) - in the book, I follow Asha, the mother, who has used politics and corruption to try to give her daughter a college education, I follow her back home to Vidarbha, a very poor agricultural region.

And when Asha walks through the door, everybody can see on her face and the face of her children how good life is in the Mumbai slums. Asha's grandmother walks on all fours, she's so bent from agricultural labor. And when Asha walks in that door, she stands mast straight.,,,

Finding 'Life, Death And Hope' In A Mumbai Slum : NPR

We do not have abominations like this in Pakistan. A $2 Billion house.

antillamumbaimukeshambanibilliondollarhome1.jpg

[/COLOR]

Azim Premji donates $2bn for education in India – The largest act of philanthropy by an Indian

Don't worry, Azim even it out for us.

We do not have abominations like this in Pakistan.

Well, it seems you guys do. You guys always talk about Mr.10%.

India is also spending a lot on other things...

Look at the Steel, Power, and Petrochemicals sector especially.

STEEL SECTOR

1) Posco Orissa Steel Plant(12mtpa)=$17.5 billion

2) Arcelormittal Jharkhand steel plant(12mtpa)=$12 billion

3) JSW Steel Vijaynagar Steel plant(11mtpa)=$11 billion

4) Arcelormitaal Karnataka Steel Plant(6mtpa)=$7.5 billion

5) JSW steel West bengal steel plant(10mtpa)=$8.25 billion

6) Posco Karnataka Steel Plant(6mtpa)=$8 billion

7) Essar Steel orissa plant(12mtpa)=$9 billion

8)Essar hazira steel plant expansion(10mtpa)=$9.5 billion

9) Tata steel chattisgarh steel plant(5.5mtpa)=$5 billion

10) JSPL orissa steel plant(12.5mtpa)=$22.5 billion

11) JSPL jharkhand steel project(6mtpa)=$10 billion

12) Bhushan Steel orissa project(7mtpa)=$5 billion

13) NMDC severstal karnataka steel plant(5mtpa)=$6 billion

14) Sindri revival plan=$9 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT= $140.25 billion / Rs 5.7 lac crore

TOTAL CAPACITY=120.6 MTPA
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................
ALUMINIUM SECTOR

1) Hindalco orissa expansion=$6 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$6 billion / Rs 24,000 crore
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

POWER SECTOR

a) THERMAL POWER

1) Reliance Power Dadri(7460 MW)=$6.25 billion

2) Sasan UMPP(3960 MW)=$5 billion

3) Reliance Power chitrangi(5980 MW)=$7.5 billion

4) Krishnapatnam UMPP(4000 MW)=$5 billion

5) Adani Power Mundra(4620 MW)=$5 billion

6) NTPC kudgi(4000 MW)=$6 billion

7) Jamnagar project(4000 MW)=$5 billion

8) NTPC lara project(4000 MW)=$7.5 billion

9) IL&FS tamil nadu(3600 MW)=$5 billion

10) NTPC sundergarh(4800 MW)=$10 billion

11) Tilaiya UMPP(4000 MW)=$6 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$68.25 billion / Rs 2.6 lac crore

TOTAL CAPACITY=50,420 MW

b) NUCLEAR POWER

1) Koodankulam project Tamil Nadu(9200 MW)=$16 billion

2) Jaitapur project(10,000 MW)=$25 billion

3) Kovvada project(8000 MW)=$15 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$56 billion / Rs 2.3 lac crore

TOTAL CAPACITY=27,200 MW

c) RENEWABLE ENERGY

1) Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar mission(20,000 MW)=$75 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$75 billion/ 3 lac crore

TOTAL CAPACITY=20,000 MW

d) TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION

1) PGCIL for XI plan=$14 billion

2) PGCIL XII plan=$30 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$44 billion / Rs 1.8 lac crore

TOTAL INVESTMENT(a+b+c+d)=$251.25 billion / Rs 10.1 lac crore

TOTAL CAPACITY=1,04,020 MW
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ROAD SECTOR

1) Golden Quadrilateral=$13.6 billion

2) North-South and East-West corridor=$20 billion

3) NHDP phase 3,5,6,7=$75 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$108.6 billion / Rs4.4 lac crore

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

RAILWAYS SECTOR

1) Dedicated Freight Corridors=$15 billion

2) Delhi metro=$19 billion

3) Jammu-Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla=$5 billion

4) Hyderabad metro=$5 billion

5) Mumbai metro=$12.5 billion

6) Mumbai monorail=$5 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$61.5 billion / Rs 2.5 lac crore

