What's new

Shaan Taseer booked for 'hate speech' following Christmas message.

I am not talking about people here, I am asking, after abandoning Balesphmy law, as most of secularist are wanting, what will be the soultion if some people commit blasphemy and insult or humiliate sacred values ?
So now its not about people after i posted facts ok ok :D
If we abandon it we will stop arresting mentally ill and illiterates over blasphemy

we will do what app SAW did when people of taif stoned him or qurashi women threw trash at him he forgave them.show them our soft side and bring them into our circle by doing it.
there is no concept of blasphemy law in islam

Ignore those ignorants and let the highest authority means Allah handle it.

So why not ignore everything ? Do you people ignore if someone insult your loved ones ? your parents ? your siblings ? your spouse ?
Do ptians ignore if someone insults Imran Khan ?
Do pmlnians ignore is someone insults Sharifs ?
Do people ignore on this forum is someone insults COAS, ISI chief ?

Why not leave everything to ALLAH, why is the report button on this forum ?

So why not ignore everything ? Do you people ignore if someone insult your loved ones ? your parents ? your siblings ? your spouse ?

read me post again i am doing what my prophet did

These are completely different things when Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) himself never ordered anyone's arrest or execution than who are we to take these matters into our own hands? if you want you can try to convince those people not to mock in a certain manner but if they don't listen to you than leave it to Allah that's it.

To the people in this thread that support the law, it isn't even based on Islam. It comes from British colonial Christian based laws.

It is absolutely disgusting just how little peoplease even know about this. It's even worse that religious leaders in Pakistan, who should know better, support such a broken law.

@Djinn it did kill his father, or are we just going to ignore the fact that the motivation for his murder was his opposition to this very law. Also this law may not have yet killed the woman Shaan's father represented, but it very well could, the fact that she's in jail proves it.

It is the right of every Pakistani to question national laws, his nose belongs right where it is, especially since his own father died fighting against this law.

If you don't keep your government in check, you end up becoming a sheep. And then you wonder why Pakistan is so corrupt.

The supreme court has already ruled that criticising the law is perfectly legal, what "Sunni Tahreek" is doing is illegal.

People complain about a lack of enforcement of law, yet people are cheering from the rooftops at this illegal action.

read me post again i am doing what my prophet did
These are completely different things when Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) himself never ordered anyone's arrest or execution than who are we to take these matters into our own hands? if you want you can try to convince those people not to mock in a certain manner but if they don't listen to you than leave it to Allah that's it.

According to several hadiths, Muhammad ordered a number of enemies executed "in the hours after Mecca's fall". One of those who was killed was Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf, because he had insulted Muhammad.[12]

The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him. Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah

— Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:52:270, see also Sahih al-Bukhari, 5:59:369, 3:45:687, 4:52:271
It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir that the Messenger of Allah said: Who will kill Ka'b b. Ashraf? He has maligned Allah, the Exalted, and His Messenger. Muhammad b. Maslama said: Messenger of Allah, do you wish that I should kill him? He said: Yes. He said: Permit me to talk (to him in the way I deem fit). He said: Talk (as you like).

— Sahih Muslim, 19:4436
Muhammad declared that there shall be no punishment for murdering anyone who disparages, abuses or insults him (tashtimu, sabb al rasool),[4]

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib: A Jewess used to abuse the Prophet and disparage him. A man strangled her till she died. The Apostle of Allah declared that no recompense was payable for her blood.

— Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4349 see also Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4348

Islam regards blasphemy against the Prophet a very heinous crime and the Quran strongly forbids blasphemy and makes 11 references to it: 2:88, 4:15, 5:17, 5:64, 5:68, 5:73, 6:19, 9:74, 11:19, 14:28, 39:8. They are all against it. At the conquest of Makkah, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (p.u.h.) announced general amnesty to all except those who were guilty of blasphemous acts and sacrilegious statements. Both Nasai and Sunan Abu Daud, famous Hadith books, narrate that a slave Jew woman was killed by her master for her repeated blasphemy against the Prophet and when the case was brought to the Prophet’s notice he declared no retaliation against the master. (Hadith No.4348)

@Hell hound @The Sandman
If you will ignore people the same way you ignore those who insult or humiliate sacred values of Islam, than only you could talk about following the Sunnah.
So, if someone insult you, your family, your loved ones, your country, your favorite leaders, your favorite institutions, then you must ignore them. So, your stance regarding blasphemy will be justified, otherwise hypocrite.

To the people in this thread that support the law, it isn't even based on Islam. It comes from British colonial Christian based laws.

It is absolutely disgusting just how little peoplease even know about this. It's even worse that religious leaders in Pakistan, who should know better, support such a broken law.

@Djinn it did kill his father, or are we just going to ignore the fact that the motivation for his murder was his opposition to this very law. Also this law may not have yet killed the woman Shaan's father represented, but it very well could, the fact that she's in jail proves it.

It is the right of every Pakistani to question national laws, his nose belongs right where it is, especially since his own father died fighting against this law.

If you don't keep your government in check, you end up becoming a sheep. And then you wonder why Pakistan is so corrupt.

The supreme court has already ruled that criticising the law is perfectly legal, what "Sunni Tahreek" is doing is illegal.

People complain about a lack of enforcement of law, yet people are cheering from the rooftops at this illegal action.
Speaking up against the law or discussing a matter which is of no relevance to someone are two different things. If the matter is in the court of law then one should not resort to any interference especially if it is at the behest of a public office and as whether the law is debatable or not trying to influence it is also against the law. If that woman had not been thrown into jail then most probably she would have been killed, so on the flip side the law has preserved her life so far. Do you believe that if the laws do get eliminated, will that stop raging mobs from charging at the accused? No, right? Same is the case with Salman Taseer's murder, repelling the laws wont repel the people from taking matters into their own hands.

They dont hang them in streets or burn them alive

Do you have faith in the almighty? If so let them face their maker ....
So my faith will be judged on how much I close my eyes upon seeing persistent hate speech and insult, which is forbidden in almost every part of the world.
Why all this is being said for the when it comes to hate speech against Islam ?

They dont hang them in streets or burn them alive
And so does not the section 295/c includes any provision for hanging in the street and burning alive.

So my faith will be judged on how much I close my eyes upon seeing persistent hate speech and insult, which is forbidden in almost every part of the world.
Why all this is being said for the when it comes to hate speech against Islam ?
because Muslims tend to over react.no other country other than few Muslim one hag people for such reasons

Back
Top Bottom