What's new

Shamsi Air Base under UAE control: Air Chief

I demand all the lovers of the 'ummah' and associated variety declare UAE an enemy for having sublet the air strip to the US for drone strikes. At once they should boycott Emirati products including their khajoor, Etihad & Emirates Airlines and the Dubai Shopping Festival. All people should come and protest against the enemies of Pakistan, the Emiratis and the millions of Pakistans toiling in the Emirates should return from the enemy country.

Lovers of 'ummah', where art thou?

Some of the post on this thread simply baffle me as they reflect the lack of knowledge and maturity of the the posters. They need to do some research and look up Google Earth before they post. First of all it is not an airbase but an airstrip. It has not HASs, no hangers, not air traffic control towers, no crew housing or any other permenant structures. When the Yanks were using the airstrip they had put up some temporary structures which are all gone now. UAE uses both Dalbendin and Shamsi when they come for their hunting trips to Pakistan. The CAS did exaggerate a bit though.

There were claims that UAE is issuing stapled visas to Azad Kashmir residents.

Doesn't sound like a 'brotherly' country to me.

There were claims that UAE is issuing stapled visas to Azad Kashmir residents.

Doesn't sound like a 'brotherly' country to me.

Whovever said that these Arab Sheikhs were 'brothers' of the Muslim World? They love the Jewish women and their luxurious palaces more than anything else in life.

Its a pitty is that we have a lot of fanboys into "premium membership". People asking why UAE?
1- PAF deputes its pilots to UAE, it not only helps PAF to maintain its pilot force but also provides them opportunity to train on modern platform.
2- There is some history between UAE and KSA, so it could be a good bilatral option. PAF pilots train on UAE's platforms, UAE ensures more survivability by diversifying its forces across region. PAF gets a renovated base which can be readily used in case of need.
3- I think we need a base for PLAAF as well, its a good option which can potentially yeild a win-win situation.on one hand, it gives PLAAF operational flexibility and on other, potentially eliminate PAF's need for large procurment.
4- How many of our members know that India operates possibally two operational bases in Tajikstan i.e. Fakhur and Ayni (Fakhur seems to house fighters whereas ayni is thought to be used for special ops. So allowing a base on our west will effectively provide an indirect detterent to surprises and PAF can concentrate on eastern front. I hope modes do make some decisions which would allow members to be worth their tags.

Now finally new version of Pakistan!

Where..

China Port... China Airforce Base...
USA Airforce base... US Carrier near Arabian Sea very close to Karachi also owned base inside Pakistan
Russia coming for water.. defintly need base.. and in few years port
Emirates finally have base of Airforce in few years i think unka b right banta hey unko bhi port de jaye

WOW AMAZING.. i think we should give 1 base to ISreal and India as well

Dubai known as "DUTY FREE" nation...
Pakistan known as "BASE FREE" Nation

"sastay paisoon may bahtareen base dastyaab hey"

I am interested to see Drone belly dance with F16 @ Shamsi base man ... wanna go :D because its owned by Arabs lol

Its a pitty is that we have a lot of fanboys into "premium membership". People asking why UAE?
1- PAF deputes its pilots to UAE, it not only helps PAF to maintain its pilot force but also provides them opportunity to train on modern platform.
2- There is some history between UAE and KSA, so it could be a good bilatral option. PAF pilots train on UAE's platforms, UAE ensures more survivability by diversifying its forces across region. PAF gets a renovated base which can be readily used in case of need.
3- I think we need a base for PLAAF as well, its a good option which can potentially yeild a win-win situation.on one hand, it gives PLAAF operational flexibility and on other, potentially eliminate PAF's need for large procurment.
4- How many of our members know that India operates possibally two operational bases in Tajikstan i.e. Fakhur and Ayni (Fakhur seems to house fighters whereas ayni is thought to be used for special ops. So allowing a base on our west will effectively provide an indirect detterent to surprises and PAF can concentrate on eastern front. I hope modes do make some decisions which would allow members to be worth their tags.

Pakistan territory should be 100% under the control of Pakistan government. That includes FATA. That includes any air bases. That includes every square inch of Pakistan.

We pay and expect the PAF to defend Pakistan. On all sides. There is no option to outsource 'the western flank' to UAE or PLAAF or anyone else.

And, finally, I can't believe you just compared Pakistan to Tajikistan. You've got to be kidding!

why with UAE,
what is the logic behind this. ?

Because UAE is such a 'brotherly' country that they refuse to recognize Pakistan's claim on Azad Kashmir, and iissue stapled visas to our residents from there.

Shamsi is not an airbase you all idiots- its an airfield-

Why the F__k is the base under UAE control for what freaken purpose and why??

Total area of UAE is less than our Jafferabad division.They need our air bases for training of their pilots.From wikipedia
"In the 1970s and 80s, the UAEAF was instructed by Pakistan Air Force pilots on Dassault Mirage IIIs, the backbone of the UAEAF at the time. Even today, many of the personnel are ex-Pakistan Air Force officers and technicians. Most of the flying instructors at Al Ain are from Pakistan, training pilots using Grob G 115, Pilatus PC-7, Aermacchi MB-339, and BAE Hawk 63 aircraft. A few officers of No. 12 Squadron (Hawk 102) at Minhad Air Base, are also from the Pakistan Air Force. Some of these officers are on deputation (active service), but most are on civilian contracts with the Air Force Headquarters in Abu Dhabi."
so this is the relationship & this is not unique or worlds only even Singapore uses air bases from Thailand.
This airbase is also used for royal family hunting trips in Pakistan.

It doesn't matter if it's a potato farm. If there is any military equipment on it, it should be under our control.

I am sure the airfield is not gifted to UAE- it must be on lease or something- and of course there will be some terms and conditions a contract- I see no point in condemning it-

Back
Top Bottom