What's new

Should PN go for,Chinese Type 056 Corvettes ?

Nishan_101

BANNED
Reaction score
Chinese+Type+056+Corvette+Under+Construction+ciws+  c8023abc+602+hhq9+16+7+10+(1).jpg

sr=1

124409orkczgxc9bcp202m.jpg

Corvette-056.jpg

c705_anti-ship_missile.jpg

Its a 1500 ton multi mission Corvettes with a Z-9C ASW helicopter. If we are able to build in three blocks and five on each block then till 2022/2024 we would have atleast 15 Corvettes. More over 7 F-22Ps that we are planning to add that would have some newer weapons and sensors from Chinese side along with Babur Naval version from Pakistani side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that they can afford that if they force the GoP to give them funds that would support the local industry as well as would create jobs and skills. Although we can produce these corvettes in two phases like 5 Corvettes in 5 years (along with 2 Corvettes for MSA/Pakistan Coast Guards) and then another 6 in the next 5 years(along with 2 Corvettes for MSA/Pakistan Coast Guards). So this totals to 15 corvettes.

Don't start thread on topic you don't understand. They only help to show how stupid and immature you are.

Seriously when will mods start closing threads like " Pakistan should get this and that " which I see a bunch of people doing everyday !

As if they are paying for it !

Seriously when will mods start closing threads like " Pakistan should get this and that " which I see a bunch of people doing everyday !

As if they are paying for it !

Its just realizing the fact that you don't want to discuss that thing. I am just letting others to comment on it that there will be some great capability that we may gain from it.

Forget about payment for awhile , tell me , doen PN need them? nishan-01 , on one thread you said pn should go for 21 f22p aswell as a huge number of corvettes not to mention the FACs we are getting- can you justify the need? why dont you think pn needs Type 054A frigate?What can be the most cost effective solution for PN? What would be the role of perry class frigates?

If you start a thread , you should take into account some parameters to give a template for the members to work on otherwise the threads become useless very quickly
There is some hope to salvage the thread , ive changed the title a bit

Frigates;

Soviet Riga-class frigates>Type 053 (2,400 tons)>Type 053H3 Jiangwei II) > F22p Zulfiquar-class (3,144 t)

Type 053H3 Jiangwei II (2,393)>Type 054 Jiangkai I (4,300)>Type 054A Jiangkai II (4,053 t)

Type 053H3 frigate>Type 056

Type 12M (2,560) >Type 12I (2,790) >Type 21 Tariq class (3,250 t) >Type 22 (4,400) >Type 23 (4,900t)

Garcia class (2,624)>Brooke class (3,426 t) >Knox class (4,260)>Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate (4,200) >Freedom class/Independence class littoral combat ship

Riga class (1,416t) >Krivak class (3,575) >Neustrashimyy class (4,400) >Admiral Gorshkov class frigate(4,500t)

Destroyers;

*Destroyers with type prefix 051 use steam turbines and the ones with 052 use gas turbines.
Type 051>Type 052 >Type 051B >Type 051C>Type 052B >Type 052C (7,000 tons)

County class (6,200)>Type 82 (6,300)>Type 42 (4,350)>Type 45 destroyer (8,000)

Spruance class (8,040) >Arleigh Burke class (8,315 t) >Zumwalt-class destroyer

Kashin class (4,390t) >Sovremenny class (7,940)/Udaloy class>Project 21956 (9,000 t)

''>'' means proceeded by or upgraded upon-- I hope I got the sequence right

regards
Antibody

The 056 design offers PN some interesting features (SAM, helideck) at low cost. It would be a usefull patrol unit. However, it cannot offer the reach of e.g. the 2-3x larger ex-USN Perry class. Nor does it offer anything beyond minimal self-defence capability in terms of embarked weaponry, e.g. compared to F22P or Type 054A. So it is only of interest as part of a hi-lo mix of ships, as a force multiplier (but not as primary surface combat ship). Both quantity and quality of ships are as always dependent on available funding, which - as we know - remains very limited. In sum, 11-15 Type 056 ships appears a pipe-dream.

Its just realizing the fact that you don't want to discuss that thing. I am just letting others to comment on it that there will be some great capability that we may gain from it.

Even when one goes to a super market, a number of factors are taken into consideration before buying anything such as what is needed? why is it needed? what is the cost? what benefit one brand has over the other etc?

Similar considerations are taken into account for defence purchases especially big ticket item. Considerations include what is the threat perception, what is the strategy to address the threat perception? what is the cost of maintaining the deterrent? what mix of platforms should be maintained as cost efficient force? what are the operating cost? what are the platform capabilities? what are the manpower requirements etc. etc? It is not a general or an admiral sitting down and saying,we will buy a dozen 054As, half a dozen 056s and two dozen P3Cs. So the point being such threads, especially their titles are really silly and childish and suggest very little understanding of military matters by the thread starter. They really pull down the quality of discussion on the forum. Instead of the title you used, it would be better if you use something like "Is 056 a good fit for the Pakistan Navy" or "What are the capabilities of 056 and are they useful for Pakistan Navy" etc. etc.

Even when one goes to a super market, a number of factors are taken into consideration before buying anything such as what is needed? why is it needed? what is the cost? what benefit one brand has over the other etc?

Similar considerations are taken into account for defence purchases especially big ticket item. Considerations include what is the threat perception, what is the strategy to address the threat perception? what is the cost of maintaining the deterrent? what mix of platforms should be maintained as cost efficient force? what are the operating cost? what are the platform capabilities? what are the manpower requirements etc. etc? It is not a general or an admiral sitting down and saying,we will buy a dozen 054As, half a dozen 056s and two dozen P3Cs. So the point being such threads, especially their titles are really silly and childish and suggest very little understanding of military matters by the thread starter. They really pull down the quality of discussion on the forum. Instead of the title you used, it would be better if you use something like "Is 056 a good fit for the Pakistan Navy" or "What are the capabilities of 056 and are they useful for Pakistan Navy" etc. etc.

Yes it will be better for our Navy as it can take the role of protecting the waters in our territory and F-22Ps will take charge beyond that. As its a multi mission one so can take care better.

How much do they cost? maybe pakistan can think of milgem class corvette? 2,300 tonne .

Can carry 8 harpoon missile , 21 Ram missile , and torpedoes.

Milgem class corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(5).jpg

According to a CNN Türk news report on September 27, 2008, the navies of Canada, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ukraine and a number of South American countries have expressed interest in acquiring MİLGEM class warships.[18] The Pakistan Navy shows interest in acquiring four MİLGEM class corvettes over a 10-year program, of which three to be manufactured in local shipyards.[citation needed] On the 6th of April 2011, Indonesia and Turkey signed cooperation agreement on defense industry including the construction of two MİLGEM class corvettes for the Indonesian Navy.[19]

First of all, for a person like me, can someone please explain the different types of warships?

What is a frigate? What is a corvette? :)

First of all, for a person like me, can someone please explain the different types of warships?

What is a frigate? What is a corvette? :)

Frigate is larger than corvette. Corvette is smaller than a frigate but larger than a coastal patrol craft.
Destroyer is larger than both Frigate and Corvette. :enjoy:

In order from largest to smallest.

Cruiser > Destroyer > Frigates > Corvette

Back
Top Bottom