What's new

Saudi Arabia, Qatar may be playing dangerous game over Syria rebels

That is not correct Doritos. I don't know all those groups but according to Wikipedia and the links you posted then if you click at many of the groups then their opponents are the Child-Murderer army and militias AND ISIS. Wikipedia says so. Under "allies and oppponents". For example the first group in the links you posted.

Besides a so-called number of 60.000 "hardcore jihadists" those that I described that hate each and every Muslim country and government is simply not correct. They don't number more than 5.000 AT MOST. FSA and groups allied to it (not hardcore "jihadists") still outnumber any other Syrian opposition groups by large. FSA alone still has close to 100.000 members. Many of whom are former Al-Assad soldiers. I highly doubt that more than 2% of them joined all those hardcore "Jihadist" groups.

Also we can argue the same about Al-Assad and his people. Most are nearly also foreigners now. Dozens of Shia militias (many foreign) with thousand of members. HizbAlShaitan even had to help them etc.

We hear about Russian/Christian extremist volunteers etc. We saw the pictures of that Ruskie that was caught and brought to justice not long ago in the "Syrian cvil war" thread.

Sorry if I fell for Assad propaganda, about current FSA situation, but my information is only as good as the journalists accounts that I am looking at.

As for the current situation in Syria, regardless of FSA strength, it looks like a stalemate, sometimes going one way and then going the other way. To break out of this impasse, Saudi side need some new strategy. I offer myself to become Bandar bin Sultan's assistant :D. Now that the US has shown its true colors, GCC can follow the following strategy:

1. call a secret meeting of Chief of staff of following countries: Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh
2. get special forces from all these countries to train more FSA soldiers in Turkey and Jordan
3. use Jihadists in a positive way, to face Assads forces and coordinate their movement with FSA from a single central command center war room
4. after Assad is removed bring in a OIC PKF to stabilize Syria:
https://defence.pk/threads/oic-peac...ng-peace-in-majority-muslim-countries.265216/
5. if we see success in Syria, then we should see deployments in Afghanistan, Libya (if needed) and Somalia to stabilize failed states

Saudi King can make this happen, if he wants to, it is not beyond his ability and as a result he will be remembered as a savior of the Muslim world and harbinger of world peace and stability.

And thanks for posting the Free Syrian Army forum link. You should post it more often, so people can get first hand info. Arabic is translated by google.

Last edited:
@kalu_miah

call a secret meeting of Chief of staff of following countries: Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh
Al Sisi will go along with the plans of Saudi arabia and Qatar to arm jihadists targeting the Egyptian army ?

2. get special forces from all these countries to train more FSA soldiers in Turkey and Jordan
Already done earlier, useless since they have no ideology to follow, they will sell their arms to the rich jihadists financed by the higher commanders around the world, Bin laden’s money didn’t disappear.

3. use Jihadists in a positive way, to face Assads forces and coordinate their movement with FSA from a single central command center war room
Until they bomb Turkey & Jordan and lose their side which has already been done once, more will always follow if they gain more influence, working with the American kuffar = takfir, no negotiation.

4. after Assad is removed bring in a OIC PKF to stabilize Syria:
That’s what I mean with fantasy..
https://defence.pk/threads/oic-peac...ng-peace-in-majority-muslim-countries.265216/
5. if we see success in Syria, then we should see deployments in Afghanistan, Libya (if needed) and Somalia to stabilize failed states
As above.

Saudi King can make this happen, if he wants to, it is not beyond his ability and as a result he will be remembered as a savior of the Muslim world and harbinger of world peace and stability.
You will get a medal from him, but FANTASY.

Don’t look at the wikipedia pages, look at recent Syria video’s. All I see is Islamic flags, the 3 start FSA flag is barely being used anymore, take a look yourself, how often do you hear them speak about the FSA in Arabic Syria, you hear Jaish al Islami and such.
The Iraq-Syria borders were/are controlled by Jihadists not FSA, they are leading the fight, FSA is not 100.000 anymore, that’s history.

This cannot be proven by 1 article or vid as people would write it off as Assad propaganda, though it’s quite known now.

That is because most of the areas close to the Iraqi border are controlled by ISIS. Same people who are present in Al-Anbar, Mosul, Ninawa province, Salah-ad Din province in Iraq across the border they are just not able to operate in the open. Syria is in chaos so they can operate there. Most of the civilians have no guns and the Al-Assad mercenaries have been defeated in those areas of Syria. FSA are still present there. in Ar-Raqqah province for example. Also in Deir ez-Zor. FSA also used Islamic symbols. All groups in Syria do that. The Child-Murderer is playing pious Muslim each Friday during Friday Prayer. His generals also - I mean those that are left (LOL).

The videos you see are from ISIS and the same small group of people.

I hear Syrian Arabic, Iraqi Arabic, Tunesian Arabic, sometimes the Arabic dialects of KSA, Yemeni dialects, Lebanese, Egyptian, Libyan, Moroccan etc. Virtually every dialect because you have people from both sides from across the world. I also hear English speaking people, Chechens, other Caucasians, Farsis, Afghans etc.

Most are by far still local Syrians though.

ISIS has no more than 10.000 members. Al-Nusra about the same number. So how can they even make up anything other than a minority of the Syrian opposition?

Groups fighting under an Islamic banner does not make them equal to Al-Nusra or ISIS.

I am not talking about winners here. Al-Assad staying in power as you and your friends wish for is a no-win situation for any group in Syria. At the other hand if the majority of Syrians who don't support him, want reforms, new ruler, justice, more rights etc. had more to say a solution could be quickly found.

For me the Alawis can do what they want. All I ask for is the ones guilty of killing children, fellow Muslims and Arabs to be brought to justice. You can do the same with the Syrian opposition for all I care.

I have always supported FSA and made this clear on this forum since January where I joined. I still believe that they have a rightful cause and just because some elements (on both sides try to meddle) it does not make their cause less righteous, just, understandable etc.

Al-Assad stepping down is just one thing. You really think that all his worshippers, Nusayris, hardcore fellow Ba'athists that have not known a Syria without Ba'athism will suddenly give up/leave their ideology just because their figurehead dies? Do you think that Al-Nusra will stop fighting or FSA if their heads will get killed? Yes, you should be able to know the answer.

Even the UN have called Al-Assad nothing more than a mass-criminal and war criminal that must be brought to justice. UN. Not Saudi Arabia, not Qatar, not Turkey not Jordan. But the leader of UN. A South Korean with no ties to the Middle East let alone a Muslim. Or most of the world powers who also have the exact same opinion.

LOL. House of Saud are doing the righteous thing. They support the Syrian people and their fight against a Child-Murdering mass-murderer, dictator, tyrant and minority sect member inside Syria all while your country and its Mullah's are supporting a lost cause believing that he has any legitimacy left contrary to the world community. And the House of Saud are the evil ones. OK.

Only Syrian people can decide whether Assad stays or goes. Neither Saudi Arabia nor Iran can dictate the outcome of Syrian elections. The only recipe is to have internationally supervised elections, where all opposition parties are inclusive.
And based on results have a power-sharing formula.

Leave it to Syrians to decide for themselves, who is legitimate and who is not. What is wrong with this plan?

That is because most of the areas close to the Iraqi border are controlled by ISIS. Same people who are present in Al-Anbar, Mosul, Ninawa province, Salah-ad Din province in Iraq across the border they are just not able to operate in the open. Syria is in chaos so they can operate there. Most of the civilians have no guns and the Al-Assad mercenaries have been defeated in those areas of Syria. FSA are still present there. in Ar-Raqqah province for example. Also in Deir ez-Zor. FSA also used Islamic symbols. All groups in Syria do that. The Child-Murderer is playing pious Muslim each Friday during Friday Prayer. His generals also - I mean those that are left (LOL).

The videos you see are from ISIS and the same small group of people.

I hear Syrian Arabic, Iraqi Arabic, Tunesian Arabic, sometimes the Arabic dialects of KSA, Yemeni dialects, Lebanese, Egyptian, Libyan, Moroccan etc. Virtually every dialect because you have people from both sides from across the world. I also hear English speaking people, Chechens, other Caucasians, Farsis, Afghans etc.

Most are by far still local Syrians though.

ISIS has no more than 10.000 members. Al-Nusra about the same number. So how can they even make up anything other than a minority of the Syrian opposition?

Groups fighting under an Islamic banner does not make them equal to Al-Nusra or ISIS.

ISIS isn’t the biggest group, Nusra is bigger and there are other groups even bigger, total they do number ~60.000 or more, many FSA joined them. There are moderates, but the organization of the moderates ( SNC/FSA ) is lost, Jihadist groups are growing faster by number then the FSA attracting people from all over the world.
FSA has a different ideology, eventually they will clash and it’s impossible for the FSA to win it against them especially now that they are even weaker.

Also @kalu_miah

From other posts you justified what George HW did in 1991 against Iraq but denounced what George W bush did in 2003, this shows you don’t care, Iraq bombed to the ground, Syria burnt for years, your all here for what’s good for the GCC. This is what your trying to pass to us... using Syria as if it’s your property to play with in the region. A "majoosi" like me isn’t even doing that.
So drop all the GCC fantasy plans and get back to the Syrian topic.

Only Syrian people can decide whether Assad stays or goes. Neither Saudi Arabia nor Iran can dictate the outcome of Syrian elections. The only recipe is to have internationally supervised elections, where all opposition parties are inclusive.
And based on results have a power-sharing formula.

Leave it to Syrians to decide for themselves, who is legitimate and who is not. What is wrong with this plan?

The Syrians cannot vote because your hero has been bombing all of Syria aside from his Alawi homeland for 2.5 years now. All infrastructure is gone. He was even bombing whole villages and cities during Eid. What do you expect? No elections can take place during a war. Stop kidding and be realistic for once.

Syrians are the ones who will rule themselves and decide. That is right. They are not different to any other independent nation or people. But the Syrians are our Muslim, Arab and Semitic brothers and sisters whom we share most in common with. So this issue is sensitive for us. They have also asked us for help on numerous occasions. Each clip from Syria where something bad happens you hear "where are the Arabs". Same with other Arab countries. KSA has many people of Syrian ancestry (both citizens that came to what is now KSA centuries ago and the recent immigration - non-citizens). Same with the other way. We are not talking about Laos here 10.000 km away or Papua New Guinea.

Syria nearly borders KSA. Just that tiny strip of land of Northwestern Jordan. Straight south from Damascus you will enter Northern Hijaz after going through Jordan. Iran on the other hand is some 2000 km away and have not even close to similar ties to Syria be it religious, ethnic, cultural, linguistic etc.

Most Iranians do not care about Syria or Syrians. They are just Arabs to them. Sunni (or Vahabi as your troll countrymen call them). Just like most of your fellow Iranian members openly have said that they don't care about Palestinians. Just another Arabs. Traitors even they called them. No such word will you hear from any Sunni Arabs on this forum. You can talk about Arab governments not doing enough for Palestine but our governments do not speak for all people.

The fact is that the international community, Muslim world, Arab world etc. consider Al-Assad as a un-legitimate leader of Syria.

^^ fantasy

Try being realistic

I know it is fantasy, but something like this is not impossible. I think it is within scope of Saudi King
Khaleeji brains is not an insult unless you view Gulf arabs as an insult, this is the way all Gulf Arabs think therefor..

It is an insult, because you think that only Iraqi Shia, Lebanese Shia and Iranian Shia can care about their Shia brothers in Syria (who until recently were barely Shia themselves), but when a Bangladeshi Sunni Muslim like myself show that I care about my Sunni Syrian or GCC brothers, I become Sectarian or Khaleeji brain. Now what exactly do you mean when you say I am Khaleeji brain, just tell me honestly and frankly, I am curious to find out.

I know it is fantasy, but something like this is not impossible. I think it is within scope of Saudi King

It is an insult, because you think that only Iraqi Shia, Lebanese Shia and Iranian Shia can care about their Shia brothers in Syria (who until recently were barely Shia themselves), but when a Bangladeshi Sunni Muslim like myself show that I care about my Sunni Syrian or GCC brothers, I become Sectarian or Khaleeji brain. Now what exactly do you mean when you say I am Khaleeji brain, just tell me honestly and frankly, I am curious to find out.

Yes really, Read the above message I typed, it’s evidence that you don’t give 2 shits about Syria nor Iraq.

Or do I have to bring your own posts saying what HW bush did in 1991 was good to protect the GCC but 2003 not ? ofcourse let Iraq stay under sanctions and die, as long as it’s good for the GCC.
Cut the BS.

The Syrians cannot vote because your hero has been bombing all of Syria aside from his Alawi homeland for 2.5 years now. All infrastructure is gone. He was even bombing whole villages and cities during Eid. What do you expect? No elections can take place during a war. Stop kidding and be realistic for once.

Syrians are the ones who will rule themselves and decide. That is right. They are not different to any other independent nation or people. But the Syrians are our Muslim, Arab and Semitic brothers and sisters whom we share most in common with. So this issue is sensitive for us. They have also asked us for help on numerous occasions. Each clip from Syria where something bad happens you hear "where are the Arabs". Same with other Arab countries. KSA has many people of Syrian ancestry (both citizens that came to what is now KSA centuries ago and the recent immigration - non-citizens). Same with the other way. We are not talking about Laos here 10.000 km away or Papua New Guinea.

Syria nearly borders KSA. Just that tiny strip of land of Northwestern Jordan. Straight south from Damascus you will enter Northern Hijaz after going through Jordan. Iran on the other hand is some 2000 km away and have not even close to similar ties to Syria be it religious, ethnic, cultural, linguistic etc.

Most Iranians do not care about Syria or Syrians. They are just Arabs to them. Just like most of your fellow Iranian members openly have said that they don't care about Palestinians. Just another Arabs. Traitors even they called them. No such word will you hear from any Sunni Arabs on this forum. You can talk about Arab governments not doing enough for Palestine but our governments do not speak for all people.

The fact is that the international community, Muslim world, Arab world etc. consider Al-Assad as a un-legitimate leader of Syria.

Dont even talk about Palestine. You collaborated with the Israelis to starve the Palestinians. You keep throwing money to Palestinian Authority, which is a tool for the Israeli ockupying regime. So lets not even go there.

And dont tell me what we care about or not care about. You are in no position to claim moral authority, so please keep that nonsense to yourself.
For the longest time, all Ive been hearing from your ilk is how Syria will become "Saudi property". These are the exact words of BLACKEAGLE. As if this is all a game. Peoples lives are at stake, but that seems irrelevant to you people. Regardless of what you say and pretend.

Dont even talk about Palestine. You collaborated with the Israelis to starve the Palestinians. You keep throwing money to Palestinian Authority, which is a tool for the Israeli ockupying regime. So lets not even go there.

And dont tell me what we care about or not care about. You are in no position to claim moral authority, so please keep that nonsense to yourself.
For the longest time, all Ive been hearing from your ilk is how Syria will become "Saudi property". These are the exact words of BLACKEAGLE. As if this is all a game. Peoples lives are at stake, but that seems irrelevant to you people. Regardless of what you say and pretend.

LOL, you just don't like to hear the facts and truth. You have basically nothing to do with Syria or any Arab country or Semitic people/country. Syria is thousands of km away from your country. 99% of all Syrians don't even belong to the sect that 88% of all Iranians belong to. Stop kidding. Also I am sure that I exposed the majority sentiment of your countrymen here. It is not any different inside Iran. We know your guys and your sentiments.

Eh, long before your Officer-son (Shah) who was the greatest friend of Israel in the region, KSA was at the forefront together with other Arab countries in supporting Palestine and Palestinians whom we once again share much more in common with on every level and the issues I already mentioned in connection to Syrians.

You are just making pathetic claims and unfounded ones. KSA is the biggest donor to Palestine. You on the other hand are not doing anything else than using Palestine for your own gains. Once your Mullah's and establishment will shake hands with the West (like in the good old days were Iran was the greatest Western ally of the region) you will abandon the Palestinians. Our only Palestinian member here is even of the same opinion. On the other hand the Arab people (read people) will never abandon their brethren in Palestine. So come again.

Israel and KSA has no relation. Israelis are not even allowed to enter KSA nor Saudi Arabians entering Israel. There is no official relations even.

All while your country hosts the biggest group of Jews in the Middle East.

Those are just nonsense. Find a single post of me saying that or Blackeagle. It should be easy. Just write my username in that search function and the claim you just made.

Also @kalu_miah

From other posts you justified what George HW did in 1991 against Iraq but denounced what George W bush did in 2003, this shows you don’t care, Iraq bombed to the ground, Syria burnt for years, your all here for what’s good for the GCC. This is what your trying to pass to us... using Syria as if it’s your property to play with in the region. A "majoosi" like me isn’t even doing that.
So drop all the GCC fantasy plans and get back to the Syrian topic.

Yes, George HW did the smart thing, he did not remove Saddam. But stupid neocons convinced George W to remove him, which actually hurt US interest in the region. In any event, now Iraq has majority Shia rule, but you cannot deal with your minority in a fair way, so it is still destabilized. Iraq is still unfinished business, no telling what will happen to Iraq in the future. I have no personal hatred for Shia. One of my close friend is a Iranian Shia. Also I have many friends at work who are Shia. In short I have no hatred issues with any group of people. What I have a problem with is the stupid self defeating foreign policy of Iranian theocracy, which has destabilized the region and caused enormous death and destruction and it is continuing as we speak.

LOL, you just don't like to hear the facts and truth. You have basically nothing to do with Syria or any Arab country or Semitic people/country. Syria is thousands of km away from your country. 99% of all Syrians don't even belong to the sect that 88% of all Iranians belong to. Stop kidding. Also I am sure that I exposed the majority sentiment of your countrymen here. It is not any different inside Iran. We know your guys and your sentiments.

Eh, long before your Officer-son (Shah) who was the greatest friend of Israel in the region, KSA was at the forefront together with other Arab countries in supporting Palestine and Palestinians whom we once again share much more in common with on every level and the issues I already mentioned in connection to Syrians.

You are just making pathetic claims and unfounded ones. KSA is the biggest donor to Palestine. You on the other hand are not doing anything else than using Palestine for your own gains. Once your Mullah's and establishment will shake hands with the West (like in the good old days were Iran was the greatest Western ally of the region) you will abandon the Palestinians. Our only Palestinian member here is even of the same opinion. On the other hand the Arab people (read people) will never abandon their brethren in Palestine. So come again.

Those are just nonsense. Find a single post of me saying that or Blackeagle. It should be easy. Just write my username in that search function and the claim you just made.

See what I mean? You are just making my point. I dont think in sectarian terms and I dont care what other religions people follow?
Why are you so patological? Arent you in Denmark? I would think that getting education in a civilized country, would get out out of these backward thinking, but maybe its just part of Saudi DNA?

First of all, Shah is no longer in power. We threw his a.ss out. Which is more than what I can say for Saudis, still being dictated by a feudal tribal family, that belongs in the 7th century.
Second of all, you are the biggest donor to Palestinian authority. PA is another system of control. Kinda how like the racist White Afrikaaner of South Africa gave money to black sell-out leaders in the apartheid bantustans. And that is what Palestinians in West Bank are living in now. Ethnic enclaves/bantustans surrounded by walls and fences.
Hence, Saudi Arabia is guilty of aiding the Israeli apartheid regime. This is a fact that you cant escape. Stop talking about "brethren" and all of that nonsense.
These are empty words

Yes, George HW did the smart thing, he did not remove Saddam. But stupid neocons convinced George W to remove him, which actually hurt US interest in the region. In any event, now Iraq has majority Shia rule, but you cannot deal with your minority in a fair way, so it is still destabilized. Iraq is still unfinished business, no telling what will happen to Iraq in the future. I have no personal hatred for Shia. One of my close friend is a Iranian Shia. Also I have many friends at work who are Shia. In short I have no hatred issues with any group of people. What I have a problem with is the stupid self defeating foreign policy of Iranian theocracy, which has destabilized the region and caused enormous death and destruction and it is continuing as we speak.

That’s good, your opinion you can do what you want.
Just don’t be bullshitting us with all this stuff about Syria when your interests is GCC.
Iraq needs to deal with the enemy by iron fist, That means like Al Sisi , though your GCC friends will play secterian card when that happens, hypocricy. Anyway this is about Syria, neither Iraq nor GCC. So quit the GCC dreams.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom