What's new

Similarites between Pakistani and Chinese cultures

RazPaK

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I just wanted to start a thread to see what cultural similarities are shared between Pakistani and Chinese people. I know some general stuff about Chinese culture, but would like to get in-depth and just have people share some cool and interesting things about each other. I'll start.

:china:

During Chinese the New Year, Chinese married couples or elders give money or (Lai-See) to young kids. I found this totally interesting, since after Ramadan is over we have a Muslim/Pakistani holiday (Eid), where we do the same thing. It's not in red-packets per say, but the concept is the same.

No similarity between Pakistan & China, both are different country with difference cultures.

The only similarity I can see is that both thinks INDIA as a enemy.

Buddhism? Pakistan has many old relics like China

I just wanted to start a thread to see what cultural similarities are shared between Pakistani and Chinese people. I know some general stuff about Chinese culture, but would like to get in-depth and just have people share some cool and interesting things about each other. I'll start.

During Chinese the New Year, Chinese married couples or elders give money or (Lai-See) to young kids. I found this totally interesting, since after Ramadan is over we have a Muslim/Pakistani holiday (Eid), where we do the same thing. It's not in red-packets per say, but the concept is the same.

Lol Indians have always been doing this for hundreds of years, I went to India last year and a relative sent me to give out stuff to young kids.

ramadan is a muslim festival this has nothing to do with a distinct cultural identity,all muslim nations do the same

ramadan is a muslim festival this has nothing to do with a distinct cultural identity,all muslim nations do the same

Can you prove that all muslim nations do this? I'm sure the ones from Asia do, including India, but I'm not sure about African Muslim nations.

Can you prove that all muslim nations do this? I'm sure the ones from Asia do, including India, but I'm not sure about African Muslim nations.

i meant to say that it is written in quran to do charity

First of all, why do indians always stick their butt in everything? This thread is about Pakistan and China, do you see the word "india" anywhere in this thread?

Secondly, no where in the Quran does it say we must give money to children on Eid. This is our Pakistani culture that we give children money on Eid day. Middle Eastern and African Muslim countries do not do the same. In Islamic teachings, giving a fat well-fed kid 100 rupees is not Zakat. Giving a poor hungry malnourished child 1000 rupees is Zakat.

Back to topic:

Both Pakistani and Chinese cultures teach us to respect our elders. We dont throw our parents out of the house when they trurn 65 like many western countries do. Both cultures believe in extended family system, where grandparents, parents, brothers, and sisters all live in the same house even uncles aunts and cousins sometimes.

And even though Pakistan today is a Muslim country with the vast majority of the population being Muslims, the land of Pakistan has a Buddhist past, and we have many ancient Buddhist statues and ancient Buddhist stupas found in our land.

Museum exhibit highlights Pakistan's Buddhist roots - CNN

Buddhist heritage: Lahore Museum

Back
Top Bottom