What's new

Silicon City in Rajshahi to create job for 14,000 youths

bd_4_ever

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
More than 14,000 youths both males and females will get job in the proposed Rajshahi Bangabandhu Silicon City, said AHM Khairuzzaman Liton, former mayor of Rajshahi City Corporation.

He said the hi-tech park will be established on 31 acres of land at Bulanpur under Rajpara police station in the city at a cost of Taka 238 crore.
Its construction will start within a shortest possible time as the project has already been approved by ECNEC, Khairuzzaman Liton added while talking to BSS.
The present government of prime minister Sheikh Hasina is very much interested to implement the project for socio-economic development of the region.
As per the government decision, the park has provisions for attracting foreign companies to set up operations in the country alongside developing indigenous technological capability for the development of the local industries.
In true sense, the park intends to create a conducive atmosphere for establishing ICT, engineering, electronics, telecommunication, biotechnology and other related knowledge based industry.
The World Bank will extend financial support to the infrastructure development of the hi-tech park. Boundary wall, street light, water and sewerage lines and a four-storied building on 60,000 square-feet area will be constructed with the support. The rest works will be implemented with domestic money.
People of the city and its adjacent areas will get privileges of using modern technology in different productive fields including agriculture upon successful completion of the initiation works on the vast tract of land.
Besides, new more avenues of employment especially for the ICT people will be created in this venture.
Deputy commissioner Kazi Ashraf Uddin told BSS that the necessary land for the Silicon City will be handed over to the park authority as early as possible.
Necessary administrative support services will be extended to the potential entrepreneurs interested in investing at the hi-tech park that will ensure electricity, water, sewerage, gas, telephone, internet and other utility services.
Md Muniruzzaman, president of Rajshahi Chamber of Commerce and Industry,said: "We want to see an immediate implementation of the project".
He says there is no alternative to promotion of modern technologies in the industrial and agricultural sectors for making those more value added.

http://en.prothom-alo.com/youth/news/134865/Silicon-City-in-Rajshahi-to-create-job-for-14-000

good initiative except the name of the park and also wish the poor farmers or the ppl wont suffer as government will take there land

14000 jobs in 31 acre compound, it will be very crowded, what are you guys planning to build there

14000 jobs in 31 acre compound, it will be very crowded, what are you guys planning to build there

Well not too sure about the precise details but they will be built ensuring lot of comfort for the employees. Hence, I dont think it would be crowded as such.

I think they are trying to build something of a smaller version a la China's famous electronic cities.

Think Sialkot in the modern age - but with electronics products, Insha-Allah.

But I'll reserve my judgment until I see concrete proof.

I think they are trying to build something of a smaller version a la China's famous electronic cities.

Good luck to BD but I think no one can beat China is Menufacturing specially in electronics, better bet would be to invest in software design and development.

Hows that Dhaka skyscraper project that you were wary about but Topcat was confident in (by that US based BD family) ...going right now out of interest?

Hows that Dhaka skyscraper project that you were wary about but Topcat was confident in (by that US based BD family) ...going right now out of interest?

Topcat may have information I don't have, and I could be wrong.

Playing me against Topcat won't serve any purpose....

And this is OT anyway.

Back
Top Bottom