AVIATION SECTOR

1) Modernisation of IGIA=$3 billion+

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$3 billion / Rs 12,000 cr

PETROCHEMICAL SECTOR

a) REFINERY

1) Jamnagar refinery(RIL)(62 MMTPA)=$12 billion

2) IOCL panipat refinery(15 MMTPA)=$6 billion

3) IOCL paradeep refinery(15 MMTPA)=$7.5 billion

4) HPCL maharashtra refinery(18 MMTPA)=$7.5 billion

5) Essar refinery gujarat(36 MMTPA)=$15 billion

6) Guru Gobind Singh Refinery(9 MMTPA)=$5 billion

7) BPCL kochi(15.5 MMTPA)=$5.5 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$58.5 billion

TOTAL CAPACITY= 137.5 MMTPA

b) PCPIR

1) PCPIR gujarat=$60 billion

2) PCPIR orissa=$65 billion

3) PCPIR andhra pradesh=$75 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$200 billion

c) DEVELOPMENT OF OIL AND GAS FIELDS

1) Development of kg d6 basin=$9 billion

2) Bombay High development=$9.5 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$18.5 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT(a+b+c)=$277 billion / Rs 11.1 lac crore

SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES(SEZ)

1) RIL SEZ jhajjar=$7.5 billion

2) Dahej SEZ=$8.25 billion

3) Mangalore Multi Product SEZ=$9 billion

4) GMR Kakinada SEZ=$8 billion

5) Mundra Port & SEZ=$7.5 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$40.25 billion / Rs 1.6 lakh cr

GOVERNMENT SCHEMES

1) Setting Up broadband network=$15 billion

2) Total sanitation programme=$5.5 billion

3) Pradhan Mantri sadak yojna=$33 billion

4) Rajiv gandhi grameen vidyutikaran yojna=$11 billion

5) Aadhar(UID)=$34 billion

6) Kalpasar project=$13 billion

7) MNREGA=$10 billion

8) JNNURM=$15 billion

9) Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme=$21billion

10) National e-governance plan=$11.5 billion

11) Indira Awas Yojna(IAY)=$15 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$184 billion / Rs 7.4 lac crore

VERY SPECIAL PROJECTS

1) DMIC=$100 billion

2) Gujarat International Finance tec city=$20 billion

3) ITIR bangalore=$50 billion

4) Lavasa Hill city=$31 billion

5) Jalayagnam(Andhra Pradesh)=$38 billion

TOTAL INVESTMENT=$239 billion / Rs 9.6 lac crore

GRAND TOTAL INVESTMENT=$1.302 trillion / Rs 53.2 lac crore

MANY MORE TO COME

Many of these things weren't even thought about before 2000.

You can hate all you want, but you wont be able to say much in the future.

That is from the latest UN report, published by a Western newspaper in November 2011. :lol:

See that Idiot, I have UN Website with Me and it has Data for 2006

UNDP - Pakistan - Poverty Reduction
Percentage of People living below Poverty Line i.e. Rs. 948.7 per adult equivalent per month (estimated for year 2006)** 22.3%

Here is UNDP report which put India's poverty will reduce to 22% by 2015 i.e. 3yrs remaining.

India Makes Some Progress in Reducing Poverty Says UN Millenium Development Report - India Real Time - WSJ

A new report by the United Nations suggests that India is making some progress in reducing poverty. The UN’s annual Millennium Development Report, which tracks the progress of the international organization’s long-term goals, shows India’s poverty rate is expected to fall to 22% by 2015 from 51% in 1990

See that Idiot

LOL, you are quoting PROJECTIONS of what India's poverty "might be" in 2015.

Sort of like that projection that India would grow faster than China in 2011, but instead India grew at 6.9%.

Please see this report for the actual data:

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

3:14PM GMT 03 Nov 2011

In absolute terms, 41.6 per cent of India's 1.1 billion people earned less than 78 pence per day compared with 22.6 per cent of Pakistan's 173 million.

The report quotes its 'multi-dimensional poverty index' which includes measures of schooling, child mortality, nutrition, access to electricity, toilets, drinking water, and hygienic living conditions, and reveals India is poorer.

It found 53.7 per cent of Indians suffering from this broader kind of poverty, compared with 49 per cent of Pakistanis.

More surprisingly, India is ranked below Pakistan and Bangladesh on gender equality which reflects maternal death rates, teenage pregnancies, access to education, and the number of women parliamentarians and in the workplace.

BBC News - Diet of mud and despair in Indian village[/url]

I thought Pakistanis give a damn about BBC and CNN articles,

Oh i forgot they can use it when ever it conveniently suits them,so much for hypocracy !!! :hang2:

Back
Top Bottom