What's new

Saudi Super Light UAV Program

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Super Light UAV Program

KACST has successfully build and tested a Super Light UAV in accordance with the Ministry of Defense's needs for a Light UAV to be carried in a soldier's backpack with the ability to be launched by hand or by runway according to user's choice. The Super Light UAV is 4.5 kg, and has a radius of 50Kms on an altitude of 1000 meters, with an endurance of up to 4-5 hours. It uses a locally developed Electric Engine developed specifically for this UAV, Carbon Fiber has been used heavily in the making of its hull. This UAV is the lightest of its category int he world.

Program is set to be completed in Q2 2014, and is currently undergoing testing by the Ministry of Defense.

270481097.png

Locally Developed UAV controls:
PGCS_33.jpg

Looks very great, but isnt it a little big to be hand thrown?

I think it is supposed to be some sort of a cross breed of UAVs. Like between the the RQ-11 Raven and RQ-7 Shadow UAVs.

It looks cool. How many do you guys think they are going to build?

IKR? Maybe their going build a few dozens after testing these ten.

We'll see how it goes, maybe they will supply the infantry with large amounts, I doubt the Air Force will be interested in this one, The Sakr series is the one that is up their ally.

It looks cool. How many do you guys think they are going to build?

Well of course it depends on the requirement , mate . That is the obvious part :D

But if the programs meets its expectations , trust me , it will be a lot .

We'll see how it goes, maybe they will supply the infantry with large amounts, I doubt the Air Force will be interested in this one, The Sakr series is the one that is up their ally.
Hmmm, I think the RSAF is hooked up on the Saker as well as the UAE version ( Forgot its name ) ..

Well of course it depends on the requirement , mate . That is the obvious part :D

But if the programs meets its expectations , trust me , it will be a lot .

Me wantie Pak AlBuraq

It isn't ready yet , there are still challenges in the program mostly the financial problems , I think :(

It is our first armed UAV , after all .

Yes I know. We may want to get it to help Pakistan boosting up its production and to benefit from it financially. Right now, the Saudi NG is testing Al-Khalid tank :D BTW

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom