Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sad Story

Saudi narrates her 21-year ordeal in Pakistan | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Saudi narrates her 21-year ordeal in Pakistan

1379356928927790300.jpg

Popular Saudi TV show “Eight O’clock,” presented by Dawood Al-Shiryan, aired a video report Sunday about Umm Amal, a Saudi woman who was forced to work as a housemaid in Pakistan for 21 years after being raped by a man almost 30 years her senior in the Kingdom.
Umm Amal was just 14 when she was raped after being asked by her stepmother to seek a loan from a Pakistani neighbor.
Her stepmother persuaded her biological mother to leave the country under the pretext that her father would kill her if he learned of the incident.
Her rapist arranged for her to travel to Pakistan.
Her rapist married her legally upon arrival in Pakistan.
She lived in Pakistan for 21 years, earning her living by working as a housemaid. She gave birth to three children during that time.
“I was kidnapped by a Pakistani man and lived in Pakistan this entire time. I re-established communication with my family by chance when I bumped into a group of young Saudis in Karachi and gave them the name of my father. I told them that I wanted to go back to Saudi Arabia because I was afraid that my daughters might meet the same fate. I did not want them to work as housemaids in Pakistan,” she said.
“A week later, I called my father but he refused to speak to me.”
“I called but he hung up again. A Saudi young man advised me to go to the Saudi Embassy in Islamabad, who referred my case to the consulate in Karachi. I followed up on my case with Ubaid Allah Al-Harbi, the vice consul, who said he would send a car to take me to the consulate, but he then found out that I live in a neighborhood known for its high crime rates and didn’t send the car,” she said.
“I took a taxi to follow up on my case, but I was unsuccessful. For two years, I got nothing from the consulate in Karachi. Okaz newspaper raised my case. My father then came to see me in Pakistan. He told me that I have no honor and that I am a terrorist belonging to Al-Qaeda,” she added.
“My father was very cold with me even though I haven’t seen him for 20 years. He did not hug me. He ridiculed my children, saying they look like housemaids. He left a photocopy of my passport with the Saudi Embassy in Islamabad,” she said.
“I am not going back to Pakistan. Now that my father has disowned me, I only have my country left,” Umm Amal added.

for me its uncompleted story . may be a case of love and run to Pakistan ?we should have both sides on table not only one side . i have soft corner for lady but we have her housband too on table so we may know what really happened . sometime young couples love run from homes marry and after that when love charm over they blame each other for what happen.

She seems married to a poor PK guy and had to do household works. I dont think she was a house maid and treated that way.

for me its uncompleted story . may be a case of love and run to Pakistan ?we should have both sides on table not only one side . i have soft corner for lady but we have her housband too on table so we may know what really happened . sometime young couples love run from homes marry and after that when love charm over they blame each other for what happen.

good post. u have sixth sense ? kya khate ho sir g ?

well she told no names of the people she was abducted by... this story seems a political stunt, as Nawaz Kingo is in Turkey, mirchain lag rahi hon gi Saudis ko !! :chilli:

This is just brutal - the culprits need to be brought to justice.

Sad Story

Saudi narrates her 21-year ordeal in Pakistan | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Saudi narrates her 21-year ordeal in Pakistan

1379356928927790300.jpg

Popular Saudi TV show “Eight O’clock,” presented by Dawood Al-Shiryan, aired a video report Sunday about Umm Amal, a Saudi woman who was forced to work as a housemaid in Pakistan for 21 years after being raped by a man almost 30 years her senior in the Kingdom.
Umm Amal was just 14 when she was raped after being asked by her stepmother to seek a loan from a Pakistani neighbor.
Her stepmother persuaded her biological mother to leave the country under the pretext that her father would kill her if he learned of the incident.
Her rapist arranged for her to travel to Pakistan.
Her rapist married her legally upon arrival in Pakistan.
She lived in Pakistan for 21 years, earning her living by working as a housemaid. She gave birth to three children during that time.
“I was kidnapped by a Pakistani man and lived in Pakistan this entire time. I re-established communication with my family by chance when I bumped into a group of young Saudis in Karachi and gave them the name of my father. I told them that I wanted to go back to Saudi Arabia because I was afraid that my daughters might meet the same fate. I did not want them to work as housemaids in Pakistan,” she said.
“A week later, I called my father but he refused to speak to me.”
“I called but he hung up again. A Saudi young man advised me to go to the Saudi Embassy in Islamabad, who referred my case to the consulate in Karachi. I followed up on my case with Ubaid Allah Al-Harbi, the vice consul, who said he would send a car to take me to the consulate, but he then found out that I live in a neighborhood known for its high crime rates and didn’t send the car,” she said.
“I took a taxi to follow up on my case, but I was unsuccessful. For two years, I got nothing from the consulate in Karachi. Okaz newspaper raised my case. My father then came to see me in Pakistan. He told me that I have no honor and that I am a terrorist belonging to Al-Qaeda,” she added.
“My father was very cold with me even though I haven’t seen him for 20 years. He did not hug me. He ridiculed my children, saying they look like housemaids. He left a photocopy of my passport with the Saudi Embassy in Islamabad,” she said.
“I am not going back to Pakistan. Now that my father has disowned me, I only have my country left,” Umm Amal added.

Well the story claims that her rapist married her when she arrived in Pak right?

Then the article quotes her saying ''I was kidnapped by a Pakistani man and lived in Pakistan this entire time''

She gave birth to three Children at that time.

This statement contradicts itself.

Anyway i dont think this is true story.

Marrying/Raping(whether the girl wills it or not) a 14 Yr old is unjust anywhere, they must be punished.

sorry for her 21 years is a life time hope she get back to saudi

While residing in Saudi more interesting for me is to see this news on frontpage in arabnews.com (their only english newspaper) when NS is in power. Our govt is really spineless.

Well the story claims that her rapist married her when she arrived in Pak right?

Then the article quotes her saying ''I was kidnapped by a Pakistani man and lived in Pakistan this entire time''

She gave birth to three Children at that time.

This statement contradicts itself.

Anyway i dont think this is true story.
Totally agree she left KSA willingly. Though do not want to defend the man involved, if he really was, who knows her step mother had taken money on the pretext of allowing the man to have sex with the girl.

There is something more to it.

Totally agree she left KSA willingly. Though do not want to defend the man involved, if he really was, who knows her step mother had taken money on the pretext of allowing the man to have sex with the girl.

There is something more to it.

Hmm yes i ignored this point if She had her real mother alive then why did she told this all to her step mother and even took this big decision to have left the country on her saying?

Why didnt she took her own mother into confidence? Usually Girls tell their mother abt such things in every country??

Stories like this posted on a defence forum

Gimme a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom