ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Some of us cannot afford the hijab of today
By Rabia Ahmed

28368-hghcopy-1435665080-864-640x480.jpg

Abrar Shahin is a Muslim student of Palestinian descent who recently graduated from this school.

There is a school named The Clifton High School which is not in Karachi but in New Jersey, USA, andAbrar Shahinis a Muslim student of Palestinian descent who recently graduated from this school. Sincere congratulations and best wishes in her subsequent career to the young lady who appears to possess a strong sense of identity since her photograph shows her wearing a hijab, and who is about to present us with what I hope, a healthy debate.

In the hormone-charged atmosphere of high schools, where girls dress quite revealingly, it takes conviction to cover your head with a scarf at all times. In her year book, Ms Shahin was seen wearing skinny jeans, ankle-high boots and a cropped white blazer in her yearbook photo, and if you look at her photograph, you will find that she is also meticulously made up with eyeliner, mascara, the works, the cosmetics, as a reporter for NorthJersey.com puts it perfectly,

“Capped with plum-toned lip stick.”

The rest of us who have to earn a living, who have to live with the curse of power load-shedding and who cannot afford fabric that drapes and breathes as well as chiffon either die under such incarcerating conditions (Karachi heat wave) or live a bit less encumbered if modestly, and rely on our own lungs not the abaya to do the breathing.

As an aside, please allow me to tell you that the fully incarcerated lady cannot exercise in her driveway as she used to in her pre-incarcerated days because of the chowkidar (security guard), so she must now do so in a gym. Also that she carries a spare set of slippers in her car in case they visit a home where she must sit in the same room as the men. In that case she wears the stodgy pair; otherwise she wears the prettier ones. It is mind-boggling, is it not, how much thought in addition to cash goes into incarceration?

I am a woman. I dress well, and modestly enough. My son would never, ever treat a woman with disrespect much less hoot and whistle at one. I think this is the real pardah. Sometimes the route to self-respect and dignity is via both sexes, with the aid of nothing more than a bit of decency and common sense. A shroud is not required.

.... . . . . .
. . . .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Muslim girl named best-dressed student at US school

5591ad971c2b1.jpg

Abrar Shahin

NEW YORK: A hijab-wearing Muslim of Palestinian descent has been named the best-dressed girl at a school in New Jersey state, according to a website.

Abrar Shahin, a student of Clifton High School, sports a black skirt and skinny jeans, ankle-high boots and a cropped white blazer in her yearbook photo.

Her make-up is just about perfect, capped with plum-toned lip stick, the NorthJersey.com said.

The website quoted Abrar Shahin as saying that “there are always cheerleaders who win and popular girls.

So I was very surprised it was me, being a hijabi”.

With her trendy style, Shahin, who holds a clothing-store job, has been shattering stereotypes about Muslims, but at the same time observing her religious traditions.

The “best dressed” vote also shows how acceptance has grown at one of the largest and most diverse high schools in the state.

The class of 2015, which graduated on Friday, includes many immigrants and first-generation students whose families hail from across the globe.

I am a woman. I dress well, and modestly enough. My son would never, ever treat a woman with disrespect much less hoot and whistle at one. I think this is the real pardah. Sometimes the route to self-respect and dignity is via both sexes, with the aid of nothing more than a bit of decency and common sense. A shroud is not required. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hijab in skinny jeans, perfect! :D
It's tradition for them, just like in Pakistan you'd have a very pious lady who wears a shalwar kameez and a bad one, there you have pious ones and sluts, all in hijab because they've been wearing it since birth.

I am a woman. I dress well, and modestly enough. My son would never, ever treat a woman with disrespect much less hoot and whistle at one. I think this is the real pardah. Sometimes the route to self-respect and dignity is via both sexes, with the aid of nothing more than a bit of decency and common sense. A shroud is not required. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
You're a woman? o_O

Itne din se hamari gandi gandi baato ko like kar rahi thi. Lol

Back
Top Bottom