What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

I usually hate the updating business.
9.01 and 9.02 came in quick successions so I was a lil apprehensive about updating my iOS...but I did it in the end.
Apppple...grrr!
Haha, my response was similar and I didn't feel like updating because I had just updated to 9.0.1. I am sure one way or another (Apple or Facebook) will address your issues soon enough however :)

Guys what do you thing about the infocus m810t how good is it.

and the Elephone products.

they all have a good specs but they still cheap!?.

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL: legendary camera reborn on the big screen

All through this year it felt like Microsoft has cooled off on having its own mobile OS, opting to release apps for Android and iOS instead, but now the passion is back. The Microsoft Lumia 950 XL comes to replace the two year old Lumia 1520 and to restore the PureView name to its former glory.

First things first. Gone is the 6" 1080p LCD, replaced by a 5.7" screen with QHD resolution, pitting the 950 XL against the flagship Androids. It's an AMOLED unit with Glance screen.

The Lumia 950 XL namechecks Carl Zeiss (f/1.9 lens) and PureView and brings a new iteration of the 20MP sensor (1/2.4"), this time with 2160p video out of the box. The camera's two little helpers are 5th gen optical image stabilization (OIS) and a triple-LED flash. Those are RGB LEDs too, promising natural lighting for low-light shots.

The selfie camera was given attention too, the 5MP shooter is accompanied by its own LED flash.

The Lumia name was synonymous with excellent cameras, but Android and now Apple have caught up and the Lumia 950 XL's camera does not have the lead the Lumia 1020 enjoyed.

While Microsoft adopted the new wired connector, it kept the Qi wireless charging (unlike the new Nexus phones). The 3,340mAh battery is has a bit extra in its tank compared to other flagship phablets to boot.

Windows 10 Mobile will stretch its legs on the roomy screen. At first glance the UI looks close to WP8, but Microsoft has done a lot to unify the software between Desktop and Mobile. Continuum is part of that – a desktop in your pocket, in part thanks to the USB Type-C connector, which handles triple duties (video out, data and charging). 50% battery charge takes just 30 minutes.

The OS will run on Snapdragon 810 chipset – four Cortex-A57 cores at 2GHz, four A53s at 1.5GHz, Adreno 430 to bear the load of QHD graphics and 3GB of RAM. And before you make any overheating jokes, the Surface team contributed a liquid cooling solution used in Microsoft's tablets to keep the Lumia 950 XL running cool.

Microsoft introduced the Display Dock for Continuum. It has one HDMI and one DisplayPort, plus three USB ports for accessories.

gsmarena_003.jpg

The new Windows Hello feature (currently in beta) uses the front-facing camera to recognize you and unlock the device.

The Microsoft Lumia 950 XL will cost $650 and will be available next month and there's a dual-SIM version if you need it.

Microsoft Lumia 950 goes official with PureView camera, liquid cooling

• Microsoft Windows 10

Owners of a flagship Windows Phone have had their patience stretched thin, but those that held off have been rewarded. The Microsoft Lumia 950 improves on just about every feature of the Lumia 930. About time too, the 930 is a year and a half old.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The Windows 10 Mobile device comes with a 5.2" QHD screen – the sharpest on a Lumia yet. Like the XL screen, this one is an AMOLED with Glance screen and ClearBlack, except in a more compact footprint this time.

The camera is basically the same – a 20MP PureView sensor (1/2.4") with 5th gen optical stabilization and Carl Zeiss optics (f/1.9). It can record 2160p video natively with Lumia's traditional Hi-Fi audio recording. There's a 5MP/1080p selfie camera too, but without the LED flash.

The Lumia 950 is powered by Snapdragon 808 with liquid cooling and 3GB of RAM. Gaming performance will take a hit if devs want to use the screen's full QHD resolution, but for general app usage Windows was never picky about the chipset.

gsmarena_003.jpg

The phone comes with USB Type-C and wireless charging, plus a relatively big 3,000mAh battery. Using the Type-C connector you can hook up the Display Dock, which gives you HDMI and DisplayPort video out plus three USBs.

The Microsoft Lumia 950 will cost $550, available in November. There's a dual-SIM version
139 Microsoft Lumia 550 is a 4.7" Windows 10 smartphon

Microsoft Windows 10

Microsoft announced the
Lumia 950 and 950 XL flagship pair and just as we though the devices event was moving from the Lumias towards the Surface, a Lumia 550 was briefly mentioned. An entire ten seconds of the spotlight were enough to announce the affordable smartphone will be available in December for $139.

• gsmarena_002.jpg

The list of specs starts with a 4.7-inch LCD display of a 720p resolution, which seems to be the best part on paper. Computing power comes from a Snapdragon 210 chipset with a quad-core 1.1GHz processor and 1GB of RAM.

Storage is a rather limiting 8GB, but is expandable via microSD. There’s a 5MP/2MP camera combo and full LTE support, courtesy of Qualcomm’s chip.

Microsoft Lumia 550

The Microsoft Lumia 550 will be available in a variety of colors for its detachable polycarbonate back cover, a staple of the lower end Lumias. Battery capacity is listed at 2,100mAh, and the whole package measures 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9mm.

The affordable Windows 10 device tips the scales at 141.9g, virtually the same as the new iPhone 6s. Apparently, that's the industry standard for a 4.7-inch smartphone.
Soure : GSMArena

Last edited:
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL: legendary camera reborn on the big screen

All through this year it felt like Microsoft has cooled off on having its own mobile OS, opting to release apps for Android and iOS instead, but now the passion is back. The Microsoft Lumia 950 XL comes to replace the two year old Lumia 1520 and to restore the PureView name to its former glory.

First things first. Gone is the 6" 1080p LCD, replaced by a 5.7" screen with QHD resolution, pitting the 950 XL against the flagship Androids. It's an AMOLED unit with Glance screen.

The Lumia 950 XL namechecks Carl Zeiss (f/1.9 lens) and PureView and brings a new iteration of the 20MP sensor (1/2.4"), this time with 2160p video out of the box. The camera's two little helpers are 5th gen optical image stabilization (OIS) and a triple-LED flash. Those are RGB LEDs too, promising natural lighting for low-light shots.

The selfie camera was given attention too, the 5MP shooter is accompanied by its own LED flash.

The Lumia name was synonymous with excellent cameras, but Android and now Apple have caught up and the Lumia 950 XL's camera does not have the lead the Lumia 1020 enjoyed.

While Microsoft adopted the new wired connector, it kept the Qi wireless charging (unlike the new Nexus phones). The 3,340mAh battery is has a bit extra in its tank compared to other flagship phablets to boot.

Windows 10 Mobile will stretch its legs on the roomy screen. At first glance the UI looks close to WP8, but Microsoft has done a lot to unify the software between Desktop and Mobile. Continuum is part of that – a desktop in your pocket, in part thanks to the USB Type-C connector, which handles triple duties (video out, data and charging). 50% battery charge takes just 30 minutes.

The OS will run on Snapdragon 810 chipset – four Cortex-A57 cores at 2GHz, four A53s at 1.5GHz, Adreno 430 to bear the load of QHD graphics and 3GB of RAM. And before you make any overheating jokes, the Surface team contributed a liquid cooling solution used in Microsoft's tablets to keep the Lumia 950 XL running cool.

Microsoft introduced the Display Dock for Continuum. It has one HDMI and one DisplayPort, plus three USB ports for accessories.

gsmarena_003.jpg

The new Windows Hello feature (currently in beta) uses the front-facing camera to recognize you and unlock the device.

The Microsoft Lumia 950 XL will cost $650 and will be available next month and there's a dual-SIM version if you need it.

Microsoft Lumia 950 goes official with PureView camera, liquid cooling

• Microsoft Windows 10

Owners of a flagship Windows Phone have had their patience stretched thin, but those that held off have been rewarded. The Microsoft Lumia 950 improves on just about every feature of the Lumia 930. About time too, the 930 is a year and a half old.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The Windows 10 Mobile device comes with a 5.2" QHD screen – the sharpest on a Lumia yet. Like the XL screen, this one is an AMOLED with Glance screen and ClearBlack, except in a more compact footprint this time.

The camera is basically the same – a 20MP PureView sensor (1/2.4") with 5th gen optical stabilization and Carl Zeiss optics (f/1.9). It can record 2160p video natively with Lumia's traditional Hi-Fi audio recording. There's a 5MP/1080p selfie camera too, but without the LED flash.

The Lumia 950 is powered by Snapdragon 808 with liquid cooling and 3GB of RAM. Gaming performance will take a hit if devs want to use the screen's full QHD resolution, but for general app usage Windows was never picky about the chipset.

gsmarena_003.jpg

The phone comes with USB Type-C and wireless charging, plus a relatively big 3,000mAh battery. Using the Type-C connector you can hook up the Display Dock, which gives you HDMI and DisplayPort video out plus three USBs.

The Microsoft Lumia 950 will cost $550, available in November. There's a dual-SIM version
139 Microsoft Lumia 550 is a 4.7" Windows 10 smartphon

Microsoft Windows 10

Microsoft announced the
Lumia 950 and 950 XL flagship pair and just as we though the devices event was moving from the Lumias towards the Surface, a Lumia 550 was briefly mentioned. An entire ten seconds of the spotlight were enough to announce the affordable smartphone will be available in December for $139.

• gsmarena_002.jpg

The list of specs starts with a 4.7-inch LCD display of a 720p resolution, which seems to be the best part on paper. Computing power comes from a Snapdragon 210 chipset with a quad-core 1.1GHz processor and 1GB of RAM.

Storage is a rather limiting 8GB, but is expandable via microSD. There’s a 5MP/2MP camera combo and full LTE support, courtesy of Qualcomm’s chip.

Microsoft Lumia 550

The Microsoft Lumia 550 will be available in a variety of colors for its detachable polycarbonate back cover, a staple of the lower end Lumias. Battery capacity is listed at 2,100mAh, and the whole package measures 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9mm.

The affordable Windows 10 device tips the scales at 141.9g, virtually the same as the new iPhone 6s. Apparently, that's the industry standard for a 4.7-inch smartphone.
Soure : GSMArena
I love Nokia/Microsoft.... great work.

I love Nokia/Microsoft.... great work.
its first time i am tempting to buy lumia after this nokia lumia 950 release. They had excellent build quality and camera before but were lacking in other department especially battery life but now these look fantastic

its first time i am tempting to buy lumia after this nokia lumia 950 release. They had excellent build quality and camera before but were lacking in other department especially battery life but now these look fantastic
What appealed to me is the ability to scale the smartphone to a desktop level. Windows 10 is great. I believe this might be the disruption which we need in this smartphone industry.
I just dont like Apple for the extraordinary costs of owning apple logo or android for the bloated footprint on tablet/smartphone. Lumia i really have liked - 635 is not bad at all. I will be looking at 950XL for sure once they get another generation out.

Try out the Microsoft Ph before you buy , especially the touch screen .
The older Nokia ph screen had a truly butter smooth feel , the Microsoft ones are plasticky .

What-if-featurephones-were-smart-91.jpg

Latest News

What would Nokia 3310 and Ericsson T28s feature if they were smartphones?
October 7, 2015 by Chris Eilers
Have you ever wondered what famous phones of the past would look like if they had had the technology we are having today? What would signature devices like Nokia 3310 and Ericsson T28s had not been just basic phones, but smartphones instead? We never know until we actually see them, don’t you agree with me?

Sneak peek before you see the whole gallery

What if the past wasn’t the past?
3D designer Martin Hajek has created a collection of those Nokia 3310 and Ericsson T28s “smartphone” renders. This is such an interesting idea that brings us both excitement and nostalgia at the same time.
In his work of art, Martin Hajek did not leave out the realistic elements of today’s actual market. In the render, Nokia 3310 smartphone runs Windows OS. Meanwhile, Ericsson T28s is powered by popular Android. If you have been here with us for a while, earlier on PricePony, I wrote a post about the Nokia 3310 Pureview concept, which is also a smartphone and sported a whooping 41MP camera. Seems like Nokia phones have been such a good topics for designers to express their creativity.
Martin Hajek came up with both black-and-white and color version for the 3310. Let’s browse the gallery, admire the finest in Hajek’s work, enjoy any excitement it brings and embrace your nostalgia. If it happens to make you miss the good old days, it is the indicator to show that you had such beautiful years in the past, when a call-and-text device was already a heaven!
Also, as usual, don’t forget to share with us your feelings and memories Enjoy the gallery of Nokia 3310 and Ericsson T28s “smartphones” below!

Nokia 3310

I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,..

Thanks for your updates about phones. Its really good news for me.

Bought Huawei Mate 8 it will arrive from Hong Kong hopefull in the week. Cant Wait!! :victory::victory::victory:

Brought iPhone 6s 16gb on black friday sale, 599€ vs 749€ normal price. Sold my oneplus One 64gb soon after it, its save to say iPhone 6s is on another level even compared to top of line android smartphone. Some people said 16gb is not enough but for me its good enough, still 6-7GB left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom