What's new

Should Kashmir get a chance to decide their future through Referendum?

Should Kashmir get a chance to decide their future through Referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
472ea9124cb2f92731613386af424945.jpg

p.s.

I think Kashmir's case is pretty strong here, they too deserve to decide their future..

UN must implement its decision of referendum in Kashmir.

So I say Yes, they should get a chance.

p.s. If you are answering No, then also explain why not? what other possible solution do you suggest?

Last edited:
Simple No. They can decide whether to live in India or Not.Kashmir is our land and indispensable part of India. They are free to Migrate to Pakistan and live happily like their brothers in Azad Kashmir.

View attachment 62438

p.s.

I think Kashmir's case is pretty strong here, they too deserve to decide their future..

p.s. If you are answering No, then also explain why not? what other possible solution do you suggest?

Let us begin with Azad Kashmir (Gulam Kashmir)

Must? :lol: They don't care anymore & after the Shimla agreement are not about to touch it again anyways.
That unfortunately is the bottomline for the separatists and their fanboys. :D

Oh btw - do you know Mirwaiz was pelted with stones when he tried giving a speech on Army's mishandling? :D

Pakistanis often claim Kashmir as the unfinished business of Partition. That's the communal State policy (since partition was itself was communal!)

But it was unfair that in 1947, only Muslims were asked if they wished to separate. The Hindus were not consulted if they wanted to stay united or not! If a referendum is done, let's do one for all of India and Pakistan as well by the same logic? It's not too far-fetched. East West Germany, North South Yemen etc did get united. Why not do a referendum and get over with it?

If not, then at least let all Indians (who have invested money, shed blood and cried and labored over Kashmir) also have a vote? They certainly have done more for Kashmir than Geelani and his cohorts.

On the other hand, if Muslim majority is the only logic (as it is) then why not hold a referendum in Western UP, North Kerala, parts of West Bengal, Southern Assam, Hyderabad, etc? Why should they be discriminated? They are also as Muslim as a Dar or a Butt(converted from Dhar and Bhatt) of Kashmir. They should also be given the choice of not only joining Pakistan but carry the land along as well!

The whole idea is hilarious, to say the least.

Last edited:
I think Pakistan, "the self appointed protector of kashmiris and their interests"( :P :P) should hold a plebiscite in Azad Kashmir (Allowing only voters whose ancestors lived in kashmir pre 1947) AND THEN challenge India to do the same.

View attachment 62438

p.s.

UN must implement its decision of referendum in Kashmir.

So, when u say UN must implement its decision of referendum in Kashmir..
it includes what u guys call Azad Kashmir, also Gilgit Baltistan, Also Aksai Chin, also the piece of land u handed over to China in 1963...because remember the UN resolution talked about referendum for the whole of J&K Kingdom..may be u should think about it...

Also...Please read the UN resolutions...

some ppl argue as if India was holding a gun pointing towards their head when they signed shimla agreement.

no because, if they choose independence then, Pakistan will loose close to 30,000 sq mi of territory & will also loose the china border , the best solution is for Pakistan to accept LOC as the international border & in return India makes some concessions , the Kashmiri's who don't want to stay with India can then come to the Pakistani side of Kashmir

Back
Top Bottom