What's new

Should The Lawyers Movement Rise Up Again To Protect Our Nuclear Assets?

FireFighter

Reaction score
Presence of Americans and the CIA near Pakistan Nuclear facilities is an extremely sensitive national security issue that cannot be down played. The nation needs to ask the Government why Americans are allowed to have presence at a police facility in Sihala that is a few miles away from Kahuta nuclear plant? Why our current military and/or police establishment cannot access the Sihala police Academy where Americans are based? What exactly are the hiding in there from the local authorities? It just sounds too fishy to be taken lightly.

Pakistan's current civilian regime cannot be trusted on issues relating to national security and the military is engaged in a war with the Terrorists and I think the military elite is literally tied and sitting idle when it comes to protecting the sovereignty from American civilians AND military personnel.

Mushy has done enough damage to our national security by signing deals compromising our sovereignty to the Americans without public or military establishment's consent. The situation is really bad and seems to be deteriorating over time as more Americans are being given a free-passport to go around the country at their will and do whatever they want.

Corrupt Politicians and even some corrupt military generals have been giving false assurances about the presence of CIA near Sihala posing no threat to our national security.

Those who think the presence of Americans is not a serious issue near our nuclear sites need to be asked and reminded that how many nuclear power countries in the world allow presence of foreign military officials near a few km's of their most prestigious nuclear installations?

Does Russia allow it? Hell no. What about CHina? They don't even allow surveillance planes within their airspace. UK? France? Israel???? Even India?? I'm sure the Indian media would've created a STORM at the thought of letting Americans have a presence near their nuclear installations. Then why should Pakistan allow Americans near Kahuta? It is an issue of national security and soverignity and pride for the entire nation that cannot be compromised at all costs.

Nuclear assets are a pride to every Pakistani patriot whether rich or poor, religious or secular. It's really the last and the most lethal sword we have against so many odds, so many eternal and existential threats and adversaries. It's a psychologically weapon that effortlessly tames the aggression of our enemies. And most importantly, our nuclear weapons can become a rallying point to unite the entire nation on one agenda- that is our ultimate political independence from foreign interference, restoration of our judiciary, and a sound transition to a true and symbolic democracy. Whatever people decide. The protection of our nukes is our utmost responsibility, as they ensure our own security, protection, and our very own survival as nation.

Therefore, Should the lawyers movement rise up once again to ensure their protection given the weaknesses of the military and political elites in this regard?

Should the public rise up once again with the lawyers movement and force the government to expel CIA's presence near our nuclear facilities? Why and why not?

Please explain.

May God Bless and Protect Pakistan and our Nuclear Assets from the mischievous designs and efforts of our adversaries. Ameen!!

:pakistan:

Last edited:
Are army says the nukes are safe. Enough said.

How can that be possible when you have rtd generals coming on tv saying the opposite? You think their info is not uptodate or reliable? Or having served the Army their entire lives, they're not reliable sources or lack insight into the issue?

Whats the point of having Americans at sihala near Kahuta to begin with?

How can that be possible when you have rtd generals coming on tv saying the opposite? You think their info is not uptodate or reliable? Or having served the Army their entire lives, they're not reliable sources or lack insight into the issue?

These same retd generals gave us the beasts we know as takfiri talibans. Their credibility is less than that of Rehman Malik.

No credible army person has ever implied about nuclear asset's being in any sort of threat, nor have they pointed out any Americans near Kahuta.

Asim, you havn't addressed my concerns...such as, how many nuclear capable countries allow foreign military presence near their nuke facilities?

No credible army person has ever implied about nuclear asset's being in any sort of threat, nor have they pointed out any Americans near Kahuta.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani authorities suspect that Americans involved in training of the Punjab Police at the Sihala Police College may have been involved in espionage near the Kahuta nuclear site located close by. However, US diplomats strongly deny this.

A credible government source said at least one Pakistani security agency has clearly indicated in its report submitted to the government that the Americans might have installed radiation detection devices at their Anti-Terrorism Assistance Programme (ATAP) camp situated in the college to monitor activities in the Kahuta nuclear site.

“Concerned authorities may be asked for a joint survey of the ATAP Camp by incorporating technical experts to assess if any interception equipment to detect radioactive rays has been installed or not,” the report said.

How exactly would you respond to these allegations by Pakistani security agencies?

FireFighter,

Allow me to be a little critical here. People in military all over the world often joke that normally nations own an army, but here Pakistani army owns a nation.

Before you term my statements inflaming, please take a moment to consider my conclusion: If there is any danger to the nuclear installations in Pakistan, then Pakistani army would have more to lose than Pakistan itself. Do you seriously think that the most powerful, nation controlling Pakistani army would ever let that happen?

Greedy people are everywhere in every country, and retirement from the army means loss of power. Certain creed of people might go to any extent and give out any kind of ridiculous statements to bring them back in limelight. Please understand this.

You are doing nothing more than making Pakistan a laughing stock by writing such articles. If there is any truth in that, then I would say Pakistan's days are over. Do you think they are?

FireFighter,

Allow me to be a little critical here. People in military all over the world often joke that normally nations own an army, but here Pakistani army owns a nation.
The world over? Don't speak on behalf of the 'world', spare the word from your indian markings, mate. :lol:

Before you term my statements inflaming
, please take a moment to consider my conclusion: If there is any danger to the nuclear installations in Pakistan, then Pakistani army would have more to lose than Pakistan itself. Do you seriously think that the most powerful, nation controlling Pakistani army would ever let that happen?

Greedy people are everywhere in every country, and retirement from the army means loss of power. Certain creed of people might go to any extent and give out any kind of ridiculous statements to bring them back in limelight. Please understand this.
I personally know generals, have met them, even have a couple in my own extended family, one serving and one retired, now whether you believe it or not, they pretty much HATE **** media, and hate coming on tv. they simply shy away from media glamour and limelight.

You are doing nothing more than making Pakistan a laughing stock by writing such articles. If there is any truth in that, then I would say Pakistan's days are over. Do you think they are?

Honestly, you really revealed your intents above in the first line. you're here to flame and your posts show a concerted effort in that direction.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

My answer would be........ No. They are safe already.

KIT Out

Yes, safe from the terrorists...but what about the Blackwater or the Americans?

Yes, safe from the terrorists...but what about the Blackwater or the Americans?

To stop Pakistan from becoming a Nuclear Power was much easier than de-nuclearizing Pakistan. Amercia couldn't do that in Past than why would you think US will manage to un-arm us?

I know that for sure, that how much powerful a mersionary group maybe but It can't fight an army of a country.

What do you think they'll blow'em up or take'em to US like they are a set of toys? Ain't possible for Black-Water or any Female-Water **** to take over Pakistan's most worthy assett.

KIT Out

The world over? Don't speak on behalf of the 'world', spare the word from your indian markings, mate. :lol:

I see how convenient it is for you to ignore the crux, I will grant your wish and feed you: I am not talking about Indian Generals. I am not even talking on anyone's behalf, I am no spokesperson. But I am talking about the French and American Generals, whose statements were posted in Newsweek in the year 2002, and kept reappearing for some time at the references of Pakistani army.

I personally know generals, have met them, even have a couple in my own extended family, one serving and one retired, now whether you believe it or not, they pretty much HATE **** media, and hate coming on tv. they simply shy away from media glamour and limelight.

Now would you stop speaking on others behalf and talk some substance, and quit portraying your knowing the Generals as your qualification? I am not someone who takes anyone's words on their face value. Try it with someone else.

Honestly, you really revealed your intents above in the first line. you're here to flame and your posts show a concerted effort in that direction.

Don't worry about my intentions, my mention of you might getting inflamed was after seeing the quality of your article. Leave my intents to be checked by the Mods. After all, they have a reason to be here.

Next time you post a reply, make sure you talk more about the topic and less about my intentions, lest it shall derail the thread.:cheers:

Pakistan's current civilian regime cannot be trusted on issues relating to national security and the military is engaged in a war with the Terrorists..Should the lawyers movement rise up once again to ensure their protection given the weaknesses of the military and political elites in this regard?
FF, do you REALLY believe the gov't and lawyers are disloyal to their own country? Or is it just that you prefer a military untrammeled by civilian and legal controls?

Nuclear assets are a pride to every Pakistani patriot whether rich or poor, religious or secular. It's really the last and the most lethal sword we have against so many odds, so many eternal and existential threats and adversaries. It's a psychologically weapon that effortlessly tames the aggression of our enemies.
But not the aggressions of Pakistanis. So many greedy eyes have their eyes on those "nuclear assets"! So many jihadis see Pakistan as the land where they can train, plot, and carry out terror attacks secure behind a nuclear "shield"!

The South Africans thought as you did once but realized that for them nuclear weapons were more a social hazard than a military asset and disarmed voluntarily and unilaterally. Would Pakistan be better off if it made the same choice?

But not the aggressions of Pakistanis. So many greedy eyes have their eyes on those "nuclear assets"! So many jihadis see Pakistan as the land where they can train, plot, and carry out terror attacks secure behind a nuclear "shield"!

The South Africans thought as you did once but realized that for them nuclear weapons were more a social hazard than a military asset and disarmed voluntarily and unilaterally. Would Pakistan be better off if it made the same choice?

are you really comparing pakistan with the appartied regime in South Africa. The reason they were developing nuclear assets was because they were trying to stop the world from intervening and trying to break up the regime. The reason Pakistan has nuclear weapons is because of the region that we live in. There was no threat to SA nation security. while there is a definate threat to Pakistans nation security by a neighbour that is 3 times its size.

The reason they were developing nuclear assets was because they were trying to stop the world from intervening and trying to break up the regime.
No, that was just a popular fantasy. As you said, there was no thread to SA nation security. How can you be so sure that Pakistan isn't as deluded as the whites of S.A.? There hasn't been a greedy eye cast upon Pakistani soil by India since 1971 - and right now they wouldn't take a bite even if freely offered.

Another example: ex-Yugoslavia also had nuclear "assets", though not weapons. Before it disintegrated, Yugoslavia had believed that NATO allies Greece or Italy might invade them to unite Macedonia or take back the Trieste hinterland. Yet facing civil war, its leaders possessed enough wisdom to let responsible foreigners fly these out of the country.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom