What's new

Should Pakistan Reverse Engineer Some of it's Older Fighter Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say PAC and all other major engineering facilities in pakistan should do one thing... start internship programs for engineering students let say 6 months internship...also provide universities with some retired jet adn their engines radars etc, try to polish the engineering students ,,, give them some practical know how... and please try to stop the brain drain.. so many pakistani engineers working abroad just because they don't get the proper apportunity here.

Given the stste of Pakistani economy and the fact that any Fighter programme takes atleast 10-15 Years, if u develop each componenet on ur own i dont find it wise to reverse engineer an old aircraft.

The best option is to let ur engineers have close cooperation with chinese on any future project say JXX and gain experiance by setting up a local production.

Reverse engineering is a good Option to be done if The Creators of those Aircrafts are happy with it, But Again Gaining experiance and Knowledge By working closely with China would be a better option , why loose trust by Re-Engineering, Re-Engineering is good for China because They Dont have to please anyone, they are self capable, No one can terrorize them, But Pakistan is still in the process of Growth, I would keep my arms on "Monitoring and working closely with china" Because You not only gain experiance but help your allies aswell, good for both the countries...

any nation want to get faster jump in technology know how it must start with a reverse engineer program otherwise that nation will keep spending it's money resources to buy down graded weaponsز

If you reverse engineer a scape, you will get scrap only.

Try to reverse engineer new fighter like F-22 or F-35 etc not Mig 21.

Hi, I think the reply by Mr. Agni 5 says it all. Moreover, I think he said it very politely...

Junk in = Junk out!

To the Indian friends do you know what we call the dummy guy in my country we call him are you Indian before I'd much of respect for you but now with your silly sarcastic posts you made me change my mind, plus you been so dumm for decades that you were making russian weapons without any attempt to transfer the technology or reverse engineer it at least for future know how???!!!! but look at chinese how smart they are, with the reverse engineer they're now at least 10 years ahead of you in any term of technology and industry???!!!! sorry for the little bit painful facts but I get disgusted when a dumm playing smart :disagree::angry:

Sir,

Tradey of pakistan is not the politicians of pakistan----tragedy of pakistan is the young men that it has raised---men totally clueless to the realities of the world---so engrossed in their own beliefs and arrogance.

India does not need to reverse engineer anything---it does not need to transfer technology if it does not want to----when there are hoards of sellers standing in line to offer their wears---every manufacturer begging to give its design and secrets of production---opening up production lines.

Giving them real design and manufacturing facilties---who would be the id-iot to reverse engineer anything under those circumstance----.

Please---pakistanis---I beg you---don't make a fool of yourself in front of the world all the time---.

Of course We are very Fragile for making Jet engine.Pak should re-engineer these old engines, Learn and using the experience, then may come for new generation engines. Indigenous Engine is much needed this time.

I am sure that PAF has learnt a lot from over haul and other upgrades. And now I think PAF should invest more into JF-17s, K-8, Super Mushak or may be a newly design one, a 5-7 passenger plane that can also be used for attack purposes with twin five bladed propeller engine and other UVAs and UCAVs programs. Although they share the learnt knowledge of old aircraft to those who are learning how to make aircrafts.

IMHO, some of the major areas for a basic jet manufacturing are;

1) Design----> i think pakistan has good know how as far as the design is concerned because it has provided very valuable inputs in the aircraft designs and made changes to alot of chinese fighter jets that it procured e.g F 7 , JF 17(Joint Venture) and J10 .

2) Avionics---> i think pakistan, if not capable of fully manufacturing, is in good understanding of the science and mechanics of Avionics, we have produced/improved some good stuff in collaboration with friendly countries and i personally know some people who worked on such projects with success.

3) metallurgical science---> we do have reasonable knowledge of it, however, we desperately need to aquire advance knowledge and tech in this area.

4) Engine ---> we desperately need to research into this area with full thrust, if u know and can produce the metals to be used in the airframe, u know the avionics and control systems then the only thing u need to make that piece of metal airbourne is the engine, the engine will determine the scope of the jet, its speed, weight lifting power, range(fuel efficiency), overall cost of jet, endurance in the air etc.

keep in mind that i,ve only mentioned major areas of a basic jet not the advance techs available today and i think there is no harm if the SAARC countries start a joint aviation and design university for civil and commercial use initially on the format of EU which may help them produce some good stuff which would be viable ofcourse coz they themselves are the biggest potential market for such products.

FEEL FREE TO DISAGREE....MY 2 CENTS...

indegeneous engine for what a 100cc motor bike?
pak has not local aircraft program and prolly wont have in near future. then what r u gonaa do with that engine. atleast think before u say anything broo

:cry: Please your stupid posts are killing me.

We are making JF-17's in Kamra, and much more...

Honestly I don't understand these regimes from Indonesia to morocco except Iran of course otherwise they deserve to be baby sitter instead of been leaders of there countries.

:cry: Please your stupid posts are killing me.

We are making JF-17's in Kamra, and much more...
Not enough at all plus it's chinese design and make.

Honestly I don't understand these regimes from Indonesia to morocco except Iran of course otherwise they deserve to be baby sitter instead of been leaders of there countries.

Not enough at all plus it's chinese design and make.

???? 60% of work is handled by PAC in Kamra. Yup not enough. Chinese design?? I'm sorry but JF-17 was a JV and was both of our designs. Unlike some other indigenious planes coming out in IAF... Ahem ahem. :whistle:

IMHO, some of the major areas for a basic jet manufacturing are;

1) Design----> i think pakistan has good know how as far as the design is concerned because it has provided very valuable inputs in the aircraft designs and made changes to alot of chinese fighter jets that it procured e.g F 7 , JF 17(Joint Venture) and J10 .

2) Avionics---> i think pakistan, if not capable of fully manufacturing, is in good understanding of the science and mechanics of Avionics, we have produced/improved some good stuff in collaboration with friendly countries and i personally know some people who worked on such projects with success.

3) metallurgical science---> we do have reasonable knowledge of it, however, we desperately need to aquire advance knowledge and tech in this area.

4) Engine ---> we desperately need to research into this area with full thrust, if u know and can produce the metals to be used in the airframe, u know the avionics and control systems then the only thing u need to make that piece of metal airbourne is the engine, the engine will determine the scope of the jet, its speed, weight lifting power, range(fuel efficiency), overall cost of jet, endurance in the air etc.

keep in mind that i,ve only mentioned major areas of a basic jet not the advance techs available today and i think there is no harm if the SAARC countries start a joint aviation and design university for civil and commercial use initially on the format of EU which may help them produce some good stuff which would be viable ofcourse coz they themselves are the biggest potential market for such products.

FEEL FREE TO DISAGREE....MY 2 CENTS...

i agree with some of ur points but disagree with others

design: design is never the problem. any country can design a modern aircraft frame. bcoz 1000s of planes have aready been designed and studied with all different configurations already tried. i am sure pakistan can design one. a team a 10 smart experienced aerodynamic engineers and a few computer graphic engineers can do it if given proper infrastructure in 2 yrs.

avionics: thats is where real problem will start. 4.5 gen ac have 40 major avionics and and 100s minor. mastering each one of them takes decades. it will take huge number of electrical engineers and computer programmers which pakistan doesnt have at all. the total electrical phds is pakistan are very low and the engineers are also low quality. it took both india and china more than 10 yrs to master all those avionics and india still have to make an aesa radar.

engine: plz forget abt that i dont even wanna talk and discuss pakistani engine. sorry. i would be more happy if pakistan first learns to build a 100cc bike engine

tell me if u agree with my views

Hi,

Thankyou very much for your post---.

As a matter of fact reverse engineering is more difficult than designing something from scratch.

You have to be of the same calibre or of better calibre to understand the intricacies of design.

You have to get into the brain of the scientist / engineer who designed that object---you have to think like the designer---how he did it and why he did it---why ias the most difficult part.

Now reverse engineering a helicopter is the most difficult part of the problem----.

The first question is----does the rotor turn clock wise or does the rotor turn anti clock wise---that will present the biggest problem---that will basically make or break your research.

I don know about military hardware, But Software is easy to reverse engineer than creating fresh. The most important thing is idea and structure of software. The logic and thought process, If a sample code is avaliable , it is quite easier to copy/reverse-eng the software than designing it fresh..

I don't know bout military hardware, coz I have not worked on that.

i agree with some of ur points but disagree with others

design: design is never the problem. any country can design a modern aircraft frame. bcoz 1000s of planes have aready been designed and studied with all different configurations already tried. i am sure pakistan can design one. a team a 10 smart experienced aerodynamic engineers and a few computer graphic engineers can do it if given proper infrastructure in 2 yrs.

avionics: thats is where real problem will start. 4.5 gen ac have 40 major avionics and and 100s minor. mastering each one of them takes decades. it will take huge number of electrical engineers and computer programmers which pakistan doesnt have at all. the total electrical phds is pakistan are very low and the engineers are also low quality. it took both india and china more than 10 yrs to master all those avionics and india still have to make an aesa radar.

engine: plz forget abt that i dont even wanna talk and discuss pakistani engine. sorry. i would be more happy if pakistan first learns to build a 100cc bike engine

tell me if u agree with my views

Government of Pak isn't responsible for making bike engines.

I think JF-17BLKII is 4.5 gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom