What's new

Should Kalabagh Dam be built?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they cant even built Dia Mir Basha DAM even with all approvals and you dreaming of Kala bagh DAM

it should be built and soon and basha dam so i can make more post in time f**king light man sick of this load shading man:angry:

it should be built and soon and basha dam so i can make more post in time f**king light man sick of this load shading man:angry:

Basha DAM will remain a Dream Dear these so called leaders will not let it complete or start .

water stream running towards Chillas Town (First Town Of Gilgit Baltistan ) from babusar top there i my self saw 4 boards written by Wapda ... Proposed Site for 4 megawatt unit on water stream it was a small water stream .. they cant even built those small unit how can we expect DIAMIR BASHA DAM from these Corrupt leaders .

Is it allowed as per Indus waters treaty?

Indus water treaty has nothing to do with this dam.

@topic: Dams are important structure in human culture. ppl have some misconception
a) It destroy enviornment: Yes it does, but after 10-15 year ecology stable herself and things become stable.
b) ppl displacement: If govt wants, they can replace the population to better place.
c) It dry up river: wrong, It control the water, during rain it store excess water, it release those water in summer.

So go Pakistan, go for the infrastructure projects.. It will save your economy.

your remarks are un-ethical and uncalled for, Please follow the engineering ethics in the light of 2010flood when flood level at
Barotha Power Complex gone up to 922feet, Also study the design of Brotha Power Complex which state that level at Barotha
Power Complex would rise by 25feet with kalabagh dam if flood of 1929 reoccure,

i dont know why people are posting in 3 years old thread. If anybody wants to discuss kalabagh they should create new thread explaining present situation in the country and pros and cons of this project. There were no floods in the country when original post was created

and any idiot should know that its practically impossible that nowshera be remotely effected reason ? because the ghazi brotha project of 1400 MW is 10 km down stream of nowshera..would we sink such a massive project?

your remarks are un-ethical and uncalled for, Please follow the engineering ethics in the light of 2010flood when flood level at
Barotha Power Complex gone up to 922feet, Also study the design of Brotha Power Complex which state that level at Barotha

Federal decisions should not be dependent on Provincial governments - and federal decisions should be above all as long as they also have approval form Supreme court

If that Damn was constructed in 1980 , probably the 2010 flood would not have been so severe and there would be enough water saved for Pakistani Agricultural area for next 15 years

As I stated FEDERAL decisions should be above provincial matters and all the benefits should be equally distributed based on population levels

From my perspective - there is no such thing as Sindhi , Punjabi , Pakhtoon, Balouch , Kashmiri
There is one thing that matters and that is being Pakistani

Which is why I favor break up of all provinces into equal counties or similar structures

There should be NO PROVINCES BASED ON LANGUAGE

Benefits :

> Drinkable Water Resource for Pakistani (Punjab , Paktoonkuwa , Sindh or even Baluchistan)
> Free Hydro Electricity
> Avoidance of floods as it can trap excess rain water
> Water saved for Agricultural land in Baluchistan or other dry provinces

its not the power complex thats the issue, its the gradient thats the issue..iwhat i meant that if nowshera is going to sink so is then brotha project, in other words nowshera being sunked is just a rumour..anyway kalabagh is more than 60km downstream of owshera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom