What's new

Schiebel Drone - Pakistan Navy

scheibel_s-100_uae_af_0.jpg
5-schiebel-camcopter.jpg
Al-Sabr-keeps-watch.jpg
s trailer.jpg
839a192a111d237e0d3d51dba79ff279.jpg
Schiebel armed.jpg

It can remain airborne for up to 10 hours and can provide a live video feed to the ground station within a radius of 180km.
http://www.janes.com/article/49398/al-sabr-keeps-watch-idx15d3

Last edited:
Lesson learnt from Predators monitoring OBL in Afghanistan: if it is worth monitoring, it is also worth shooting at. I wouldn't invest money if it doesn't have 'teeth to bite'.

Lesson learnt from Predators monitoring OBL in Afghanistan: if it is worth monitoring, it is also worth shooting at. I wouldn't invest money if it doesn't have 'teeth to bite'.
It is not necessary to have combat capabilities onboard the same unit, otherwise it will be too bulky and expensive and I still doubt what kind of weapons will it be able to carry especially for maritime role, anti-ship missiles and torpedo are really heavy weapons.

Thus it is the best system for monitoring and then fire can be directed from the ships and other assets like Zarb missile system or JF17 equipped with CM-400AKG. I like the idea of having an eye monitor sea for 6 - 7 hrs, thus each ship should have more than two such units so as to keep eyes on the target area uninterrupted especially when there is a little tip.

Sir, is the white light in the pic is the moon?
Really good photography :)

Last edited:
It is not necessary to have combat capabilities onboard the same unit, otherwise it will be too big and expensive and I still doubt what kind of weapons will it be able to carry especially for maritime role, anti-ship missiles and torpedo are really heavy weapons.

Thus it is the best system for monitoring and then fire can be directed from the ships and other assets like Zarb missile system or JF17 equipped with CM-400AKG. I like the idea of having an eye monitor sea for 6 - 7 hrs, thus each ship should have more than two such units so as to keep eyes on the target area uninterrupted especially when there is a little tip.

I agree. When I say 'teeth to bite', it doesn't have to be onboard missiles. As long as whatever is being monitored can also be targeted and attacked at the press of a button, I am happy!

It is not necessary to have combat capabilities onboard the same unit, otherwise it will be too bulky and expensive and I still doubt what kind of weapons will it be able to carry especially for maritime role, anti-ship missiles and torpedo are really heavy weapons.

Another use could be, that since PA has started using Laser guided arty shells, this could very well carry a laser designator.

Secondly, it is dual use, you can load it with missiles as well, the advantage it has over other drones is that it does not need a runway.

That indeed is the moon.

Best Regards

I doubt if this drone is inducted by PN.

"I am amused", the Queen would say . Could be Off topic , sorry.

JSC-Gorizont-Holds-Test-Flights-of-Unmanned-Helicopter-System-for-Russian-Coast-Guard-375x261.jpg

Austria restricts weapon exports but produces in Russia

The UAV was produced by JSC Gorizont (Rostov-on-Don) under license of Austrian company Schiebel.

http://navaltoday.com/2011/11/30/js...ed-helicopter-system-for-russian-coast-guard/

There is a new prodcuct available

16 December

The SOLO is derived from the SW-4 helicopter produced by Leonardo in Poland and is equipped with advanced systems and sensors, also made by the company in Italy and the UK, and designed to operate with or without a pilot on board. The aircraft, recently returned from a successful demonstration campaign in the UK, is an innovative solution for activities such as hydrological and critical infrastructure monitoring, firefighting, search and rescue, patrol, and disaster relief activit

SW-4 SOLO

solo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom