What's new

Some Superstitions in Pakistan

SUPERSTITIONS IN PAKISTAN

Some superstitions still existing in the minds of our people.

1-When the left eye is blinking indicates something bad is going to happen.

2-If we are walking and see a black cat cross in front of you,It’s bad luck.

3-When the owl sings it's a sign of bad luck.:-)rolleyes:)

4-If you broke the glass it's a sign of happiness.....:-)lol:)

5-If you make a lot of food and you don’t eat it then it's your bad luck.

6-If you dream about buffaloes and horses it’s bad luck.:-)P)

7- Kids shouldn't let anyone walk over them otherwise they'll stop growing.:-)eek:)

8-Don't drink milk after eating fish, said to cause severe skin problems.:-)lol:)

9- Jamun (jumbulina sp.:fruit) cures diabetes.

10- That opening the scissors and closing it without a reason causes family problems at home.Similar is the case with umbrella(like opening it inside the house.)
reverse the forth one and i will say you are talking about india!!!

welldone buddy my mom use to stop me drinking milk when i ate fish and also scissor i use to play with scissor some times she use to stop me and saying it will make probleums in family i agree with you dude but im not sure they really were true but im sure there was a reason behind that and our parents was not that stupid

Lol, funny list, but how can you forget the mother of all superstitions.

Kisse ke nazar lag gaye hay (someone has cursed you with an evil eye). :lol:

The one about not using with the scissor unnecessarily (in the air) or your parents will separate, get it. If you cut with a scissor in the air you are cutting your parents relation. :lol:

All this Aankh pharakh rahe, kali billi guzar gaye, and the one that scarred me for a year, walking over kids is some funny stuff.

I think that Pakistan ko India ke kale nazar lag Gaye hai. :D

A few more:

If you keep a money plant, you will loose money

And if you light up a scent stick, rooh(souls) come to your house. This scarred the hell out of me.

Kisse ke nazar lag gaye hay (someone has cursed you with an evil eye)

I do think that Pakistan ko India ke kale nazar lag Gaye hai. :D

A political superstition.:D

Just updating the list,

11-A donkey braying incessantly could be because he has seen a Satan.:-)lol:).

12-Reading a book or anything while lying in the bed can effect the eyesight.:-)rolleyes:)

I'll miss the number 13. :lol: :lol:

14-Sighting a 3rd day moon is considered a bad omen.(something like your relative will die if you do it on purpose.):rofl:

Most are same for North Indians too like cat crossing before you, jamun, one shouldn't cross of growing kids, dogs crying meaning someone is going to Die??, don't drink milk after eating fish etc etc!

I heard slight variations of the above.

- broken glass means an evil spirit was thwarted, i.e. good luck.
- walking over kids bad luck can be reversed by walking back over them :)
- spilt milk = bad luck; boiled over milk = good luck
- hiccup means someone is thinking of you

Lights are out some one told a lie
Guess what Pakistani's are telling lie's 24/7 that is why we never have any electricity. ROFL

LoL , I had a superstition about my browser some years back.

That bookmarking every web page or website of your interest slows down your browser.(knew nothing about it.)

A thought that used to arise whenever i add sth in bookmarks.......:D(couldn't resist sharing it.:lol:)

But now i have almost a thousand pages in my bookmarks list ,segregated in to groups.Experience told me that it's just a whim.And i'm no more superstitious about it.:coffee:

Cat crosses your path from left to right your purpose will be accomplished whreas from Right to Left means you purpose will be a failure.

I beleive in this too. :)

no this one is not common in Pakistan, as cutting nails on Friday is good from Islamic point of view :cheers:

I think it is a Hindu thing. The goddess of wealth Lakshmi enters your house on Friday. If she finds nails and dirt she won't enter. This applies only to the interior of the house. She doesn't mind the garbage on the streets. :)

I think it is a Hindu thing. The goddess of wealth Lakshmi enters your house on Friday. If she finds nails and dirt she won't enter. This applies only to the interior of the house. She doesn't mind the garbage on the streets. :)

hm

Our Prophet used to cut nails on Friday, so its a sunnat for Muslims

So this Superstition is off-topic :rolleyes:

SUPERSTITIONS IN PAKISTAN

Some superstitions still existing in the minds of our people.

1-When the left eye is blinking indicates something bad is going to happen.

2-If we are walking and see a black cat cross in front of you,It’s bad luck.

3-When the owl sings it's a sign of bad luck.:-)rolleyes:)

4-If you broke the glass it's a sign of happiness.....:-)lol:)

5-If you make a lot of food and you don’t eat it then it's your bad luck.

6-If you dream about buffaloes and horses it’s bad luck.:-)P)

7- Kids shouldn't let anyone walk over them otherwise they'll stop growing.:-)eek:)

8-Don't drink milk after eating fish, said to cause severe skin problems.:-)lol:)

9- Jamun (jumbulina sp.:fruit) cures diabetes.

10- That opening the scissors and closing it without a reason causes family problems at home.Similar is the case with umbrella(like opening it inside the house.)

Apart from the bold ones. The other ones sound some western superstitions. I have never heard of these i dont know if your part of the country people believe in it.

As far as Jaman is concerned its a fruit and many health benefits are related to fruits so its not superstition

I guess u copy pasted the stuff from somewhere

I see most of the superstitions are found in Punjab and Hazara division and surely for obvious reasons.

We Pukhtuns dont carry much

Back
Top Bottom